Guns N Roses Live at the Ritz 87 leaked(complete)!!!

41 minutes ago, Almost Famous said:

Well. Guess my yearly visit comes today. 😈✌️

Let’s see. Where to start. The first four and a half songs are not on the tape. Whatcha see is whatcha get.

The backstory; I bought a lot of promo VHS tapes on eBay, two maybe three years ago now. I just assumed the Ritz tape in the lot was the ‘88 show. It sat around my house for a year, year and a half, something like that before I decided to hook up the VCR and watch it. When it came on through that part of Jungle I knew instantly what I had just purchased was a diamond. 

I did a shitty and quick transfer to digitalize the tape and then created the Teaser I posted on youtube. I was contacted by gnrontour, and he expressed interest in doing the transfer. Being a huge fan of the jm78/gnrontour Bootleg releases and what he has done for the Bootleg community over the years, I was immediately on board and willing to send the tape out to him for transferring.

We decided to release it on the 30th Anniversary of the show, simply because of the anniversary. That is partly why I/we sat on it. The other reason was to garner interest from other traders...

I didn’t get anything for the show, no ChiDemos, no VMA Rehearsals, nothing like that at all. Only stating this because I see inquiring minds wondering in this thread. 

Lmao. Can ya roll me a couple joints? Sounds like you’ve got some good smoke. The first songs simply do not exist. Whatcha see is whatcha get. 

They probably exist somewhere in Geffen's offices or Axl's vault but not on your tape!
Amazing that you shared this with us for free, VERY AWESOME of you ! 
Shame nobody offered you any exchanges, that surprises me...:( 
There's definitely stuff out there...
This would be more than worth a trade for those Chinese alt/ unreleased tracks
hope we see more stuff soon from others and this encourages others to share...

You've set a great example my friend...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

(Guns absolutely require Adler) 

Truth. One of the most thrilling parts of this release , was seeing and hearing Adler, he is one in a trillion, irreplaceable.  He makes the songs. 

The world wouldn't have these songs without Izzy, a true artist and musician. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

The best of this band, the band at the absolute pinnacle - even better than Appetite - is the 1980s bootlegs and they all just that: bootlegs - even the widely proliferated Ritz 88. The Tokyo VHS and Live Era were completely unsatisfactory live representations (for a myriad of reasons not worth going into again). There is a rawness, a groove (Guns absolutely require Adler) and punkiness. Rose was also still a raw performer who hadn't adopted the specific stage routines and costumes we see during the Illusion era. 1987 was before the money and egos appeared and buggered everything up. It is a band in their prime. 

Outside of money and egos I'd say the drugs and alcohol did the most damage. It's one thing to be on drugs. It's another to have money and be addicted still...they took their addictions to another level and the things that were important (music) take a back seat to what you crave and feel you need to continue. 

Miracle they survived! But this tape captures the band in what they all agree was their favorite time together. Sucks it didn't last long but atleast it happened 

Just now, IncitingChaos said:

Outside of money and egos I'd say the drugs and alcohol did the most damage. It's one thing to be on drugs. It's another to have money and be addicted still...they took their addictions to another level and the things that were important (music) take a back seat to what you crave and feel you need to continue. 

Miracle they survived! But this tape captures the band in what they all agree was their favorite time together. Sucks it didn't last long but atleast it happened 

Well, Izzy got clean and sober while still with GnR and Axl wasn't an addict and was able to take advantage of the members who were addicts.

axl came to believe he was GnR and still thinks that. I'm sure some peoole encouraged this delusion to also take advantage , industry people and manager. In early interviews, axl always says "I made the music I wanted", it's always "I", not we. I do think duff and slash were involved with what happened to adler and Izzy , but they turned for their own interests and got burned too. It's all quite pathetic really. 

sure, drugs played a role, but many bands were into the using and stayed together and loyal or burnt out without the backstabbing and low moves. Success is not always what people think it is ,  a lot of times it just means are you the type of person willing to torch everything and everyone in your path? If yes, you'll be "successful". 

2 minutes ago, Pishy said:

Truth. One of the most thrilling parts of this release , was seeing and hearing Adler, he is one in a trillion, irreplaceable.  He makes the songs. 

The world wouldn't have these songs without Izzy, a true artist and musician. 

There are certain songs in particular, 'Rocket Queen', 'Paradise City', 'Brownstone' (anything a bit funky), which have never sounded right without Adler. Izzy is incredible on this show also; you hear his fuzzy Ramones-esque guitar, as well as his bits of lead on My Michelle. And he is jumping around and looking effortlessly cool in a way Izzy only can which pays lie to the theory that he had no stage persona. Duff sounds great. There is a bit - I think it is Reckless Life - where his bass is thundering along. The interaction between the five is magical, there being no stupid keyboardists or extra guitarists. This is Guns N' Roses. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

There are certain songs in particular, 'Rocket Queen', 'Paradise City', 'Brownstone' (anything a bit funky), which have never sounded right without Adler. Izzy is incredible on this show also; you hear his fuzzy Ramones-esque guitar, as well as his bits of lead on My Michelle. And he is jumping around and looking effortlessly cool in a way Izzy only can which pays lie to the theory that he had no stage persona. Duff sounds great. There is a bit - I think it is Reckless Life - where his bass is thundering along. The interaction between the five is magical, there being no stupid keyboardists or extra guitarists. This is Guns N' Roses. 

