GNR Demo Tape Soundcloud

These are awesome, especially Jungle! So, how do I download these? :question: I tried adding the Soundcloud Downloader on Chrome, but I can't see to get the files to actually download.

Nevermind, I just figured it out and am loving these!!!

Edited by DTV88

38 minutes ago, Stress Fracture said:

I thought everything of any worth from that era was already bootlegged way back in the 90s but new stuff still appears.

Axl caught snoozing again on an AFD box set that he really should have authorised by now.

man there must be ZILLION of tapes from GNR era that we have no idea about

Thank you very much brother @troccoli!!!

We all love this band, especially these early years, and it's amazing to hear them NOT ready for the big time quite yet!

@Dexter tries to keep these demo's under lock and key for he never wants the truth to be told that GNR didn't slip out of the womb playing AFD start to finish???

52 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

Someone called Frans N Roses has uploaded this to youtube.  Gives credit to Troccoli but still a shitty thing to do, in my opinion.

Unfortunately that's the nature of the internet.  Once it's out there, it's out there.  No getting the genie back in the bottle.

Frans is highly respected for what he does with GNR footage and audio. It’s fair game for anyone to post. He even tweaked it to improve the audio, like he always does.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Underhardy said:

Frans is highly respected for what he does with GNR footage and audio. It’s fair game for anyone to post. He even tweaked it to improve the audio, like he always does.

How do you figure it's fair game?  I posted it on Soundcloud for a reason, read the 3rd post above.  Don't get me wrong, on a personal level I don't care and have nothing against you or Frans.  And I have no idea if GNR will care.  But if they do, they might not care as long as it's not downloadable.  Of course there are ways of getting around it, but just because you can doesn't mean that you should.  On the flip side if they do care and make it all get taken down, or even if someone just finds a runaround like Frans did and is able to download (in original quality) well then you can understand if no one does anything like this in the future when they come across gems like this.  For example I was privy to listen to unreleased GNR tracks in someone's hotel room during the last residency.  We also got to see pro shot footage from Puerto Rico (2009 or 2010) and pro shot footage of a soundcheck by the band with either Tommy or Bumble singing mot of the songs.  It was all with the understanding that no was recording it to be released later.  Hopefully you see what I am saying here. 

Also when tweaked are you "improving" it really?  The raw sound is about the experience of it.  You can argue that cds improved the sound of vinyl (I don't mean the technical side of things, but I ma talking about the hiss, etc., those cool weird little sounds that happen when you play vinyl), but again it makes the experience different (keep in mind this comment is coming from someone that was raised on cds, I have never even owned a record player).  Live Era is another example where the audio was tweaked, and many have a problem with it.  Personally I don't but I can see their side.  There was a reason I had a professional transfer this at the highest quality possible.  We could have tweaked it as well but that betrays the rawness of it IMO.

• Like 4