This I Love Remix **NO LINKS***

2 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

So this is a 2010 vocal? Axl was still recording vocals after 2008? Or a vocal he did around 2007 and a remix by Brain in 2010 for the CD remix?

Either 2009 or 2010 I believe.

I've genuinely not been this excited since about 2006 when I first remember hearing those opening 30 seconds or so of the first Better leak and thinking - god what is this crap - then suddenly Axl kicked in and it was like - wow! It is GnR! Amazing!

Then the Bucket solo kicked in, and I was sold. NuGnR were amazing.

Great times.

4 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

So this is a 2010 vocal? Axl was still recording vocals after 2008? Or a vocal he did around 2007 and a remix by Brain in 2010 for the CD remix?

the general rumor is yes, but I very strongly doubt so. in my opinion, the vocal link comes from something between 2001 and 2007. there's no real reason why this should be newer.

Brain said in an interview in April 2009 that he did the ChiDem remixes, so the vocal line must be older than this.

Ye good version this, like the vocal very much..... lets wait to see if anything else appears later. Full versions of previous leaks are a real possibility!

Like 2006 all over again! Would love a high quality version of Brian May on CITR. 

3 minutes ago, username said:

I think I found it on Soundcloud. Not sure if it's the right one though. I'm an old-fashioned man who prefers mp3's. 

Easy to rip it off soundcloud into mp3...  just google soundcloud to mp3 converter. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, zombux said:

the general rumor is yes, but I very strongly doubt so. in my opinion, the vocal link comes from something between 2001 and 2007. there's no real reason why this should be newer.

Brain said in an interview in April 2009 that he did the ChiDem remixes, so the vocal line must be older than this.

I'm gonna say 2007 as it sounds like his voice when he came back on the road 2006...Maybe when he was working with Seb Bach in 2007 and finishing Sorry, etc...
I reckon it's from those sessions.

2 hours ago, hollywood_democracy said:

Is this true? Axl actually submitted a product and they rejected it?

The story, was that Axl genuinely did want a follow up album to come out relatively soon after Chinese Democracy; sort of like Radiohead with Kid A and Amnesiac. When Axl said, "same Bat-time, same Bat-channel" regarding a new album in the 2008 chats, he was actually being serious. That, of course, got delayed (my guess would be because the band never toured in spring/summer 2009 as originally anticipated). Apparently in 2010, a few months before the Reading and Leeds festivals, Axl approached the label again about releasing the second album. MSL said it was to be a self-titled album (either Guns N' Roses or GN'R). The label said no. They gave Axl the official reason that it would be too quick of a turn around to promote and release the albums before the shows. After the debacle of the label not promoting Chinese Democracy, Axl felt betrayed and apparently ended the band and cancelled the festival shows on Twitter (which was later attributed to a "hack" after management smoothed things over). The implication has always seemed to be that this was when Axl truly lost interest in releasing new Guns N' Roses music.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

Just now, colonizedmind said:

I'm gonna say 2007 as it sounds like his voice when he came back on the road 2006...Maybe when he was working with Seb Bach in 2007 and finishing Sorry, etc...
I reckon it's from those sessions.

Vocals are similar to how he sounded on the Angel Down tracks.

3 minutes ago, username said:

I think I also prefer this to the album version. 

Actually sounds a bit experimental and something closer to him trying out different approaches...maybe these remixes were what he originally maybe thought would be closer to the final album, more electronic. As time went on and pressures to make it more traditional told, he got cold feet...Another one of the many reasons for the hold ups, among all the other fuckery...The pondering of styles and how to take it forward...

2 minutes ago, themadcaplaughs said:

The story, according to MSL from the flash drive he stole from the band and all of the files within, was that Axl genuinely did want a follow up album to come out relatively soon. When Axl said, "same Bat-time, same Bat-channel" regarding a new album in 2009, he was actually being serious. That, of course, got delayed (my guess would be because the band never toured in spring/summer 2009 as originally anticipated). Apparently in 2010, a few months before the Reading and Leeds festivals, Axl approached the label again about releasing the second album. MSL said it was to be a self-titled album (either Guns N' Roses or GN'R). The label said no. They gave Axl the official reason that it would be too quick of a turn around. After the debacle of the label not promoting Chinese Democracy, Axl felt betrayed and apparently ended the band and cancelled the festival shows on Twitter (which was later attributed to a "hack" after management smoothed things over). The implication has always seemed to be that this was when Axl truly lost interest in releasing new Guns N' Roses music.

thats pretty sad actually