THE GENERAL - MONSTERS - Official Discussion Thread. NO LINKS OR ASKING FOR LINKS

I was ready to hate the new video, but I actually like it! It looks cool rock4 I like the transitions between the AI graphics and live footage. The whole video matches the song pretty well.

It might look dated in a few years, when everyone will be doing these kind of videos, but now it looks fresh and pretty rad, actually. In my opinion, anyways. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

On 1/25/2024 at 8:31 AM, jekylhyde said:

I was ready to hate the new video, but I actually like it! It looks cool rock4 I like the transitions between the AI graphics and live footage. The whole video matches the song pretty well.

It might look dated in a few years, when everyone will be doing these kind of videos, but now it looks fresh and pretty rad, actually. In my opinion, anyways. 

For me don’t match well the final of the song. And there are a lot of figures in some moments. AI fits good when cartoons morphs in member bands. The video with less AI it’d be better

• Like 1

On 1/25/2024 at 1:31 AM, jekylhyde said:

Agreed, I don’t hate it. Cool video, mid song.

On 1/25/2024 at 8:31 AM, jekylhyde said:

It might look dated in a few years

it already looks dated for one good year by AI standards, that's the main problem.

to be fair, even if it's evolving quickly, AI videos technology is not there yet. 
at the moment Google Lumiere seems to get the best results, or by combining
Stable Diffusion Video with Midjourney and Topaz like creator Daniel Hashimoto.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Axl_morris said:

When are we getting monsters

no way to know when an officially released version of Monsters will happen (if it happens) 

I think it will get released. maybe at some point next time Gn'R is on tour.

8 hours ago, Axl_morris said:

When are we getting monsters

5 hours ago, Coma16 said:

Most of us already have it...

My question is: What other song would it be officially released with? Monsters is easily my favorite of the newer songs so I’m hoping it has a strong B side (or A side if Monsters is the B). 

7 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

I got my Perhaps CD from Amazon. Now it sits unopened in my second Locked N' Loaded cabinet alongside the Perhaps vinyl. As you can see, I enjoy spending gobs of money on Guns N' Roses.

You bought two Locked N Loaded boxes?! 

On 12/4/2023 at 7:29 PM, DannyVinyard said:

I think he left because Axl refused to promote/support the album. 

There was a rumour that GNR management stopped paying Robin and Tommy without Axls knowledge (in order to make the band split and reunite the classic lineup)

Robin had been offered the NIN 2008 tour and jumped ship, Tommy stayed.

Is this true i dont know. I heard it on a deleted episode of the Appetite For Distortion podcast.

6 hours ago, DTV88 said:

My question is: What other song would it be officially released with? Monsters is easily my favorite of the newer songs so I’m hoping it has a strong B side (or A side if Monsters is the B). 

Could bung it in as a B-Side with Atlas maybe? 

I can see it never coming out though. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DTV88 said:

Atlas would be the obvious answer, but with The General being released out of nowhere, it could really be anything.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Could bung it in as a B-Side with Atlas maybe? 

I can see it never coming out though. 

2 hours ago, Coma16 said:

Atlas would be the obvious answer, but with The General being released out of nowhere, it could really be anything.

Imagine if it was Berlin and Slash laid down an unforgettable solo!

Why oh why do I love a band that continually disappoints me? Is this what Stockholm Syndrome is like?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Coma16 said:

Atlas sería la respuesta obvia, pero con el lanzamiento de The General de la nada, realmente podría ser cualquier cosa.

A ep with:

Side g: 1.monster-2.oh my god-3.atlas

Side r: 4.zodiac-5.eye on U-6.state of grace

• Like 2

7 hours ago, allwaystired said:

You bought two Locked N Loaded boxes?! 

No. I bought one when it dropped to $399 (and also used a 10 percent off promo code). I complained to them that the original cabinet had parts that were coming unglued, so I asked about an exchange. They sent me an empty cabinet and didn’t want the original back. So I kept both, one for storing extra GNR memorabilia. It’s become even more unglued since (the top piece mostly, but I think I’d be able to glue it back).

• Like 1

I've been listening to my Japanese Perhaps CD in my vehicle. It gets awfully boring fast, more so than the previous single because they at least had two live songs with the two singles.

It would have been better with Monsters, but Monsters is actually a good song, so maybe they want to feature it as a lead single for a future release with Atlas or something.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

No. I bought one when it dropped to $399 (and also used a 10 percent off promo code). I complained to them that the original cabinet had parts that were coming unglued, so I asked about an exchange. They sent me an empty cabinet and didn’t want the original back. So I kept both, one for storing extra GNR memorabilia. It’s become even more unglued since (the top piece mostly, but I think I’d be able to glue it back).

Mine is coming undone a bit, too. They must have used cheap glue for the laminate. I'll glue it back, eventually. Probably in a few years :lol: ...or not

Overall, I prefer the UYI box I think!

53 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

I see. 

In that case I don't think you're totally mad for buying two copies of it. Just quite mad for buying one! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

I see. 

In that case I don't think you're totally mad for buying two copies of it. Just quite mad for buying one! 

Hey, at least he didn’t buy it on release date like some of us! There wasn’t anything in that box that was worth not waiting until it came down in price. Lesson learned. Even though the UYI box is much better with the live stuff IMO, I waited until there was a price drop this time.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, DTV88 said:

Hey, at least he didn’t buy it on release date like some of us! There wasn’t anything in that box that was worth not waiting until it came down in price. Lesson learned. Even though the UYI box is much better with the live stuff IMO, I waited until there was a price drop this time.

I still plan to get the Illusions box set. I have been waiting for the vinyl version to come down in price.

On Instagram, GNR posted concept art for "The General." The art is cool. The concept is cool. I just don't like the AI execution of the video.

• Like 1