Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

3 hours ago, swishtz said:

And what's wrong with that, a soccer manager makes the same reference as do the fans. As the manager of the band he's as much a part of it as anyone else as well as crew to say 'our' , stop mischief making

I find this enough narcissist ,in general importants managers are more low profil.

3 hours ago, Scream of the Butterfly said:

At least he didn't say "my show" like he's previously said "my band".

Yes, i remember this ,he don't down his little horse..:lol:

3 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

You're a mischief maker! :lol:

I'm be this❓:anger::lol:

9 hours ago, swishtz said:

And what's wrong with that, a soccer manager makes the same reference as do the fans. As the manager of the band he's as much a part of it as anyone else as well as crew to say 'our' , stop mischief making

You did't really compare football manager with Fernando, did you?

FM really does participate in every match... He cannot watch F1 race during it...

2 hours ago, -Jaro- said:

You did't really compare football manager with Fernando, did you?

FM really does participate in every match... He cannot watch F1 race during it...

ok geniuses on here- what exactly should he say, this entire debate is retarded, over analysing a word like this. Seriously ..

And he wasn't watching F1 during the gig, what exactly should he do, lock himself away? Pathetic, we have the reunion and you're all still moaning, get your facts straight and stop twisting things around to suit your little trivial agenda

Edited by swishtz
Moron clarification
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, swishtz said:

ok geniuses on here- what exactly should he say, this entire debate is retarded, over analysing a word like this. Seriously ..

And he wasn't watching F1 during the gig, what exactly should he do, lock himself away? Pathetic, we have the reunion and you're all still moaning, get your facts straight and stop twisting things around to suit your little trivial agenda

this

7 minutes ago, GoForJMark said:

this

So you work for a company, it has a Christmas party, do you say i am going to 'our' Christmas party ? Or is that reserved for the owners only

The real issue here is a bunch of you are jealous that this 30 something kid with no experience really has somehow via nepotism gotten himself to be manager of a band you love and it pisses you all off, especially as you see him lording it up and living the high life. Well somehow this management team, whether you like it or not has managed to get this band almost back together which none of the others did , with quite a stable ship. These are the facts so suck 'em up

Dotards

Edited by swishtz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, swishtz said:

this what, this implies detachment. So you work for a company, it has a Christmas party, do you say i am going to 'our' Christmas party ? Or is that reserved for the owners only

Dotards

Dude chill I'm on your side lol

what you said is what exactly I had in mind, hence this

but yeah, people just love to moan here sometimes. 

Axl taking over GNR Facebook? :wub: Hope he'll be well again soon!

Wanna thank All the fans, the band n’ every1 4 their concern n’ well wishes!🙏🏼 In Johannesburg w/plenty of time 2 b ready 4 the show!👍🏼This flu or whatever is a wild ride! Comes in waves. Ur ok till ur not!🤢Felt lame explainin’ myself earlier on at the gig but really didn’t know how things would play out n’ we really wanted to do r best 4 the fans. Was a GREAT crowd, awesome venue, cool stage (w/a gentle breeze in the desert!😎) Thanks again n’ hope any1’s not 2 disappointed n’ we look 4ward 2 see every1 again in the UAE!!🇦🇪🎙🎛🎚💥🎉

Edited by Lio
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, swishtz said:

So you work for a company, it has a Christmas party, do you say i am going to 'our' Christmas party ? Or is that reserved for the owners only

The real issue here is a bunch of you are jealous that this 30 something kid with no experience really has somehow via nepotism gotten himself to be manager of a band you love and it pisses you all off, especially as you see him lording it up and living the high life. Well somehow this management team, whether you like it or not has managed to get this band almost back together which none of the others did , with quite a stable ship. These are the facts so suck 'em up

Dotards

I wouldnt give TB that much credit. It was axl alone that specifically asked  nando for slashs number. Guns were on the verge of coming close to playing in theatres. It was time to bury the hatchet and i believed axl reached out to slash after duff had conversations with axl about the past in a way so axl could see why certain things were done from slashs eyes. It was duff that was planted the seed to what we have now and axl asking slash to his place for dinner when slash finished touring WOF.

And by the way im on your side. I do give TB some props by keeping this tour together.

36 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

I wouldnt give TB that much credit. It was axl alone that specifically asked  nando for slashs number. Guns were on the verge of coming close to playing in theatres. It was time to bury the hatchet and i believed axl reached out to slash after duff had conversations with axl about the past in a way so axl could see why certain things were done from slashs eyes. It was duff that was planted the seed to what we have now and axl asking slash to his place for dinner when slash finished touring WOF.

And by the way im on your side. I do give TB some props by keeping this tour together.

The TB management keeps Axl steady, without it it would definitely de rail. I am sure that the 20+ years of living and supporting him has not been easy, therefore these constant attacks are unjust on the whole. Are they music management geniuses, of course not, are they able to better manage Axl than anyone before and keep things calm, absolutely. Without it we would not be where we are today. So yeah he mucks about with merch and stuff like that, so what, at least he's trying to do things, and bar one or two items it's on the whole not bad.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, swishtz said:

Dotards

You don't make Fernando a favour, if you say that Fernando "has somehow via nepotism"...

52 minutes ago, soon said:

Axl credits Paul Tollett with getting reunion in motion, in first 30 seconds of this Globo interview:

Also, Live Nation run a pretty tight and standardized ship these days. Management just needs to follow certain perimeters. Many people place weight on Duffs role going back to 2010, as a mediator.

What TBs job was, was to get the afd lineup together and they failed at that. New album? Not yet. We get shitty pics from Kat. We get shit "welcome to the pumpkin patch" merch. GNAir :lol:. And a wonky box set with retooled drums on the "New" single.

Axl has clearly been focoused on his mental health. He alone can be credited for the peace he seems to have found.

I cant think of anything beyond the well received Lithos that TB has handled well on their own?

The lithos are not TB. They manage the 'asset' that is Axl. But I do agree

1 hour ago, swishtz said:

The lithos are not TB. They manage the 'asset' that is Axl. But I do agree

Oh you're right, a division of Universal Music Group handles the Lithos (says litho artist Arian Buhler in ep 82 of the afd show). Good catch.

So, not to belabor the point, but honestly I guess I cant think of anything TB handles then, other than garish merch and hotel bookings.

Maybe flying in Arni's Pizza is all TB? Or meeting Axls hatter/millinery needs... unless Jimmy Webb handles that?

They certainly know how to track down a young, blonde, female, Podiatrist in short order! Credit where credits due :lol:

Edited by soon
  • Haha 1