THE GENERAL - MONSTERS - Official Discussion Thread. NO LINKS OR ASKING FOR LINKS

1 minute ago, Jw224 said:

Yeah the leak is pretty much what we're gonna get imo. It sounds bad because of the mix and master. 

To me it sounds good, but guess that's subjective. The problem is about the quality of the audio, because the mp3 had clipping issues unlike any other release, including Hard School. So I guess this will be solved in the official release.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

To me it sounds good, but guess that's subjective. The problem is about the quality of the audio, because the mp3 had clipping issues unlike any other release, including Hard School. So I guess this will be solved in the official release.

I never thought to check the waveform of the song. The 1999 Oh My God is loud too from that standpoint, but I don't know if it suffered from clipping. Reminds me of Metallica's Death Magnetic clipping issues, where the band said it was intentional. 

• Sad 1

37 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

If, let's say, the orchestra or an instrument is more prominent, will be easy to tell if it's because of a different mix or just because of the bad quality of the leak?

If it's only a matter of few dBs, no. But a different mix involve reverb, delay, EQs, and effects. These are audio processing that will be directly noticeable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Voodoochild said:

The official version of Perhaps has some serious clipping issues too ( to my ears at least), I even bought different versions in FLAC format and listened to it on different streaming platforms, but they all had the same problem :(

Let's hope the official version of The General has better production. The song has more "breathing room" and doesn't seem to be as saturated with excessive layers as Perhaps, so I'm quite hopeful that it will be decently produced. I hope the orchestral part gets a few db+ on the final mix too.

Still hard to believe The General is finally coming out!! Exciting times to be a GN'R fan

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

General mix sounds the same but the audio is a little more clear. I'd imagine that means Monsters is final, too. 

That also probably means there is at least one more song out there that will be paired with Monsters. I could see it being Atlas, but maybe we will be pleasantly surprised with something else

Monsters / Eye On You :bitchfight:

Just now, History2010 said:

I have no idea why anyone doubted that the song would get a digital release. Fernando confirmed it would on Reddit weeks ago. I guess people are so used to being disappointed by GN'R that they assumed It would be vinyl exclusive.

Did he? I don’t recall… I know when someone asked for a CD release, he jokingly said “Perhaps,” but I didn’t know he explicitly confirmed TG for streaming??