04/23/2016 - Coachella

RussTCB

Are they still using the orchestra backing track sections for This I love at all these shows so far ? Like the part during the guitar solo where the drums fully kick in, that was always an intense part of the song to me with that orchestration. Listening to some of the videos it's kind of hard to tell if it's still there, or if the guitar volume mix is just so high it's hard to hear it.

I feel like on Better, Slash probably finds that song a little too clean and pop-ish for his taste... so in his playing as you watch he's throwing in all sorts of gnarly and janky bends and note choices... just filthing up the song. 

I love it.

Edited by Ant
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, iftheworld said:

I'm sorry. It's my opinion. I realize the man has passed but it's how i feel. Just because he's passed doesn't mean I'm going to take my opinion about his work. I do respect him as a man.

I'm sorry. It's my opinion. I realize the man has passed but it's how i feel. Just because he's passed doesn't mean I'm going to take my opinion about his work. I do respect him as a man.

I'm not saying that you should change your opinion on his music, but the man just passed. I think people would appreciate it more if you would wait a while before criticizing his music. 

On 4/23/2016 at 0:27 PM, -W.A.R- said:

i hope its Izzy

"so Izzy couldn't be here....Aint That A Bitch?

*riff kicks in*

Izzy appears on a stage under a cloud of smoke 

(yeah im super bored if you can't tell)

WTF? That song is horrible. 

Edited by JohnnyGtar

ok we got two problems with Paradise City at the moment 

1. Axl should not be allowed to sing over one of the most iconic guitar introductions ever. The part right before the whistle. 

from 1:03 to 1:21 it should sound exactly like this with no vocals covering it up! 

If you still have no idea what I'm talking about its the part in this video from :42 to 1:00

so solution...Axl needs to sit there listen to Slash and blow the whistle on time with the pyros!

problem 2: it's been well documented but tempo is awful on PC...it's way sped up. But this is completely 100% Slash's fault. He said in a 2014 interview with Howard Stern, who was playing his iconic riffs from GNR that it's shocking to hear Paradise City played from the album because they play it so much faster than that. He laughed and said it sounds like it's in slow motion. Well no Slash that's just the proper tempo you should know! 

So anyways Axl needs to save his voice for when he's just urchin livin under the street and Slash needs to slow it down so we can all enjoy Paradise City...it sounds like the F'n mocarena right now! 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

Would be fun to know just what does Axl think when he sings these love songs about his ex. Does he think "fucking Stepahien.." or "I still miss you Steph!" or anything like that? Or is it just making sure he keeps track of the lyrics. Also, what does he think when he watches Slash paly those solos? Will we ever know? Probably not.

Edited by weaponsnflowers
typo

That was the absolute best TIL I've heard. You can actually see Axl focus in on Slash during the solo and he's going "yea that solo was meant for you to play". 

Indeed (3:14 ->3:49). Another funny part is that how Axl seems to look at Richard like "did you see that?" (3.30 - 3.35) and Richard replys back "Yeah!" :) 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, MrSoftie said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Coachella/comments/4g8sbf/guns_n_roses/

Yet another load of positive comments on GNR from the regular Coachella goers. Really nice to see.

I like the comment that said GNR were the sleeper act of the year...I get what he's saying, but cmon it's guns n roses you should expect them to be excellent live. 

I hope the person that said that is right though in that this tour gains notoriety for being  one of the best tours this year and hopefully they get honored for it at some point. We'll see how it goes

This band lineup tear the fuck out of Chinese Democracy.  It's the best that the song has sounded musically since the early performances of it with the Bucket lineup.  It's meant to sound mean and gnarly, not polished like the 2010-14 band performed it.

25 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

I like the comment that said GNR were the sleeper act of the year...I get what he's saying, but cmon it's guns n roses you should expect them to be excellent live. 

I hope the person that said that is right though in that this tour gains notoriety for being  one of the best tours this year and hopefully they get honored for it at some point. We'll see how it goes

What does he mean with sleeper act?

Edited by Free Bird

Been away all weekend so just catching up on the vids. 

The Chinese Democracy performance was stellar, Axl is really growing in confidence and it shows, the Slash outro was killer. Not watched anymore so far but it seems like earlier nerves are settling and they are really finding their groove.

• Like 1

Great to have more soundboard quality audio from this tour (even though the video is 360), I hope we'll get a full gig in SBD quality sooner or later! :) From those SBD clips you can hear Melissa's backing vocals quite nicely, I think they are nice addition to songs like KOHD.

Edited by Judezki

9 hours ago, thunderram said:

Good read. However, I think the writer might have one part of the story a bit mixed up. It confuses me, at least.

She claims that her parents didn't arrive in time to catch GN'R in a 1992 show at the Coliseum, but did manage to see Metallica. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm fairly certain that GN'R closed all of those shows with Metallica. They never went on first.

Even if there were a few instances when they did, she later mentions driving north to the " Winchester Mystery House" -- which is in Northern CA -- so I naturally assume she was referring to the show at the Oakland Coliseum in September 1992. I attended that show and know for certain that Metallica went on first (and after Body Count). So I'm not sure how they could have missed Guns unless they left early rather than arriving too late.

Not a big deal with regard to the point of her story, but something trivial I noticed since I went to that show.

True the story don't seem all that correct.

3 hours ago, Hellow said:

Indeed (3:14 ->3:49). Another funny part is that how Axl seems to look at Richard like "did you see that?" (3.30 - 3.35) and Richard replys back "Yeah!" :) 

Shame the solo's a total mess with no discernible melody whatsoever...

• Like 1