The General Music Video Discussion Thread

Well we've breached 1 million views and about 2mil between the various General videos. For a total of around 8 million views of new GNR material in 2023/24...

Hopefully the reheated Chinese peaks with the next batch, Monsters and Atlas would go down nicely after the first 4 courses...

Or maybe Axl has another surprise for us...

1 hour ago, colonizedmind said:

Well we've breached 1 million views and about 2mil between the various General videos. For a total of around 8 million views of new GNR material in 2023/24...

Hopefully the reheated Chinese peaks with the next batch, Monsters and Atlas would go down nicely after the first 4 courses...

Or maybe Axl has another surprise for us...

Forget Atlas…

Monsters and Zodiac/Oklahoma/Tonto would be killer

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Forget Atlas…

Monsters and Zodiac/Oklahoma/Tonto would be killer

I don’t know about Zodiac or Tonto but Oklahoma sounds pretty cool. Atlas instead is forgettable in its demo version. I hope it’s not among the songs they worked on.

Edited by Free Bird

8 hours ago, Free Bird said:

I don’t know about Zodiac or Tonto but Oklahoma sounds pretty cool. Atlas instead is forgettable in its demo version. I hope it’s not among the songs they worked on.

Fair...

But I do think there's a decent chance that Atlas in final form, as in, the one that almost made Chinese would/will sound quite a bit different to 2000 version we've heard! 

5 hours ago, colonizedmind said:

Fair...

But I do think there's a decent chance that Atlas in final form, as in, the one that almost made Chinese would/will sound quite a bit different to 2000 version we've heard! 

History tells us it will sound exactly the same in 2024 as 1999. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JimiRose said:

History tells us it will sound exactly the same in 2024 as 1999. 

Instrumentally I meant...if you take Chinese 2008 final versions there's lots of differences between all the early versions we have, hence large debate and those that far prefer earlier versions, etc....

There is lot of change/adds...

While a lot of the locker leaks are close to reunion releases....I believe songs that made or almost made Chinese, like Atlas are different, as he continued to work and to tinker on those kinda tracks a lot more as 2008 crept up....the aforementioned earlier tracks, not so much...

Edited by colonizedmind
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, colonizedmind said:

Instrumentally I meant...if you take Chinese 2008 final versions there's lots of differences between all the early versions we have, hence large debate and those that far prefer earlier versions, etc....

There is lot of change/adds...

While a lot of the locker leaks are close to reunion releases....I believe songs that made or almost made Chinese, like Atlas are different, as he continued to work and to tinker on those kinda tracks a lot more as 2008 crept up....the aforementioned earlier tracks, not so much...

Fair enough - the vocals won't change!

7 hours ago, JimiRose said:

Fair enough - the vocals won't change!

That's ok...because we've burned through most of the tracks we've got vocals for....now we're ready for some that we've never heard (like The General and Monsters, they're out there and we will be surprised again), so it won't matter when it was recorded....fresh to us.

I'm looking at Berlin, etc.

1 hour ago, gibbinson said:

I can't the only one who wants completed version of Quick Song? The instrumental/ demo has so much potential! Great rift! 

Amazing song when you get over the Nirvana similarities. And Bucket's solos are immense. I keep listening to them over and over.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DeNfr said:

I'm sure you love Move To The City too :bitchfight:

I most certainly do :lol: the only songs I hate are OIAM, Shotgun Blues, My World and So Fine (sorry Duff). If we're counting ChiDem, ITW and Scraped get skipped 

Edited by BluegrassBlues
  • Like 1
  • ABSUЯD 1