AFD Locked & Loaded Discounts: Now $399

On 19/06/2019 at 6:59 AM, ZoSoRose said:

I wasnt up close for that Vegas show, but that was definitely one of the most fun weekends of my life. Wish we could relive it!

I would go the ticket. I see the boxset coming down to 199.00 in less than 6 months and probably in time for xmas.

Edited by Sydney Fan

1 hour ago, TheHelgo said:

Based on how this thing rolled out and sold over the past year, they better really examine the value proposition of any UYI box set.  I bit at $499, but also snagged a Super Deluxe for a much higher price than it is now.  There is absolutely NO WAY I am buying anything day 1 for UYI box set, and probably not day 180 or 365 either.  This AFD box set sales process has been a trainwreck of epic proportions.

I highly doubt they are going to do a UYI boxset

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I highly doubt they are going to do a UYI boxset

Why not?? Who knew we would get the L&L box so anything is possible. Just make it similar to the MetallicA Deluxe boxes and you are good to go.

a UYI set needs to just be the two albums remastered (if the masters aren't destroyed) with another 2LP set of demos, live tracks etc and thats it. 6LPs and they can sell it for 99-150 bucks in a nice slip box like zeppelin, metallica etc. Hopefully they learned that tattoos, rings and metal guitar picks are fucking stupid by now.

1 hour ago, shotsfired cro said:

I have this shirt. Have worn it to every GN'R and VR show I been to since 2004. It's such a cool item.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stiff Competition said:

a UYI set needs to just be the two albums remastered (if the masters aren't destroyed) with another 2LP set of demos, live tracks etc and thats it. 6LPs and they can sell it for 99-150 bucks in a nice slip box like zeppelin, metallica etc. Hopefully they learned that tattoos, rings and metal guitar picks are fucking stupid by now.

I would like to see the two albums remastered, two/three demos of each song (preferably a few years apart wherever possible), a summer 1991 Blu-ray, a 1992 (not Tokyo) Blu-ray, a Skin N' Bones Blu-ray, and a compilation of various strong performances of individual songs. Various photographs and perhaps a book would be nice to go with it.

I think we can just forgot about the Perfect Crime documentary sadly. 

4 hours ago, WAR41 said:

$40 for the SDE is great.  Congrats to those who held out and grabbed it.  

I got one on Day One last year for about $100, and that's because I had a merchandise credit for about $60 for the store I picked it up at.

Bought two yesterday at the $40 price. Christmas gifts for my two oldest sons. Might buy another for my youngest son.

For once, Guns N' Roses are offering up something from their store at an unbeatable price.

• Like 1

Yeah ...

10 hours ago, TheHelgo said:

Based on how this thing rolled out and sold over the past year, they better really examine the value proposition of any UYI box set.  I bit at $499, but also snagged a Super Deluxe for a much higher price than it is now.  There is absolutely NO WAY I am buying anything day 1 for UYI box set, and probably not day 180 or 365 either.  This AFD box set sales process has been a trainwreck of epic proportions.

Yeah ... I'm salty I copped the Super Deluxe at the original price, whatever it was (can't recall) for it to fall to $40 now. Reason being, as much as I loved it all, it basically got packed in the closet never to be seen again. Same would happen with Locked N' Loaded if I bought it. It's why I couldn't justify a grand. I know it'd end up tucked away somewhere taking up space.

5 hours ago, Waemoth said:

I would like to see the two albums remastered, two/three demos of each song (preferably a few years apart wherever possible), a summer 1991 Blu-ray, a 1992 (not Tokyo) Blu-ray, a Skin N' Bones Blu-ray, and a compilation of various strong performances of individual songs. Various photographs and perhaps a book would be nice to go with it.

The warmup Theatre shows on HD to please.

5 hours ago, Waemoth said:

Im surprised they didnt remaster lies and put it out on vinyl for the lies anniversary. I wouldnt have thought they would do the L and l boxset, so anything with them recognising their past is possible. The illusions era was massive put the band  through the stratosphre,  so something has to merched for the anniversary.

20 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

Im surprised they didnt remaster lies and put it out on vinyl for the lies anniversary. I wouldnt have thought they would do the L and l boxset, so anything with them recognising their past is possible. The illusions era was massive put the band  through the stratosphre,  so something has to merched for the anniversary.

A remaster of Lies, with the exception of OIAM is actually part of LnL. 

Edited by Waemoth
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

$40?! Ummm.. Done.. $38.25 total with the coupon code @Tourettes2400 mentioned! Free shipping.. Thanks guys

I really am thinking about buying one I have spent more than $40 on alcohol in the last few days. I really just want the L&L box, but not until it is cheaper than it is now.

Both of these are now at the prices they should have been when they originally came out.

Edited by Tourettes2400
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

I'm on vacation but its showing that my Super Deluxe was already delivered. That's crazy. One day shipping. Seems a distribution center is close by

That is definitely quicker than the Nightrain packages ship.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, History2010 said:

The poor sales and overwhelmingly negative reaction from fans to the L&L set. 

Which is why they should ‘do it right’ this time. Not overpriced or laden with stuff most folk wouldn’t look at more than once. As I said, I have the four MetallicA boxes and they are absolutely spot-on. The only thing that they miss is the 5.1 disc that Appetite had.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Which is why they should ‘do it right’ this time. Not overpriced or laden with stuff most folk wouldn’t look at more than once. As I said, I have the four MetallicA boxes and they are absolutely spot-on. The only thing that they miss is the 5.1 disc that Appetite had.

I really appreciate the way Metallica tries to make their fans happy. They know what their fans like and they try to give it to them, and most of the time it is at a reasonable price. I wish this band would try that business model, but I have been a fan for too long to reasonably expect it.

12 minutes ago, Tourettes2400 said:

I really appreciate the way Metallica tries to make their fans happy. They know what their fans like and they try to give it to them, and most of the time it is at a reasonable price. I wish this band would try that business model, but I have been a fan for too long to reasonably expect it.

I know what you mean. The difference between the bands in that regard is HUGE. Lars ain’t daft - he knows what the fan wants and is still in tune with the fan base at a grass roots level.

Plus, having Q-Prime as your management company helps...as opposed to TB. Not saying TB are bad but no-one is better than Q-Prime.

1 minute ago, DTJ80 said:

I know what you mean. The difference between the bands in that regard is HUGE. Lars ain’t daft - he knows what the fan wants and is still in tune with the fan base at a grass roots level.

Plus, having Q-Prime as your management company helps...as opposed to TB. Not saying TB are bad but no-one is better than Q-Prime.

TB are REALLY bad

Anyways, I'm most excited for the 5.1 AfD. Ive heard good things

• Like 1