The General Music Video Discussion Thread

4 hours ago, Gunner Gilby said:

I really wanted like it but it's shit. It doesn't help that I prefer Monsters as a song. Personally I would've preferred a video for Monsters similar to Perhaps.

On the up side, at least they got the half-assed AI video out of their system with The General and maybe now Monsters can get something better for a video.

• PERHAPS 1

2 hours ago, BucketEgg said:

why are all the comments for the reddit discussion deleted?

https://old.reddit.com/r/GunsNRoses/comments/19elxty/guns_n_roses_the_general_official_music_video/

the reddit moderators are weird

I posted "this is horrible" like half an hour ago and they deleted it. Do they wanna live in a bubble where the only thing they get is acceptance?

3 hours ago, DingBat said:

Yeah, there are complaints on here about the video, but no one has said they don't like it because it isn't some "big-budget production with the band acting in it", you've just made that up.

Maybe don't take things so literally. If we were having this conversation face-to-face, you'd know what I was inferring. People are saying that they want more. What is more? Bigger budget, more 'effort', that, basically.

There are multiple comments saying it's "lazy" or there's a lack of "effort", the band is "too lazy to make videos", "known for great videos...not even trying", and there is one saying they could all film something together in "a studio" – the comments of people expecting more are on every single page.

As for the views, it's YouTube – are people watching those (talking of other artists, not GN'R), or are they using the videos to listen to the song? Casting to their TV or speakers in their homes? It's a bit of a grey area that nobody can verify. It does happen.

You seem awfully angry with me 😂 It's only a music video, I haven't hurt you, I'm not worth you getting so wound up

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

8 minutes ago, traddfolks said:

Slash playing Don't Damn Me is far more special than this turd. What is with this band and the cartoons? The stage videos are the worst. Always a fucking cartoon. Who is in charge of this shit?

Yeah that was cool. Still waiting for them to put the whole song up.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, traddfolks said:

Slash playing Don't Damn Me is far more special than this turd. What is with this band and the cartoons? The stage videos are the worst. Always a fucking cartoon. Who is in charge of this shit?

Added kicker that Bad Apples and Perfect Crime were listed as alternates on the setlist. To think we'll see those potentially someday soon. And Todd's handling those vocals. I love Todd. 

39 minutes ago, Underhardy said:

Reddit mods 100% have TB ties. Just like Jarmo in the old days. They protect the band/Axl by censoring half the sub

The reddit mods are literally their PR team :lol: they've been censoring all criticism for a while now. https://www.thesyn.com/

Can we even be sure Axl's love for Taco Bell is "confirmed"?

image.png.e2885afdd32adf3e72531d63329302b1.png

Edited by Gordon Comstock
  • Like 1

I still can't get over the fucking "wall leg"
I'm still struggling with comprehending it.

This is what happens folks when you tell AI to convert the mp3 file of My World to an MP4 video.

Edited by Skamos66

4 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Don't torture yourself! XD

I watched this once and will never do again.

I was trying to find something controversial in the words, the only video that should be taken down.
But yeah, in the end it is just sad, and honestly the fans picking apart every frame, they got what they fucking had coming releasing a damn AI generated video
im not getting torn up about it though, its done and over with.

Edited by Skamos66

On the upside, it cemented that the song's still growing on me and having been very meh when it first dropped I'm thoroughly enjoying it now. Love Slash's shreddy solo at the end. Plus, I'm finding the chorus a surprising earworm. 

However, in terms of the video, yeah it's not too great. I'm finding the band's aesthetic these days in terms of art and logos (see also Hard Skool) is the sort of thing I'd have found cool when I was 12/13 in the 2000s but it seems super dated now. That being said, I did like that it was something other than a live compilation video and it was fun to see all the band members in it. 

Wasn't expecting any GN'R activity whatsoever in 2024 so it's nice that there's still some limited activity. What it really hammered home though was how god-awful the mix is. The vocal track sounds pretty rough especially. Still, as has been said, hoping that some decent memes come out of this :lol: 

Edited by Seb91
  • GNFNR 1

15 minutes ago, bumcheecksmcghee said:

Garbage... next...

(Monsters an SOG please) 

My take is Monsters + Atlas would be better. Plus, if you want State of Grace, that would mean Axl actually having to go and record something new in the studio (unless there are versions with other vocals we haven't heard). Which he surely hasn't done for the demos they've released so far. 

1 minute ago, jamillos said:

My take is Monsters + Atlas would be better. Plus, if you want State of Grace, that would mean Axl actually having to go and record something new in the studio (unless there are versions with other vocals we haven't heard). Which he surely hasn't done for the demos they've released so far. 

Except that Perhaps has different vocals at the end.

I am QUITE sure there is a version of State of Grace with vocals of higher production value.

9 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Except that Perhaps has different vocals at the end.

I am QUITE sure there is a version of State of Grace with vocals of higher production value.

Yeah, I don't even count that. 

That would be awesome (although less work for Axl once again... Is that good? Idk) 

2 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Yeah, I don't even count that. 

That would be awesome (although less work for Axl once again... Is that good? Idk) 

As long as the vocals are good, then I prefer they stick to whatever they have than re-record. I get that re-recording will make it represent his current voice and might make it easier to make it fit with Slash's guitar, or whatever, but then it could also potentially result in nothing being done, so.... And the vocals to State of Grace are phenomenal, at least the version in the Locker leaks.

• Haha 1