11/02/23 - Los Angeles, CA - The Hollywood Bowl NIGHT 2

alfierose

3 minutes ago, gabmmor said:

Setlist: It’s So Easy, Bad Obsession, Chinese Democracy, Slither, Mr. Brownstone, Pretty Tied Up, Rumble/Welcome To The Jungle, Double Talkin’ Jive, Perhaps, The General, Absurd, Estranged, Live And Let Die, Rocket Queen, Knockin’ On Heaven’s Door, T.V. Eye, Civil War/(Voodoo Child), Band Introductions, Slash Solo/Sweet Child O’ Mine, November Rain, Wichita Lineman, People Get Ready/Nightrain

Encore: Waiting On A Friend/Don’t Cry, Paradise City

(HTGTH))

Shorter set than last night but THE GENERAL!!

These shows honestly looked amazing. Would love a blu ray from them.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, steelestar said:

Really bizarre - when is the last time YCBM, Anything Goes and Down on the Farm were NOT played in the main set? Hard to believe this was planned or intentional.

You could be mine wasn't played in London 2022 ( night 2 ) axl was sick, neither was Rocket Queen or NR 

Woke up to a nice surprise, hope there's another YouTube video soon as the screaming woman recording it is doing my tits in, much like the Locomotive recording from 2019 was it ? Well played Axl on it 

Slash looked like he was enjoying the shit out of “The General.” That was a nice performance. Just watched it another coupon times. Surreal to see the footage of Slash alongside Axl playing THE MOTHERFUCKING UNICORN. The coda was A+. Axl went in and Duff and Slash were straight fuckin’ vibin.

Edited by GnR Chris
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

10 minutes ago, AtlasIllusions said:

happy to have been at the show and witnessed history! Even though it was a short ass show, I can’t complain AT all. 

Gotta imagine it was taxing on Axl to play back to back shows for the first time in a very long time. Dude definitely was out there busting his ass.  Melissa too being sick and all.

Props to the band. They are firing on all cylinders 

17 minutes ago, BucketEgg said:

Another video of it:

The crowd noise at the end was cut short, but sounds like they were into it.

Since it's been played live, will the song be mentioned in the news more?

Wow! 🙏🙏🙏🙏

55 minutes ago, gunsfanoldie said:

A shorter set will probably be necessary at some point, but I just hope it doesn't end up as this every night:

1. Its So Easy
2. Mr. Brownstone
3. Chinese Democracy
4. Welcome To The Jungle
5. Live And Let Die
6. Estranged
7. Double Talkin' Jive
8. Rocket Queen
9. You Could Be Mine
10. Civil War
11. Sweet Child O Mine
12. November Rain
13. Knockin' On Heaven's Door
14. Nightrain

ENCORE:
15. Patience/Don't Cry
16. Paradise City

Casuals will love it, but thats the 2 hour show there. We get almost an hour and a half of extras these days, which really help to go repeat times. And its hard for me to picture shows where they don't feel obligated to play ALL of them (even though I think you could certainly rotate those all in but not play them every night).

Tbh I think for the casuals you don't even need that many, the absolute essentials for them are WTTJ, PC, SCOM, NR, and KOHD/LALD. For everything else you can have alternates.

1. WTTJ
2. ISE/Brownstone
3. ABSURD/Hard Skool
4. LALD/KOHD
5. ChiDem/Better/TIL
6. RQ/DTJ
7. Civil War/Estranged
Duff Solo Spot
8. The General/Perhaps/Monsters
9. OTGM/My Michelle/TAY/Anything Goes/PTU/Down on the Farm/SoYL/Reckless
10. Locomotive/Coma/The Garden/Bad Obsession/YCBM
Slash Solo Spot
11. SCOM
12. NR
13. TWAT/Prostitute/Madagascar/SoD/Catcher/Sorry
14. Nightrain

Encore:

15. Don't Cry/Patience
16. PC

The casuals will hear everything they want to hear, and the hardcores will go to multiple shows to hear more songs.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Gnraxl13 said:

How do I post my video? Someone walked past me but I managed to get the whole song. 

also axl said before the song he hasnt sang it since spring or something like that & this is a perfect place to fall on his ass trying it

You need to upload it somewhere first, like Youtube for example, and then copy & paste the link here.