"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

1 minute ago, Gordon Comstock said:

They're re-printing all the artwork. Axl threw a fit when he saw the song was mistakenly titled The General, instead of the correct title THE GENEЯAL N' MONSTEЯS. As artwork is an essential part of the musical experience, and his artistic integrity is of the highest standard, all previous pressings are currently in his driveway, shattered to pieces.

in that case I agree with @Dexter, that's a very good improvement, worth the delay

Okay. How about some communication with fans then if it’s vinyl pressing related. How about telling us that’s the reason? How about telling us weeks ago instead of the day of?

This is completely indefensible. You won’t convince me otherwise. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, themadcaplaughs said:

Look, I understand this band's history and why it has consistently set us up for disappointment and resentment, but come on. I imagine, more than likely, this is the result of vinyl issues. I have seen releases from other bands be pushed MUCH further down the line. I recently ordered some Weezer vinyl that was delayed close to a year due to manufacturing issues. 

I always felt the October release date for the vinyl seemed a little optimistic, but maybe they had clear word that deadline would definitely be met. Things happen. Enjoy some other music. Take a break from Guns N Roses for a while. We'll more than likely get this sooner than later. If we're still talking about this in March or April of next year with no updates, then go ahead and get pissed off. 

I do not mean to sound like a band/Axl sycophant. Any perusal of my posts will show I try to call it like it is, but it just seems people are getting riled up needlessly. Remember, just a few months ago, when "Perhaps" did not drop on the anticipated date, and we heard all this same hyperbole. Again, I admit this feels a little different since we actually had a shipping date in hand (I do not think we'd ever head an official release of "Perhaps" until it dropped), but if we want to judge this band on the same metric we judge other bands, this is happening across the board. 

By early next year, we'll all have likely heard "The General", made our initial comments, and promptly moved back to complaining about wanting more music. 

Was about to remind people of much of the same - it’s easy to say “lol typical GN’R”, but this has been a problem across the music business for several years now. This delay is very, very likely to be out of GN’R’s hands entirely. 

That said, it could (And should) have been communicated sooner than this, because there’s no way today is when they found out they can’t start shipping records tomorrow. 

• Like 4

Also, sorry to circle it back to this, but why not just release the song digitally? Literally no one would be outraged under those circumstances. No, but GNR had to do a little edgy “vinyl only exclusive” to drum up sales that they’d end up pushing away later. They’re just too hard skool to do anything normally.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

FERNANDO just offered this brief update on Reddit…

Reddit GNR Fan: Hey Fernando, are you the dipshit that decided to tell fans about The General being delayed on the advertised release date?

Fernando: Perhaps.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Powerage5 said:

Was about to remind people of much of the same - it’s easy to say “lol typical GN’R”, but this has been a problem across the music business for several years now. This delay is very, very likely to be out of GN’R’s hands entirely. 

That said, it could (And should) have been communicated sooner than this, because there’s no way today is when they found out they can’t start shipping records tomorrow. 

Still every other band is putting out singles and albums on vinyl left right and center. And they're coordinated to coincide with the CD and digital releases. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

You think the band decided to delay the physical release of Perhaps because they hate their fanbase? :lol:

Na, not for this alone, you know what I am talking about. I think this is just another spot on the dog.

The last two times I went to see GNR both sucked as a whole, the last time being in 2016. There was little to non commitment, a lifeless band. The last time I truly enjoyed a live GNR show was in 2010.

It was so bad the last time that I didn't attend concerts of major bands until a couple of weeks ago when I saw Ghost (a band that knows how to treat all their fans). Not only was the show one of the best I've seen, but it rekindled my desire to see rock bands again.

Things can go wrong when releasing singles, but does everything always go wrong for GNR? why is there always drama involved? Everything is complicated in within this band, and it's just music. It can't be that the last thing we have from this band came from a storage (I won't even mention the official releases of those same songs because they came out thanks to that leak).

5 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

Exactly! This is a level-headed response. I agree notice even a few days ago would have been nice: particularly when we know there are members of management actively reading the forums who had to know how excited the online fanbase was about this song. 

Again, however, many bands where this issue has happened did not bother to send updates until well after the initial shipping estimate passed (if they even provided one to begin with).

As Gn'R fans we just have to accept this is not a band that releases music regularly, but I can say since the new song started dropping in 2021, they seem much better about keeping their word than they did in the 2000s during the "dark years". 

Edited by themadcaplaughs
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

Just now, Skamos66 said:

Nah this shit just pissed me off so hard, is the start of it legit though?? If so, a royal fuck you to the person who rick rolled the rest of the song.

Sounds like a 100 dollar guitar through a 60 dollar amp, so no definitely not real :lol:

• Like 1

The official GN'R website still says the 27th. The general may indeed still be released tomorrow. Vinyl is a novelty some love cause its nostalgic. so their camp knows they are gonna sell some Vinyl anyway and a lot of people most likely are gonna keep their pre-orders because im sure a fair demo of those people falls into the nostalgic GNR fan or a fan of old school ways of playing music category. some people swear by the sound of vinyl. it literally doesn't really hurt them all that much to keep the 27th date for a digital release.

Just now, Miden34 said:

The official GN'R website still says the 27th. The general may indeed still be released tomorrow. Vinyl is a novelty some love cause its nostalgic. so their camp knows they are gonna sell some Vinyl anyway and a lot of people most likely are gonna keep their pre-orders because im sure a fair demo of those people falls into the nostalgic GNR fan or a fan of old school ways of playing music category. some people swear by the sound of vinyl. it literally doesn't really hurt them all that much to keep the 27th date for a digital release.

I hope they do digital release on 27th if not they’ve just shat all over the fans with this

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Also, sorry to circle it back to this, but why not just release the song digitally? Literally no one would be outraged under those circumstances. No, but GNR had to do a little edgy “vinyl only exclusive” to drum up sales that they’d end up pushing away later. They’re just too hard skool to do anything normally.

Exactly. The decent thing to do is say “Sorry folks, but here it is digitally.” But they couldn’t do that. Not even consider it, banish the thought.

• Sad 1
  • ABSUЯD 1