Axl should do Perhaps on the piano

12 minutes ago, Towelie said:

๐ŸŽน

Why does he only do NR? It'd be cool to see Axl play something different on the piano onstage.

Thoughts?

He probably doesn't remember how it goes lol.

Seriously thoygh, Perhaps is a new song and it would take a while for him to get comfortable singing it, let alone learning to play it as well. Better to focus all his energy on the singing side of things.

Yes! I think it would be great if Axl played the piano on it, that's always a plus. I would love a part of the show with Axl on the piano, more than just NR. Seems such a waste to have him only play NR on it. I'm sure he can play it without problems. He's been playing the piano since he was a child, I'm sure it wouldn't be any problem at all for him to play it.

ย 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Lio said:

Yes! I think it would be great if Axl played the piano on it, that's always a plus. I would love a part of the show with Axl on the piano, more than just NR. Seems such a waste to have him only play NR on it. I'm sure he can play it without problems. He's been playing the piano since he was a child, I'm sure it wouldn't be any problem at all for him to play it.

ย 

Yeah, it'd be so cool if Axl would do a 3 song piano set each night. Boot Dizzy off the stage for 20 minutes a night, rotate Perhaps, Catcher, Street of Dreams and Breakdown and then end the "Axl Piano Bar" on Nov Rain.ย 

Would be awesome.ย 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Towelie said:

Yeah, it'd be so cool if Axl would do a 3 song piano set each night. Boot Dizzy off the stage for 20 minutes a night, rotate Perhaps, Catcher, Street of Dreams and Breakdown and then end the "Axl Piano Bar" on Nov Rain.ย 

Would be awesome.ย 

Isnโ€™t street of dreams a Dizzy riff?ย 
ย 

I always thought him doing this I love would be sweetย 

Edited by Appetitefordiscussion

9 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

He probably doesn't remember how it goes lol.

Seriously thoygh, Perhaps is a new song and it would take a while for him to get comfortable singing it, let alone learning to play it as well. Better to focus all his energy on the singing side of things.

ย 

Gee, if only he had tons of time before the tour started to 'get comfortable' with the song. :facepalm:

ย 

But yes, on topic, it would be cool to see him do Perhaps on the piano. Maybe even move November Rain to the first half of the set, then bring it back out 30 minutes later and have Axl introduce the 'new song' while sitting at the piano, might give the performance more of a UYI vibe for casual fans... it would be cool to see him attempt it once or twice, at least.

On 8/20/2023 at 11:09 AM, DoMw94 said:

It's a much simpler song than November Rain, it doesn't need another keys player when there's already two of them

The piano in November Rain is more a percussion instrument.ย  It's mostly hitting the quarter notes, which makes it easier to sing over top.ย 

Perhaps has a more elaborate piano rhythm to it.ย  Not saying Axl can't play and sing at the same time, but it's not as simple as playing and singing November.ย 

That said, it's not as though the piano in Perhaps changes all that much.ย  It's fairly repetitive save for the fills in the chorus.ย  I'd rather see Axl engaging with the fans during the song than plunked on a piano bench to play mostly the same riff throughout the song.ย ย 

• Like 3
  • PERHAPS 1