11/05/23 - Toluca, MX - Hell and Heaven Fest

alfierose

1 minute ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

I don't think it means anything really. Axl clearly stipulated it was the last show of the tour for the year. It makes sense to thank the crew for the last seven years since they have been playing consistently. If they are planning a longer break, some of the crew may move on to work on other gigs.

Yeah, I don't think it means "the end" or anything like that. But it probably means a long break (longer than a year).

• Sad 1

Just now, GNRRHCP98 said:

Pretty solid setlist… if they went on a little bit earlier, I suppose TV Eye and Down on the Farm wouldn’t have been skipped… probably would’ve gotten another CD song or two. 

I’m watching the FB stream… I’m starting to personally get so sick of the “Mickey Mouse” comments… we get it: he doesn’t sound like he did when he was 25 LOL

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Yeah, I don't think it means "the end" or anything like that. But it probably means a long break (longer than a year).

I thing that it’d be a long break. This tour ends today, this year was insane with a lot of three plus hour shows. None in the world do that.

They deserve a good break 

• Like 2

The end of GN’R touring?  NITL. I wish the final show of the tour had ended with a proper  Guns concert and not a festival. Virtually no CD songs or deep cuts - a bit anti-climatic. But no complaints about the tour. And for the first time in a long time, I’m looking forward to what might come next. Thanks to all who were kind enough to do the work and source the streams - particularly cineater and Blackstar - as always, it was greatly appreciated and never taken for granted!

• Like 1

It sounded like Axl wanted to say more about The General, but something happened that pissed him off. He was ready to say something, then he stopped and said to someone "Can't hear a word you're saying". And then, "Alright, so this is a new song. I would like to tell you how it's a new song, but... whatever. Okay, so this is called The General.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

It sounded like Axl wanted to say more about The General, but something happened that pissed him off. He was ready to say something, then he stopped and said to someone "Can't hear a word you're saying". And then, "Alright, so this is a new song. I would like to tell you how it's a new song, but... whatever. Okay, so this is called The General.

Fernando's whipping boy... sounds like.

Axl: so this new song is about...

Fernando: (shakes his head at axl, glaring look, side of the stage)...

Axl: err, umm... ahh, okay nevermind, fine, This is the general... 

• Confused 1

I’m sad to see it come to an end. This was an amazing tour. Axl’s voice is horrid and worse as it’s ever been but literally everything else has been great. Music video, new songs, deep cuts and revamped set, etc. I don’t know what the future holds but I’m glad I was able to see them three times this tour, it was by far the most fun I’ve ever had being a GNR fan, and I really do love this lineup. I wish them the best in their break and hope it’s not the end, although with GNR silence you gotta accept it very well could be.

• Like 3