You pretty much said it all. 

Izzy was magic on stage, I've honestly have never seen anyone more cool and rock than Izzy, his stage presence and showmanship are immense. His playing is  amazing. Izzy was a huge draw for a lot of listeners.

No keyboard, praise the lord.

Its how magic goes, all the ingredients belong in the potion for the spell to work.

Words can’t describe just how good that was. That was GNR at their best , the band no one could touch. I just wish they would go back to being a band and not treat it like a business. Axl Slash and Duff have made their money on this tour, just get Izzy and Adler back and make it about the music and an even share of the loot. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jafeijo said:

Holy sh*t this is absolutely brilliant, some versions are actually better than the record. 

Yeah. I'm thinking SCOM, no words to describe Slash.  And Crazy.  Axl's vocals are fucking insane. It's actually the highlight of the set for me so far (I'm still watching), though I must admit to being a Crazy enthusiast. ^^  And Duff...is awesomely loud on every song - great work on Crazy though.  

Edited by MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, jamillos said:

So apparently there are two versions on yt now. One has better audio, the other one better video. If only someone could fuse them...

That's weird.

Do you know how to download the audio by itself?

2 hours ago, Pishy said:

I think the bulk of the show is there and no one really noticed nor cared the first 4.5 songs are missing. We are never going to hear You're Crazy or Reckless Life again so I think it made a ton of people happy. 

It doesn't detract from the release one bit. I was just very curious how the tape got out to begin with because GnR wouldn't release anything, for reasons we all know. 

The timing is good for more than one reason . It's also kind of funny how things work. All the lies and dismissals regarding  Izzy and Adler are laid bare. 

I do care about the missing songs in the beginning. But as I said, I'm just elated to watch the rest and had a great day because of it. THAT IS GNR.

Edited by AncientEvil80

2 hours ago, Almost Famous said:

Well. Guess my yearly visit comes today. 😈✌️

Let’s see. Where to start. The first four and a half songs are not on the tape. Whatcha see is whatcha get.

The backstory; I bought a lot of promo VHS tapes on eBay, two maybe three years ago now. I just assumed the Ritz tape in the lot was the ‘88 show. It sat around my house for a year, year and a half, something like that before I decided to hook up the VCR and watch it. When it came on through that part of Jungle I knew instantly what I had just purchased was a diamond. 

I did a shitty and quick transfer to digitalize the tape and then created the Teaser I posted on youtube. I was contacted by gnrontour, and he expressed interest in doing the transfer. Being a huge fan of the jm78/gnrontour Bootleg releases and what he has done for the Bootleg community over the years, I was immediately on board and willing to send the tape out to him for transferring.

We decided to release it on the 30th Anniversary of the show, simply because of the anniversary. That is partly why I/we sat on it. The other reason was to garner interest from other traders...

I didn’t get anything for the show, no ChiDemos, no VMA Rehearsals, nothing like that at all. Only stating this because I see inquiring minds wondering in this thread. 

Lmao. Can ya roll me a couple joints? Sounds like you’ve got some good smoke. The first songs simply do not exist. Whatcha see is whatcha get. 

I haven't visited this forum in a long time either, but came through the other day.  Then today I came across this full 87 show you posted.  Thank you so much!

Just curious do you remember who you bought the VHS from on eBay?  I would love to have some insight into who they were.  Maybe they have more crazy stuff (not necessarily GNR) lying around too.  Considering no one really knew this existed up until you posted the teaser, I am amazed that some random person on eBay had this tape.  

13 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Yeah. I'm thinking SCOM, no words to describe Slash.  And Crazy.  Axl's vocals are fucking insane. It's actually the highlight of the set for me so far (I'm still watching), though I must admit to being a Crazy enthusiast. ^^  And Duff...is awesomely loud on every song - great work on Crazy though.  

How about Izzy??? Not only you can hear him play (LOL), but many times he's louder than Slash.

Axl's vocals are just insane, you said it. 

Just now, AncientEvil80 said:

How about Izzy??? Not only you can hear him play (LOL), but many times he's louder than Slash.

Axl's vocals are just insane, you said it. 

I'm sorry, I can't believe I didn't mention Izzy!!  Izzy on My Michelle! :drool: Izzy on every song...yes, you can hear him! Pity you don't get to see him much.  

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

There are certain songs in particular, 'Rocket Queen', 'Paradise City', 'Brownstone' (anything a bit funky), which have never sounded right without Adler. 

Agree 10000%. Also Nightrain sounds like it should at its best: sleazy, sexy, swinging, almost dance-y. An absolute gem.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MYWIFEMYLIFE said:

I hate to repeat dis all the time, but fuck, how I love Steven's drumming, it's not sympathy or obsession, he is the drummer of GNR, they gotta get him back, his sense and feel is the essence of this band.

BTW, what's that Mustaine thing there? :D

Have to add also that the SOUND of the drum-set also plays a HUGE part. That plastic-y 80's bubble gum sound is vital to the integrity of GNR music. 

Unfortunately, some people in GNR entourage does everything in their power NOT to have that sound ever again. SAD.

• Like 1