Why I think new music is coming

6 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Fair enough. Like I said, I hope he saved a couple tracks for Slash. It's hard to imagine he'd have an albums worth of stuff for him though, as there's probably some attachment to Robin/Buckets work, and then there's songs that just wouldn't suit Slash (Shackler's Revenge, Oh My God, Riad And The Bedouins, or Silkworms for example). But I guess it'd sell more whether Slash is on it or not, as long as he's "in the band" right?

Idk if I'm rationalizing but yeah that's what I was getting at. I do think there was a ton of politics involved with the label, managers, lawsuits, in reference to get Chinese out in a half assed manner. But now that the industry is banking off of the tour they have all the support they would need. But they may try to release something independently, is there even a record contract in effect?

1 minute ago, Order of Nine said:

Idk if I'm rationalizing but yeah that's what I was getting at. I do think there was a ton of politics involved with the label, managers, lawsuits, in reference to get Chinese out in a half assed manner. But now that the industry is banking off of the tour they have all the support they would need. But they may try to release something independently, is there even a record contract in effect?

There was a rumor going around in 2010-2011 that Axl was ready to release CD II, but it would've been the last album on his contract with Universal or whoever, and they wouldn't release his last album unless it had Slash on it. I've actually wondered how much of a role that played in the reunion - Axl finally agreeing to work with Slash just so he could release his other songs with a "properly", with less of the hassles that came with CD's release.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bucketfoot said:
2 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

1.) Compatibility. I truly don’t believe Axl and Slash would see eye to eye on a new record. Compare Chinese to any SMKC album- completely different. Keep in mind that this is one of the factors that broke up the band in the mid 90’s, differing ideas of what the next Guns album should be.

That would be my biggest concern. Going into the studio is such a massive leap from simply touring the old songs, would they be on the same page? Or would old disagreements/resentments resurface? Would love a new record but I think it's a big ask.

I think a way to avoid that is the Illusions way, i.e. like one playing on the other's solo material. Slash and Duff could work on some songs Axl has, Axl could write lyrics and melodies on some Slash's songs, 1-2 Duff's songs. If Izzy could be in the mix and bring songs too, that would be great. And maybe they could also work together on unused material from the Illusions/post Illusions era they all like. Also don't involve producers other than Clink and Costanzo and accept each one's production preferences, meaning that Axl should restrain himself from adding synths/bleeps to Slash's songs, if Slash doesn't want to :lol:

That wouldn't be exactly a band album, of course, but on the other hand it could have something for everyone and make most of the fans' factions at least partly happy.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2

I could be wrong but what I think is they are misleading people into thinking that the band is recording a new record. The Conspirators could be in on this pretending like they are already recording for the next SMKC. Heck maybe even that ashba could be in on this as well, making it look like he is coming back. He just said on an interview before that he doesn't see himself ever coming back to the band. Whatever the hell is going on in the band, we don't know. But they have to be doing something new at least. But I could be so wrong. But whatever. :monkey:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/dj-ashba-i-dont-see-myself-going-back-to-guns-n-roses-ever-again/

Edited by GoForJMark

7 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I don't think anything's really changed since 2014, at least in regards to releasing music. If Axl actually wanted to release CD II before the reunion, he could've assembled another band (with new or returning members) and toured it, just like he toured CD with a different band than the one that recorded it, and like he released his last album while not having a lead guitar player.

Ideally, Axl kept a few songs tucked away and saved for Slash (he mentioned in an interview, I wanna say in 1999 with Kurt Loder, that he had a few songs he'd like to hear Slash on, or something to that effect). People thinking they could do a record quickly are crazy, I'm betting it would take a very short time for Slash and Duff to record their parts, but it'd take Axl 6 months to re-mix each song.

I don’t think the record label wanted to release CD2. It was a failure

They have so little to loose by releasing material now, the world is not waiting with bated breath anymore. 

Surely, Slash & Duff must be at least asking Axl about doing something.

I'd like to see a double album with Axl's best from the last 20 years overdubbed by Slash and Duff with another album of tunes this lineup have created.

There is no money is recording new music. The shows are based around nostalgia and new music won't affect the general fee paying audience (especially now they're touring festivals). There's nothing to gain, rather than nothing to lose. And that's why I suspect we'll never see music from this lineup. Actually, they have a lot to lose by heading in to a studio - the amicable relationship on which the multi-million dollar tour is based. They fall out, split and poof, the megabucks disappear. 

Edited by invisible_rose
  • Like 1

They're a band of musicians, they obviously would like to make music, regardless of how well it sells. 

Axl is probably the toughest to get on board though, as he is a sensitive perfectionist.

With Slash and Duff involved, there is much less pressure on Axl and more support overall from management/label's etc

I dont believe its that simple as "YAY SLASHS BACK, NOW ILL RELEASE TONS OF NEW MUSIC YAAAY" with Axl, he showed a lot of signs that the main reason he doesnt release music is connected to his emotional issues, depression, anxiety and stuff like that. So even if Slash is back, dont think its gonna be that easy.
Of course, label issues too, but mainly emotional problems. Or does any of you really believe spending 20 years and 15mi on an album is something a sane person would do? lol

I'd love to see a new record as much as any of you, but I dont think its going to happen.

