Tough question. Should Axl have NOT fronted AC/DC? 🤔

19 minutes ago, downzy said:

Axl still sounded phenomenal on several GNR songs in 2016 and 2017.

Whether he fronted AC/DC or not really didn't matter with respect to criticizing some of his vocal performances in Guns.

In any event, I saw Axl give what is perhaps one of the greatest vocal performances I've ever seen in person when he performed with AC/DC in Philly. 

I would not trade it for less complaining with respect to his singing with Guns.

100% this 🫡

4 hours ago, Rovim said:

Perhaps had a good reception I thought. The AC/DC stint is one of Axl's greatest moments imo. No one else was worthy to tackle it in my view and then Axl nailed it and he had to cover both the Bon Scott era and the Brian era reminding people that he was still one of the most talented singers in the genre.

also, most people seem to like at least HS, Perhaps, and Monsters around the Gn'R forums it seems. 

Around the GnR forums yes. We are hardcore fans though. I was talking about the general sentiment. On all social media posts/articles .. The feedback on these songs is a lot more negative than positive 

13 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Funnily since we're all talking about this again, this just came up in my feed, posted an hour ago...

this channel is uses a lot of clickbait in their vids, sometimes they are spot on and sometimes its complete bs

30 minutes ago, kingcanyon said:

this channel is uses a lot of clickbait in their vids, sometimes they are spot on and sometimes its complete bs

10 yrs ago I would have said there's no chance of anything like this ever happening with AC/DC. Now I wouldn't be one bit surprised if a very short statement was released a week before the first date of any supposed tour "welcoming Axl back, thanks to Brian for all his work". I don't expect it, but it just wouldn't surprise me, I expect Brian to go out with AC/DC and struggle and then MAYBE there's a conversation about postponing or calling Axl.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, colonizedmind said:

Not just praised....it was like a full 180! Huge 5 Starr reviews and that he had not only saved Angus and co but realised a childhood dream and been reborn. 2016 will go down as one of the best if not best years to be a fan of Axl!

100% agree! 

1 hour ago, kingcanyon said:

Exactly....that's what I've found with them too....wonder if they're on here and listening to our discussion ....🤷

11 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Exactly....that's what I've found with them too....wonder if they're on here and listening to our discussion ....🤷

Probably. 'News' sites repost stuff from here and other forums, wouldn't surprise me if youtube channels do too.

I myself remember reading that Brian felt betrayed that Axl took his spot as lead singer for AC/DC and I was LIVID. I wrote on MYGNR Forum something like,"So,  Axl saved Brian's ass and instead of thanking Axl, he says he felt betrayed? Brian is an ungrateful bastard who needs to run right into a wall at full force for saying that. 🤬😡 MYGNR Forum Posters replied something like,"I know you're a Axl fan, but I'd feel betrayed in Brian's shoes too myself. It would be the equivalent of your wife cheating on you with your best friend. Also, I doubt Axl would be happy if say he got really sick  and say Mick Jagger replaced him as lead singer of Guns N'Roses. Besides, Axl didn't save BRIAN'S ass, he saved Angus's ass. Brian had NOTHING to do with the hiring of Axl as lead singer of AC/DC, Angus hired him without even consulting Brian. Can you now see why Brian feels betrayed?" 

1 hour ago, Axls_Moustache_Rules said:

I remember when I first reacted to this news I was like "This is really cool, I think I'm going to try and see them!" MYGNR forum posters responded like "Yes, this is cool, I think I will try to see them, too!"

What did the other GNR websites say?

21 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I didn't think I would ever say that (as I always liked long hair in guys), but I disagree. I think cutting his hair short was a good move (combined with the loss of weight in the last couple of years and recent wardrobe changes).

His long-ish hair had ended up being a mess most of the time. He looks much better now.

gettyimages-538225382.jpg

axl-rose-power-trip-2023-billboard-1548.

I think the weight loss makes him look better, but if his hair was long combined with the much better physique, he'd still be hot. Long hair is just better on all men. Let that be a lesson to you all!

27 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

I think the weight loss makes him look better, but if his hair was long combined with the much better physique, he'd still be hot. Long hair is just better on all men. Let that be a lesson to you all!

that covers all men, but what hairstyle is ideal to all women? my first guess is bald.

13 hours ago, Axls_Moustache_Rules said:

I remember when I first reacted to this news I was like "This is really cool, I think I'm going to try and see them!" MYGNR forum posters responded like "Yes, this is cool, I think I will try to see them, too!"

You're now a mimicat....:lol:

For many reasons it was the right call, as mentioned by others before. Getting back on top of the rock n roll universe cementing his GOAT frontman status. For us fans and especially those who got to see it live, and for me watching countless YouTube videos its the bomb. It was everyone's dream to ever hear him sing with maximum rasp again, the thing we love most about his voice.