"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

1 hour ago, DannyVinyard said:

It's about as subjective as comparing a Ferrari to a Ford. I'll take the Ferrari (Robin's Perhaps solo) over the crappy Ford (Slash's Perhaps solo) every time. 

In fact, Slash's solo is so bad, it tarnishes the songs so much for me that I have zero interest in listening to it, at least his version of it.

Take the Ferarri, I take the Ford f650:headbang:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, estrangedtwat said:

Careful what you wish for.

From 1993-2008 the one song in the universe I wanted to hear more than anything else was This I Love.

Axl said it was the "heaviest thing he'd ever written."

I fantasized about it.  Was it gonna be like Estranged on steroids??  I even asked Axl about the song when I met him in 2002.

Not to derail this thread but what conversation did you have with Axl about TIL? Don’t think I’ve heard this one!

2 hours ago, GNRRHCP98 said:

Almost Thursday over in NZ… we’ll know soon enough if we are indeed getting visited by “The General”  :blink:

I wouldn't have high hopes, it's only "shipping day", not really a release day. If it's not up by Halloween it will probably not be released digitally for a while and be instantly blocked on Youtube when someone tries to upload, until they decide to release it.

8 hours ago, Slugworth said:

Any time you see one of these so called vinyl experts saying the song can't fit, you're not speaking to a vinyl expert. You're speaking to someone who doesn't know their elbow from their asshole.

You're right. The couple remaining links dating back to the time of the original leaking of this info do not mention Perhaps.

Atlas
Cuban Skies
Goin' Down
Jackie Chan
Light My Fire
Monstrosity
Silk Worms
Soul Monster
The General
Thyme
Tonto

http://chinese-democracy.blogspot.com/2011/02/gnr-plans-for-chinese-democracy-reissue.html?showComment=1296693692462&m=1#c597597201777066450

http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?pid=209564#p209564

Including Perhaps in it post-2019 is the typical retconning and fan fiction the forums have always been known for.

One person says it, then another, another, and then it morphs into fact.

Posts from 2011 don't lie or have some current desire to be right or pretend they have super secret emails.

You keep saying this but never post it.

In other words, you don't have it.

Go back to whining for Finck and Buckethead on the songs. You're out of your element on anything else.

I'm no vinyl expert, but there are facts and figures regarding how much music you can put on one side of a 7" without seriously compromising the sound quality. 

I won't bore people by posting it all on here again, but it's all available if people want to look it up. 

1 hour ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I wouldn't have high hopes, it's only "shipping day", not really a release day. If it's not up by Halloween it will probably not be released digitally for a while and be instantly blocked on Youtube when someone tries to upload, until they decide to release it.

Then hopefully people are smart an upload it with a different name to.disguise it from team brazil takedowners.. so it's up long enough for people to hear it. Lol

Guns n roses - "the lieutenant" ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WhazUp said:

I have said it before and I will say it again, I get if people prefer the CD era guitarists more on CD era stuff, but some of the negative assessments Slash as a guitar player since 2016 gets both on the released studio stuff and CD era stuff I find to be very overdramatic - and overall have found his takes enjoyable.  

Things like his Perhaps solo or the live Better solo I find fine and don't think the hate matches what he is actually doing but that's just me :shrugs:

The only solo slash truly sucks on time after time is this i love. he completely misses the point and feel of the song, almost like a big fuck you to fans and axl. fincks solo was one of the best gnr solos ever, whether people rate the song or not. slash does well on CD and better. he does ok on TWAT. the rest aren't as good as the album, with just this i love as downright atrocious. hardskool is ok, absurd is ok. perhaps i think is worse then robins but only just, it's not like his was incredible. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bangit said:

I think it's looking more likely that there won't be a digital release this week.

My prediction would be that the Vinyl will be shipped and people will start to receive it over the next week as anticipated. We will hear it online next week.

The track will get picked up in the music press, they will use that free bit of publicity and release it shortly afterwards on digital format. Possibly next Friday or the one after that. 

This would make zero sense. It'd mean 99% of fans first listen of the song would be a low quality copy from a vinyl uploaded to youtube. why on earth would the band want that to be how fans experience it for the first time? I cannot fathom a world where it is a vinyl only release. No band or management are that stupid SURELY

My biggest fear with this song (aside from the certain disappointment we’ll all face) is that they could have transformed the song into something that aligns with the current image of GnR: Retro stadium rock with a nostalgic appeal. This might have made the sing shorter, might have stripped it down and taken away the orchestral work, might’ve stripped it into a more shallow guitar rock (hard skool) kinda of vibe. This would suck a lot.

• Like 2

And I have a feeling it won't ever get played live.

All indications at the moment are that it's a throwaway song.

If they really want to include it the way they did SOYL, Hard Skool, Absurd, and Perhaps, they're gonna have to rehearse and soundcheck it a lot more.

Doubt it's on their radar.  Best case is they'll try in 2025 if they feel up to it.

They only have four shows left after a long tour.  They're exhausted and probably can't wait to just chill the fuck out.  I'm sure they'll have some energy at the two Bowl shows, but no reason they're gonna debut an unrehearsed song.

I'd love to be wrong.

• Like 4