"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

3 hours ago, axljungle said:

Welcome to the jungle-b side Mr Brownstone. Sweet child o’mine -b side it’s so easy. Patience - b side rocket queen. You could be mine-b side civil war…

Those were previously released songs and not quite “B-sides” in the sense they’re non-album tracks or only available on a single. It’s not a bad thing to be a B-side. A lot of bands’ best songs are non-album tracks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bumbleslash69 said:

Those were previously released songs and not quite “B-sides” in the sense they’re non-album tracks or only available on a single. It’s not a bad thing to be a B-side. A lot of bands’ best songs are non-album tracks.

Civil War is the “R” side of You Could Be Mine single, was released before Use Your Illusions.

Guns N Roses is not like other bands, b sides aren’t less important than the main song.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, axljungle said:

Civil War is the “R” side of You Could Be Mine single, was released before Use Your Illusions.

Guns N Roses is not like other bands, b sides aren’t less important than the main song.

Can’t say this enough. GNR has so many great R sides. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, axljungle said:

It’s So Easy with Mr. Brownstone single was also released before Appettite. People in this forum love making up their own ridiculous facts. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, STPGNR4EVER said:

Is the General gonna be as big as November Rain? Like millions worldwide will know of it?

Years from now we'll read essays on how it came to be so highly regarded worldwide that the titles of the highest ranking military officials were named after this one magnum opus.

• Haha 2

On 10/8/2023 at 9:02 PM, Sweersa said:

I sure hope so, that, and other gems like Soul Monster.

If I actually had money right now....lol.... id be willing to bet a good amount of it that somewhere someone or at least a few people has to have a good amount of this stuff. I really want to hear Soul Monster.

Edited by Carnal894x

24 minutes ago, CAFC Nick said:

For some reason I have a feeling that a hoarder will leak a demo of it just before the time of official release

If this happens and it’s a demo with the CD lineup, I think I might try to avoid it until I listen to the official release. 

• Like 3