And for AC/DC, no matter how great an Angus/Axl album could be, AC/DC fans would destroy Axl just because he is Ax, and that would crush him in so many ways he could even retire just because of the reaction.

Edited by default_

6 hours ago, GoForJMark said:

didn't meant it like they owe people anything. What I was trying to say is with all this silence, they have to be up to something. lol

yeah thats exactly what i understood and thats why i am laughing hard!

the only thing they are up to now is checking the loot and congratulating themselves for pulling off this huge rock n roll swindle

• Haha 1

I'm sure that if they were recording something would have leaked. As someone above mentioned, the amount of people in and around professional recording studios is massive. Information would leak- in the same way it leaked when Axl went to rehearsals with ACDC. And that was just rehearsals, let alone recording. 

If something was happening, we'd know. 

55 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I'm sure that if they were recording something would have leaked. As someone above mentioned, the amount of people in and around professional recording studios is massive. Information would leak- in the same way it leaked when Axl went to rehearsals with ACDC. And that was just rehearsals, let alone recording. 

If something was happening, we'd know. 

Theres a possibility they put gag orders on everyone involved, so... leaked any kind of information? Anything that alluded to this work in question? SUED.

They could also be recording at their own private studios. With the ammount of loot they've made on their lifes its possible their home studios are better than most of the professional ones. And I remember Slash said something like this somewhere, that his studio was one of the best in LA.

Not that I believe they are recording...

Edited by default_

On 1/2/2018 at 7:55 AM, jacdaniel said:

For me, the writing is on the wall if we read between the lines, similar to how the reunion happened. Evidence?

1) A 6 month break. I know NITL ran for a long time, but a 6 month break is very excessive. 

2) Axl has expressed interest in releasing new music and even played some for Slash/Duff. 

3) No SMKC. Myles just released a solo album and is doing alter bridge in 2019. There is no time to do a SMKC album. Slash won't release an album and not tour, promote it. 

4) The silence - All Slash fans will know that if he was doing SMKC, he would be excited and sharing various things on social media. But he has a gag order for GNR. Even Joe Perry and Nikki knew not to press further. 

5) Walking Papers have a show in Seattle coming up, no mention of Duff being there. 

All the signs are there... For now at least 😀

Funny, I was  thinking about this today and logged on to start a new thread, but you already beat me to the punch.

First off, Did anyone think a full reunion would take place ?  Did anyone think Axl would lead the biggest World Tour of 2017, be on time for EVERY show, and have ZERO drama ? 

So I think all the comments that Axl is a perfectionist, takes 8 years to release music etc etc. is unfair at this point.  He obviously is a complete different person at this stage of his life, and knows his legacy includes Slash and Duff.  Would be great if Izzy was involved in writing the new album, but whatever.  The only thing I think is not set in stone is the exact time line.  I think it will be organic and at their pace, but I still think that pace is relatively soon ( 2018 )  They just pulled off the biggest tour of the year, it only makes sense to release a new album of original material.  As far as the direction of the album, who cares ?  Let them decide what direction they want to go, and we should be appreciative of whatever they give us.

Last point.  #4 above is the nail in the coffin.  Slash talks about any project he is working on.  To start " working " right after the tour ended, and him not talking about the nature of it is a dead giveaway. 

People, stop living in the past, this is 2017, not 2002.   They are all different now, older, wiser and aware of their legacy at this point.  Its all about timing, and the timing is now perfect.

Does anyone want to bet ? lol

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Dcrazed212 said:

People, stop living in the past, this is 2017, not 2002.   They are all different now, older, wiser and aware of their legacy at this point.  Its all about timing, and the timing is now perfect.

Does anyone want to bet ? lol

After playing clubs because they couldn't fill arenas, he was on his best behaviour because he had to be for the payday.

No I did not expect Axl and Slash to ever share the same stage again and have been proven wrong, but that does not change Axl's productivity in the studio.

I agree with those who pointed out that there are not big bucks in releasing a new album. Touring is where the money is at. That said, the fan in me will cling to "but what if..." They just made more money on this tour than they will probably ever come close to spending in their lives. My guess is that they are continuing to use the NITL tour name this summer with the goal of moving up the all-time list for highest grossing/attended tours. If money was the primary factor, changing the tour name is an easy way to make more money off the diehard fans (I personally would buy a newly named summer tour shirt). So perhaps they are motivated beyond just making money. Maybe it's about making history. And if the world says rock is dying/dead and there's no money to be made making records, what if they took on the challenge of proving the world wrong? Slash and Duff clearly enjoy recording and releasing new music based on their side projects so I assume they are all for a new record whether it's CD2 or something entirely new. Axl repaired his legacy with this tour and his work with Angus, and perhaps he's up for the idea of releasing something new. He seemed happier than he's been in years on this tour (based solely on his onstage demeanor as the tour went on). So I am clinging to the hope that he has his mojo back and wants to cement his legacy once and for all by releasing at least one more great album and ideally prove everyone wrong about the sad state of rock and there not being money in releasing new material. And, yes, I'll be the first to admit that this is an overly romantic fanboy dream, but sometimes that's what being a fan is all about.

• Like 1