07/03/16 - Chicago, IL - Solider Field

RussTCB

8 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

This is a setlist from one of the shows.....looks like Patience isn't even a alt. really....almost as if it's part of the main setlist and they should be putting it in every other night or lead into it, idk.....but apparently they're not.

http://gnrtruth.proboards.com/attachment/download/1465

Can't see the picture. Can you please fix it?

2 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

And luckily, this forum gives us the freedom to voice that maybe some people can have unrealistic expectations because of things such as Periscope and would be happier just enjoying the music instead of worrying about a list of songs at a show they aren't at

We are not here to discuss the fans behavior, we are here to discuss the band we love.

Just now, scooby845 said:

But how do you get it as a fan? how did you get it?

i didn't get one. i just steal images from different GNR fan outlets. These pictures are usually posted by GNR Latin America on twitter. They never cite who they take the pictures from, but they are usually the first ones with news on show days. If i had too assume, they probably found the whole GNR crew on social media and take those pictures :lol:

6 minutes ago, Nosaj Thing said:

And luckily, this forum gives them the freedom to voice their genuine opinion even if it's negative. :)

Just like GN'R setlist, the negative voices are somewhat predictable LOL. 

*thank god everyone's in good mood and joking around

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

i didn't get one. i just steal images from different GNR fan outlets. These pictures are usually posted by GNR Latin America on twitter. They never cite who they take the pictures from, but they are usually the first ones with news on show days. If i had too assume, they probably found the whole GNR crew on social media and take those pictures :lol:

Thank you Keyser for all your hard work so that our lazy asses get to enjoy these awesome pics :thumbsup:

If Slither is played I am curious as to how Axl will sound on his.  I can easily imagine him doing something akin to CD where he uses the low voice for the verses and the high voice for the chorus and high notes

30 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Remember 2006 and 2010, when Axl wouldn't sing Don't Cry, Civil War or Estranged? Let alone attempt Coma...

The setlist we have now is the best it's ever been for 23 years :/ 

Are you serious? In 2006 and 2010 we were getting 6-7 new songs performed.

In 2016, the setlist is stale and boring and has been for a good five years. I for one won't pay to see another GNR show until they do another record. There's only so many times I can watch the same setlist before I start to lose interest.

Edited by Towelie

7 minutes ago, Towelie said:

In 2016, the setlist is stale and boring and has been for a good five years. I for one won't pay to see another GNR show until they do another record. There's only so many times I can watch the same setlist before I start to lose interest.

I must have missed the times that "Coma" and "Double Talkin' Jive" were performed from 2011-2014.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Same setlist?  We are less than 10 shows in and there are quite a few different songs being played compared to pre-2016 setlists.

Plus not to mention this is the first time hearing Slash and Duff and Axl play together in GNR in over 20 years, the classics are to be expected and a consistent setlist is to be expected with a big arena rock production

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, The Real McCoy said:

I must have missed the times that "Coma" and "Double Talkin' Jive" were performed from 2011-2014.

Yeah, those were two nice additions, but still, it's only two songs amongst a setlist that has been played to death. It certainly isn't enough to make me want to see them again.

5 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Yeah, those were two nice additions, but still, it's only two songs amongst a setlist that has been played to death. It certainly isn't enough to make me want to see them again.

What are they supposed to play when the majority are paying to hear the hits? You can't have a Guns show without Jungle, Sweet Child, Paradise City, November Rain ect. What would be your setlist?

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Yes, if they left out Don't Cry/Patience, Estranged, Civil War, DTJ and Coma now i wouldn't want to go again, so it works both ways. I won't be bored with 2016 setlist at all. 

2 hours ago, moreblack said:

Calling in now, Slither will never happen on this tour.

I have a feeling that we will get this song on Slash`s Birthday. I dont understand all this talk about playing that song as a tribute to Scott.

8 minutes ago, ironmt said:

What are they supposed to play when the majority are paying to hear the hits? You can't have a Guns show without Jungle, Sweet Child, Paradise City, November Rain ect. What would be your setlist?

I have no problem with Guns playing the hits. But most bands record new music as well. As a longtime fan, I've seen Jungle and Nov Rain enough for this lifetime. I will only see them again once they've released a new record and start playing new songs again.

Just now, Towelie said:

I have no problem with Guns playing the hits. But most bands record new music as well. As a longtime fan, I've seen Jungle and Nov Rain enough for this lifetime. I will only see them again once they've released a new record and start playing new songs again.

The problem Is that there Is really no Incentive to release new music and they are playing to 30-60,000 people a night without anything new. A bands money Is made on the road. What would be the point In spending money to record an album to have people steal It on the Internet? I am not criticizing your opinion I am just saying that there Is a flip side also.

9 minutes ago, blackrose87 said:

The bitching and moaning here is hilarious.

Seriously 4 shows into a tour with a reunited Slash/Axl/Duff and people bitch about the setlist which includes Coma DTJ. 

Please pick up some kind of hobby if the setlist is bothering you so much.

I am out of likes but I totally agree with your sentiment

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, blackrose87 said:

The bitching and moaning here is hilarious.

Seriously 4 shows into a tour with a reunited Slash/Axl/Duff and people bitch about the setlist which includes Coma DTJ. 

Please pick up some kind of hobby if the setlist is bothering you so much.

#troof 

I bet the people at the actual shows aren't complaining. You have to remember that most of the people who go to see them, aren't hanging around in MyGnR-forum all day everyday for 10 years :D

I think the setlist is pretty darn sweet! Just throw Slither in there and it would be a perfect setlist, considering they have just re-grouped and they are not going to forget ChiDem-era.

Edited by jekylhyde
  • Like 1