Kat Benzova sues GNR/Fernando for copyright infringement and sexual harassment

4 hours ago, ©GnrPersia said:

So, you're thinking that just because the band members were pulling some wild stunts in their 20s back in the '80s, all GNR fans are supposed to have this touch of kink and abuse, and being cool with harassment in their personality, huh?

I disagree with that notion. Pretty sure you don't see it as one-sided either. Even Axl has changed dramatically. Does CD contain any lines such as "turn around bitch I got a use for you"?

To be fair that was Duff’s writing. But good point. 

On 12/31/2023 at 5:27 AM, ©GnrPersia said:

So, you're thinking that just because the band members were pulling some wild stunts in their 20s back in the '80s, all GNR fans are supposed to have this touch of kink and abuse, and being cool with harassment in their personality, huh?

I disagree with that notion. Pretty sure you don't see it as one-sided either. Even Axl has changed dramatically. Does CD contain any lines such as "turn around bitch I got a use for you"?

He still sings the songs live though, and gestures the lyrics. Plus .. Absurd?

I agree with your general sentiment though

2 hours ago, DoMw94 said:

And? He's basically playing a character. It's no different from hating an actor because they played a murderer on a TV show.

You only need to look at the band's off-stage personas to realise not only have they changed, but they're also very different characters off-stage compared to on it

Hahaha

On 12/31/2023 at 12:22 AM, DoMw94 said:

People here love to shit on Fernando/Team Brazil (speaking purely about band management here, nothing else), but just how involved in the important side of the business are they?

Guns N' Roses have been on Rod MacSween's roster for a long time, alongside other comparable 'legacy' acts (and Duff as a solo artist). I'd say he'd be more involved in meaningful decisions involving the band/business as a whole.

https://www.itb.co.uk/agent/rod-macsween

So what's the deal here? Who does what? How important are Team Brazil/Fernando etc?

He's a booking agent for events outside the USA. If you want to organize a concert and want GNR to play, you go through him. That's the extent of his importance. And then most likely it goes through Team Brazil as the direct artist representation (so Axl doesn't have to communicate himself) to confirm whether they want to do the event and whatever else they need from it. Though, logic dictates that word comes from Team Brazil first, that Axl/GNR is looking to embark on a tour and then the enquiries go through the booking agents.

Edited by PatrickS77

51 minutes ago, AtlasShrugged said:

Yeah but the character he is playing is himself. 

Anyway, he’s changed dramatically as 2021’s release “pussy full of maggots” shows 👌

But he wrote the lyrics in 2002 (?). ;)

2 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

He's a booking agent for events outside the USA. If you want to organize a concert and want GNR to play, you go through him. That's the extent of his importance. And then most likely it goes through Team Brazil as the direct artist representation (so Axl doesn't have to communicate himself) to confirm whether they want to do the event and whatever else they need from it. Though, logic dictates that word comes from Team Brazil first, that Axl/GNR is looking to embark on a tour and then the enquiries go through the booking agents.

Thanks!

17 minutes ago, AtlasShrugged said:

I honestly don't mind or get offended by anything he says or does but just don't think he's had this big road to Damascus moment

It is really hard to say. Does Axl still have a "hatred for women," as he stated in 1992? Or has he grown out of this, similarly to how his attitude to many other things have changed with age and as he has had more experiences in life? I don't think anyone of us can say for sure. I think he has matured on an intellectual level, but whether his primal nature has changed -- or even can change after what he experienced as a child -- I don't know. He can still act primitively, like when he attacked that paparazzi in 2009 or when he verbally, and scathingly, attached @madisonhere back in 2010, but that is when provoked, and even that may have been straightened out by now.

From what Axl said about the story of the "pussy full of maggots" line, it seems that Silkworms/Absurd was not even written about a woman, but he just put that line in it because of something he saw on the Howard Stern show.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I don't think any of them hate women, I feel like they have all matured past the gutter rats they were in their twenties. And I say all of them, I know Axl is always the one who has gotten called a misogynist (and with good reason with what when on back in the day) but I think its weird he's the only one who is ever accused of that. Duff has written some ugly lyrics about women (It's So Easy) and so has Izzy (Bad Obsession, You Could Be Mine) Slash made some weird comments about women and how amazed he was at how much abuse they would take. Axl, Steven and Slash all have domestic abuse allegations and charges against them, but its always Axl who still gets accused of it. I don't like some of the lyrics, but it is what it is. While I could personally do without some of the lyrics, I know if they did it would be disingenuous if they changed them now. And Absurd was something from a show, not even about anyone in particular. With the band's history in perspective I don't think its fair to only blame/accuse one person of misogyny, especially when they have all seemed to leave that behind (and I hope they have.)

But anyways, I hope the suit goes in Kat's favor and I still believe her about Fernando being a creep and not getting the pay she deserved. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BluegrassBlues said:

I don't think any of them hate women, I feel like they have all matured past the gutter rats they were in their twenties. And I say all of them, I know Axl is always the one who has gotten called a misogynist (and with good reason with what when on back in the day) but I think its weird he's the only one who is ever accused of that. Duff has written some ugly lyrics about women (It's So Easy) and so has Izzy (Bad Obsession, You Could Be Mine) Slash made some weird comments about women and how amazed he was at how much abuse they would take. Axl, Steven and Slash all have domestic abuse allegations and charges against them, but its always Axl who still gets accused of it. I don't like some of the lyrics, but it is what it is. While I could personally do without some of the lyrics, I know if they did it would be disingenuous if they changed them now. And Absurd was something from a show, not even about anyone in particular. With the band's history in perspective I don't think its fair to only blame/accuse one person of misogyny, especially when they have all seemed to leave that behind (and I hope they have.)

But anyways, I hope the suit goes in Kat's favor and I still believe her about Fernando being a creep and not getting the pay she deserved. 

Happy New Year to you :hug:

• Thanks 1

On 12/30/2023 at 6:24 AM, Sweersa said:

They are not like most drug dealers, it is a licensed, regulated business that serves both law enforcement and law abiding citizens. 

There's probably several near you that you are unware of, if you are in the US. I can't speak for other parts of the world, but there's black markets everywhere as well, which are of course inherently dangerous. 

And theres a reason the US is crime ridden and full of shootings every day. Psst the guns havent helped you.

• Like 1

On 12/31/2023 at 12:06 PM, Nintari said:

What's really amazing to me is how someone can be a fan of Axl Rose and be such a woke, politically correct, soft little bitch. Seriously. It's beyond me.

Whats funny is Axl Rose himself is quite woke, politically correct and yep soft these days.

But yeah thing is people are fans of the music not always the person.

Edited by vloors
  • Like 1

The Howard Stern thing is from some New Years Eve beauty pageant show he did. The winner was a stripper or something called Maggot Snatch. That's what they were calling her lol. I think she actually put maggots in her vagina to win. Howard Stern pay per view back in the early 90's. Someone should look Maggot Snatch let her know she's got a theme song now.

Edited by traddfolks
didn't like my wording
  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, traddfolks said:

The Howard Stern thing is from some New Years Eve beauty pageant show he did. The winner was a stripper or something called Maggot Snatch. That's what they were calling her lol. I think she actually put maggots in her vagina to win. Howard Stern pay per view back in the early 90's. Someone should look Maggot Snatch let her know she's got a theme song now.

dear god the length's some people will go to for fame.