AFD Locked & Loaded Discounts: Now $399

On 7/22/2019 at 5:51 PM, DieselDaisy said:

£32 for the rings!

They must be pulling all the unsold boxsets apart and selling the stuff for scraps haha. What an utter shambles.

Sure seems that way.

I'm glad I got another copy of the Super Deluxe for $40 on the last day of the sale (July 15), but I just received an email today saying due to the demand for them at that price, they won't be shipping it for another 3-4 weeks. Which means they sold out their original stock, and haven't been restocked yet.

To sell the book with the CD's/Blu-Ray for more than what the Super Deluxe was priced at earlier this month seems kind of ludicrous

5 minutes ago, 31illusions said:

They must have had to break open the box and sell items individually to get rid of these suckers.

If it means the vinyl will eventually be made available or the box dropped to 199 im all for it. That’s really the meat and potatoes of the box 

11 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

After soaking in the Super Deluxe for a couple weeks I would have to say I definitely got my money's worth.. I only paid $40 for it but it is definitely worth a bit more. Not sure if it is worth $100 but $75 would be a fair price if you can get it for that.

CD 1 Appetite Remaster - I just gave it one listen. I noticed some subtle differences but nothing drastic.. Which is a good thing because the album is perfect.

CD 2 EPs and B-Sides - Bummer they left One In a Million off of this but it is great to have the rest of the songs remastered. I feel that the benefited more from the remaster than Appetite. I always felt that SOLY was missing off Live Like a Suicide and now it is there! Cool to have good quality versions of the live songs too. 

CD 3 Sound City Sessions- This is my least favorite of the bunch. Out Ta Get Me, Anything Goes and Think About You are cool but other than that nothing really stands out. They are all kind of meh takes and there are better versions of Heartbreak Hotel and Jumpin Jack Flash out there. 

CD 4 Sound City Sessions and More - This is probably my favorite. I know we have heard most of it but it is great to have quality versions of these songs.  Weird that they put 3 versions of Move to The City all on one CD but they are all great versions in my opinion. I like them all better than the LIES/LLAS version. New Work Tune and The Plague are throw away's but the rest of the CD is fucking money. It is a shame that Corn shucker didn't make it on here.

Blu Ray - I didn't even think I would care about this but watched it last night. The Appetite and bonus songs have some cool imagery for sure.  Different ones for every song. They get a bit redundant and a tad cheesy at times but overall I thought they were good. Great having all the videos as well. I watched them all last night.

Swag..

Tattoos - silly
Flyers and ticket stubs - Kind if indifferent on these but they were cool to look at once I guess.
Posters and stuff - Some of them are actually kind of cool. I will probably hang something up in my loft where I play darts and have a vinyl setup.. They would look good in someones shed or garage as well.
Axl's photo book - No one talks about this at all but I love it. I know this day and age you can find photos all over the internet but I remember the days when you couldn't something like this would be gold. Definitely my favorite part of the swag items. 

the imagery on the Blu-ray is cool, like you said, but the money is the sound on a good system.  Personally, I think the 5.1 really adds to it.  The sound is what sets it apart; the imagery, not so much.

So the individual trinkets that they're selling on the store, they're now calling that the "Appetite For Destruction Collection" :lol: Seems like it's the record label trying to sell off their stock because the email I got is from UMG. Still so pathetic though. Maybe there's some casual fans who will be tricked into thinking that these are new items even though they're not.

4 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

So the individual trinkets that they're selling on the store, they're now calling that the "Appetite For Destruction Collection" :lol: Seems like it's the record label trying to sell off their stock because the email I got is from UMG. Still so pathetic though. Maybe there's some casual fans who will be tricked into thinking that these are new items even though they're not.

It was mentioned earlier in the thread but I think this is absolutely the label breaking up the remaining boxes and trying to pass it off as "The AFD Collection". This is totally my guess, but I think the reason the vinyl hasn't shown up yet is because they're going to have the nerve to hold that back and call it a Record Store Day Exclusive in the future. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

It was mentioned earlier in the thread but I think this is absolutely the label breaking up the remaining boxes and trying to pass it off as "The AFD Collection". This is totally my guess, but I think the reason the vinyl hasn't shown up yet is because they're going to have the nerve to hold that back and call it a Record Store Day Exclusive in the future. 

probably... just slap a sticker on the shrink and they are good to go. We know they have thousands left and most RSD releases are between 1000-3500 copies or so, so that sounds about right.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I'm kind of interested in the book CD set.

10 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I am afraid you’re totally right. And that move would be the next slap in our faces. Especially if taking into account that they promoted the vinyl to be exclusive to the boxset if i do remember correctly. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, zigzagbigbag said:

I am afraid you’re totally right. And that move would be the next slap in our faces. Especially if taking into account that they promoted the vinyl to be exclusive to the boxset if i do remember correctly. 

GN'R slap it's fans in the face?? NEVER! :lol:

• Haha 2

Yeh I was one of those suckers who dropped 1k as well. I stopped going to the site I would say morherfuckers every time I see the peice drop! All of us who purchased it at launch we love the box but we got ass fucked with a dildo with pieces of broken glass all over it. FUCK YOU UNIVERSAL! Also fuck me for being dumb enough to spend a grand!!!!!!

Edited by jdfdemocracy1979
  • Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1