Who listens the 7 full songs as a CD II album?

I am preparing for a CD II full album or Ep release, end of 2024🥳🤞

My CD2 playlist

1. Hardskool

2. Perhaps

3. The General

4. Monsters

5. State of Grace

6. Atlas Shrugged 

7. Absurd 

How do you feel & think of them playing them together as a playlist?

• Like 2

I have an NITL playlist on my phone with the 5 “new” songs. I’d be happy to add Atlas and anything else as long as it has Slash on it. 
On the other hand, I also have a Village and other leaks playlist that includes all the songs with vocals followed by the instrumentals. Going Down, Atlas, Oklahoma and Perhaps are easily my most played from this one. Hardschool was also in high rotation until they released the official version. 

• Like 2

My 'Chinese Leftovers' playlist is:

Atlas Shrugged

Oh My God

Perhaps

Hardschool

Silkworms

Going Down

State of Grace

Eye On You

The General

Monsters

I kept the demo/leaked versions of most of Absurd and Hardschool just to keep the playlist consistent, but I prefer the released ones. I don't consider Oh My God a 'Chinese Leftover' either but it takes the playlist of finished songs to 10 🤷‍♂️

Tonto doesn’t get enough love around here for its completedness. I feel like that one could’ve had vocals done in the 2004/Soul Monster era considering the level it was brought to instrumentally.

• Like 3

Nope. The state of grace leak is dreadful, the chorus is so mumbled & sounds shocking...don't listen to it as its so bad, the finished track will hopefully be clearer ,whenever we get that 

7 hours ago, dally said:

Been out of the looop for a while, but how/where do you find monsters?:question: If im allowed to ask?

Very easy to find....you could 'soulseek' to find it 

It's been out there over 2 months 

• ABSUЯD 1

i dont listen to absurd because its utter shite

i dont listen to hardskool because i dont like the slash guitar work, i  prefer the leak

i dont listen to atlas because it bores me and isnt very good

i dont list to going down because i dont lol

the rest i put on sometimes, o my god is probably my fav out of those

Edited by scottish nutter

3 hours ago, DSTK said:

Nope. The state of grace leak is dreadful, the chorus is so mumbled & sounds shocking...don't listen to it as its so bad, the finished track will hopefully be clearer ,whenever we get that 

Agreed...but we need to remember these came from a CD-R of rough in-mix ideas and sound collages, for an A&R man to be kept in the loop...

I'm facinated the feedback Tom and the others gave Axl upon listening throughout the years and even more facinated by what they really thought...

Edited by colonizedmind

The only CD leftover I often listen to is Going Down. 

I listened to Perhaps a lot when it came out, but not so much anymore.

When The General and Monsters leaked, I listened to both quite a bjt, especially Monsters.

Never liked Hard Skool, be it the leaked version or the Duff/Slash version.

And I think Absurd is probably the worst GNR song ever. 

• Like 1

This would be a pretty bad record. Double so for a long-awaited "comeback" album. Two good songs - Monsters and HS - and the rest pretty mediocre, at least for GN'R. I hope they have more up their sleeves. 

Edit: I’m not saying e.g. Atlas Shrugged or State of Grace are bad songs, but the band basically catered to the casuals for 7 years in a row, and if they want to intrigue them with their new music, they cannot release an album sounding like CD2 (with Slash on it). That would be a huge flop. 
(And please spare me of the "there’s no point in releasing albums any more anyway" nonsense. Other bands normally do it.)

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Cosmo said:

The only CD leftover I often listen to is Going Down. 

I listened to Perhaps a lot when it came out, but not so much anymore.

When The General and Monsters leaked, I listened to both quite a bjt, especially Monsters.

Never liked Hard Skool, be it the leaked version or the Duff/Slash version.

And I think Absurd is probably the worst GNR song ever. 

Absurd is one of the best songs live

58 minutes ago, MYWIFEMYLIFE said:

is there a cd quality version of atlas and state???

Atlas yes, the drums up version , state of grace ....no, the chorus is abysmal on every version 

I made a playlist on my phone of all the officially-released “new” songs we’ve gotten since the reunion (which I’ll keep adding to as more new shit comes out). I’m defining “new” as stuff that wasn’t on an album before, but has been officially-released now:

1.Hard Skool

2.Absurd

3.Perhaps

4.The General

5.Shadow of Your Love

6.Jumpin’ Jack Flash (Acoustic)

7.New Work Tune

8.Aint Goin’ Down (Instrumental)

9.The Plague

10.Heartbreak Hotel

11.Whole Lotta Rosie

12.Always on the Run

13.Wild Horses

14.Drum Solo

15.Slash Solo

16.Speak Softly Love

17.Sail Away Sweet Sister

18.Train Kept A-Rollin’

On 1/7/2024 at 12:11 AM, GNROSAS said:

I am preparing for a CD II full album or Ep release, end of 2024🥳🤞

My CD2 playlist

1. Hardskool

2. Perhaps

3. The General

4. Monsters

5. State of Grace

6. Atlas Shrugged 

7. Absurd 

How do you feel & think of them playing them together as a playlist?

It's a think that really bothers me about the dripfeed of songs. I like having a larger body of work (an album) to play for a while rather than stuff I need to put on playlists. Currently that's ABSURD / Hardschool (or Hard Skool, if you're retarded) / Perhaps / The General. And we might as well add Monsters. Putting the rest into that doesn't make sense since they're done by an entirely different band. I don't tend to mix CD-era with reunion-era. 

As for what's next... Well Monsters isn't actually out yet and Atlas is pretty much something you'd expect since it's been finished 10 times over. But honestly other than that we just don't know what's there. It might be State Of Grace, but it might also be something unheard entirely like Seven. Or something we've never even heard of. Either way, at this pace of releasing things it'll just be frustrating all over again. We'll see what happens. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I'm not even sure if I would expect any of these officially released half-baked Chinese leftovers to make it onto the next album. I could see stuff not officially released being paired up with actual new material, but who knows. I doubt they are going to scrap what they haven't touched up with NITL. Stuff like Zodiac 13, Quick Song, Atlas, etc. though decades old, is too good to leave unreleased forever. 

So far I've got a "Chinese Supremacy" best-of playlist:

1. ChiDem (album version)

2. Shackler's (album version)

3. Better (album version)

4. Catcher (mix of the album version where it's just vocals and additional instruments before the BBF solo so it sounds less "busy", thanks @evader 👍🏼)

5. Eye On You (Village leak)

6. TWAT (album version)

7. Atlas (New Brain drums)

8. ABSURD (official release)

9. Perhaps (Village leak)

10. Hard Skool 1.5 (official release with Josh drums, both solos layered over each other, and no school bell, thanks @cosmicblues 👍🏼)

11. Sorry (album version)

12. Madagascar (album version)

13. TIL (album version)

14. Prostitute (album version)

Comes to 73 minutes so it could still fit on a CD as well. If we ever get the Bucket/Finck version of Monsters in full then that could squeeze in there on an 80 minute CD, would probably slot it in between Maddy and TIL.

• Like 1