THE GENERAL - MONSTERS - Official Discussion Thread. NO LINKS OR ASKING FOR LINKS

21 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I listened to the leak of The General after hearing the official FLAC, and I hear the clipping pop in the leak as well.

Now can we officially call it "The Clipping" or "The Clipper"... :awesomeface:

In all seriousness, I wouldn't be surprised if the CDII version has clipping as well. 

3 hours ago, axljungle said:

I just bought it in iTunes and hear it with headphones, now I heard the clipping. I think that is because the mix is so loud.

For me is a very good song and the voice could hear it clearly than leak.

Same. The clipping is way more prevalent when I listen to it on Apple Music via my AirPods. A shame, it really detracts from it, hopefully it’s addressed… I still love the song, but it is certainly an annoyance. 

Edited by GNRRHCP98
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, DarkLotus1111 said:

In all seriousness, I wouldn't be surprised if the CDII version has clipping as well. 

Based on how the 2008 album was mixed, I would guess with high confidence they didn't clip it. 1999 Oh My God was loud, but I don't think clipped. 

6 hours ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Agreed. I find it ABSURD that people are seriously suggesting The General is better than Catcher, IRS, and others off ChiDem ....

Yep. Makes no sense. IRS , Chinese and Better to name a few are miles ahead of this thing “Absurd”. Makes me sad the direction things are going overall

23 hours ago, AxlRQ93 said:

TSI has an amazing mix. the drums sound great, slash sounds perfect, and it’s raw and loud. Price did a good job but also Mike Clink I think was a lot more responsible for the guns sound than many give him credit. Yes Izzy and Steven were important but I think clink was too. 

I thought the same until I realized the difference between TSI and It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere is the mixing. Both were produced by Mike Clink and mastered by George Marino.

23 hours ago, UncleJosh said:

Amazon Music has all the lyrics for those having trouble with the vocals.

21 hours ago, uzi your illusion said:

My Amazon music shows

"And not disordered meaning"  as the last line?!?

These streaming services just grab lyrics from websites. The Amazon Music lyrics I'm getting are identical to those on Genius.com. That different people are seeing different lyrics would seem to bolster this.

• Like 1

The mix is definitely better on the released version vs the demo. Not perfect but better. Plus some of the crap strings have been removed in the pre-chorus. Can hear Slash more on the wah and it's panned across speakers and the rest of the string arrangement is clearer when required. Axl sounds better but it's clipping at times.

Why was Tommy removed from the writing credits is my question.

Edited by Route66

11 minutes ago, jimisbatman said:

How Does the vinyl version sound? 

Poor. It’s a thin sound given the limitations of 7” anyway, but seems to be an average pressing, then once you add the poor mixing / mastering etc to that it’s just a bit muddy overall. Then you look at the artwork and realise they cocked that up as well.

There is a very good song in there somewhere, but needed a different song structure, production, mixing and mastering.

It should have been a 12” 45rpm.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, jacdaniel said:

I’ve always thought that this forum is very pro Chinese era. Outside of forums, the opinion is much different. 

So if the new material is getting bad vibes on here then it will get torn to shreds outside of here if anyone is even bothered to listen to it. 

It is. There was a poll on which is the best GNR album, CD won!!!

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

In GNR social media, fans were universally positive on Perhaps, HS, and even Absurd, this got mostly negative ones. So I guess it is not just fans being too casual and too AFD-era cuz they hate General.

Definitely not Absurd. The reaction was very negative.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, El Guapo said:

The general public hates it, of course.

I just hope that this will be a wake up call for Slash and he either puts his foot down and confronts Axl/ Team Brazil or leaves again. Right now, he's Axl's little bitch and should be ashamed of himself and this release.

I know you know it better and you're acting like a little bitch just out of fun to provoke some people here. And I know it's your disappointment which led you do this and it's ok :lol: but c'mon... Slash recorded his parts for this years ago now and considering how he played it live he couldn't even remember what he fucking recorded in the studio. He won't go anywhere nor will he confront those little bitches from TB. He already played much worse CD songs on stage in front of massive crowds and he's still there. If that's the price for new music than let it be... if there's no new music coming anymore than we're already fucked. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1