AFD Locked & Loaded Discounts: Now $399

44 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I bet it'll drop more 

18 minutes ago, WAR41 said:

100% agree.  I think Black Friday we'll see it drop to that $299 price tag.  

I hope it does. I would like to see $199 but will probably bite at $299

Edited by Tourettes2400

Is the cabinet made of wood?

I'm asking because if it is, it sort of helps me justify the price. I paid freakin' $400+ for an end table for my living room. That's just a generic end table. If this is a wooden cabinet, I am gonna custom-build a stand for it and park in my living room next to my TV so everyone can come over and think I'm crazy.

I did it and I already have buyers remorse. However, I did the AFFIRM option which gives me 0 percent for six month. Or $20 in interest if I pay it in 12 months. I can slow pay this bad boy. I figured for $399 plus GNR coupon code, plus tax, it's not that bad. I really love the cabinet and will display it.

My total was $381.54 after shipping (free) and taxes ($20).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GnR Chris said:

I'm asking because if it is, it sort of helps me justify the price. I paid freakin' $400+ for an end table for my living room. That's just a generic end table. If this is a wooden cabinet, I am gonna custom-build a stand for it and park in my living room next to my TV so everyone can come over and think I'm crazy.

49 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

I did it and I already have buyers remorse. However, I did the AFFIRM option which gives me 0 percent for six month. Or $20 in interest if I pay it in 12 months. I can slow pay this bad boy. I figured for $399 plus GNR coupon code, plus tax, it's not that bad. I really love the cabinet and will display it.

That's a solid price and yep, it's definitely made of wood. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

1 hour ago, GnR Chris said:

It's definitely wood. The cabinet and cross itself is by far the best part. The faux leather is like a weird sticker sort of thing, though. 

$400 is what it should have originally been. Its fine for that price considering the wood cabinet and vinyl. The trinkets just fluff it up, I wish it had more music/vinyl and the trinkets were condensed. I still cant believe there werent full live shows included. 

Either way, it is a cool display piece. I'm glad a lot of people held out since $1000 is laughable

Edited by ZoSoRose

Super deluxe came in yesterday. $40 and free shipping is honestly a great deal for what you get. The book, litho poster, and blu ray audio is worth more than that price honestly. This should have originally retailed for around $90 instead of double the price. Not sure how they came up with that compared to other sets.

The other stuff they threw in is a bit lame, but def captures the era. Cheap crap the label threw in to blow up the price. 

Really the only thing I’d want from the big box is the vinyl. So until the price drops to make that purchase worth it, I’m still out on the rest of it. 

Edited by guitarpatch
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, guitarpatch said:

Super deluxe came in yesterday. $40 and free shipping is honestly a great deal for what you get. The book, litho poster, and blu ray audio is worth more than that price honestly. This should have originally retailed for around $90 instead of double the price. Not sure how they came up with that compared to other sets.

The other stuff they threw in is a bit lame, but def captures the era. Cheap crap the label threw in to blow up the price. 

Really the only thing I’d want from the big box is the vinyl. So until the price drops to make that purchase worth it, I’m still out on the rest of it. 

The things I want most from the big box are the box itself and vinyl. I justified the purchase in my mind for LAL by viewing the box more as artwork for the home. And I may hang some of the vinyl in the crib too. Super Deluxe for $40 is a steal, IMO. Great deal you got.

7 hours ago, guitarpatch said:

The Super Deluxe really is a good deal for $38 shipped. Mine came Tuesday and I really like it.

4 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

The things I want most from the big box are the box itself and vinyl. I justified the purchase in my mind for LAL by viewing the box more as artwork for the home. And I may hang some of the vinyl in the crib too. Super Deluxe for $40 is a steal, IMO. Great deal you got.

Me too! I think the box is cool and so is the vinyl. I am going to wait for it to drop a little more in price, especially since I just bought Vegas tickets. If I miss out and they are gone before they come down I am completely fine with just owning the SD.

• Like 1

Got my Super Deluxe and it is awesome for 38 bucks.. Sounds way better than the digital leak that was being passed around. I can't say for sure but it sounds like the LIES portion was re-mastered too.  One thing that no one ever talks about and I have even asked about it on here was the book. I flipped through it real quick and can't wait to give it a proper viewing. Between that and the music you are definitely getting your money's worth. Hell even the swag was cool. I don't need it but it was cool to look at the replica tickets and flyers. I will probably hang up a poster in my dart.vinyl room.  The tattoos are the only stupid part. My cousin is a Thin Lizzy fan though so if Axl's Thin Lizzy tattoo is in there I will give it to him to stick somewhere. 

I also just bought a second one to give my cousin for xmas for 42 bucks and might by a 3rd for my co-workers birthday Monday. 

• Like 3

Just bought 3 more for gifts..

Now if they would just smarten up with damn ticket prices, a lot more people would buy tickets, more people would buy tickets for others and fans would be a little less critical f the performances/setlists ect.. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Got my Super Deluxe and it is awesome for 38 bucks.. Sounds way better than the digital leak that was being passed around. I can't say for sure but it sounds like the LIES portion was re-mastered too.  One thing that no one ever talks about and I have even asked about it on here was the book. I flipped through it real quick and can't wait to give it a proper viewing. Between that and the music you are definitely getting your money's worth. Hell even the swag was cool. I don't need it but it was cool to look at the replica tickets and flyers. I will probably hang up a poster in my dart.vinyl room.  The tattoos are the only stupid part. My cousin is a Thin Lizzy fan though so if Axl's Thin Lizzy tattoo is in there I will give it to him to stick somewhere. 

I also just bought a second one to give my cousin for xmas for 42 bucks and might by a 3rd for my co-workers birthday Monday. 

Ive been waiting for a review of the super deluxe and im going to pull the trigger on this.

I thought my bold prediction of $499 was accurate but now I'm leaning toward those people saying $299 by Christmas being accurate. For those holding out, I would bet you'll see that $299 price before all is said and done.

For the record, if GN'R had just priced this at $499 in the first place, they would have moved a LOT more units.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I thought my bold prediction of $499 was accurate but now I'm leaning toward those people saying $299 by Christmas being accurate. For those holding out, I would bet you'll see that $299 price before all is said and done.

For the record, if GN'R had just priced this at $499 in the first place, they would have moved a LOT more units.

That seems to be the way things go now.. Diehards get screwed due to FOMO and pay the big bucks for things like this or concert tickets. People that don't mind taking a chance get the better deals.. When it comes to shows is when it sucks.. Because all teh casuals that don't care us much if they go or not end up getting tickets for a fraction of the price close to the show.

Didn't I see you post somewhere that the "Locked and Loaded Box"  came with a turntable?

9 hours ago, RussTCB said:

There was one deal that was offered (the deal I got in on) that was just too good for me to pass up.

It was $499, including shipping for the Locked & Loaded Set. On top of the set, they included a special edition of this turntable:
https://www.project-audio.com/en/product/essential-iii/

It was the same turntable but with a GN'R bullet logo in the lower right corner. That turntable alone goes for $299, then they included this too:
https://www.project-audio.com/en/product/acryl-it/

that's the acrylic platter upgrade, which costs about $120 on it's own usually.

So for $499, I got a turntable that was valued at $420 and essentially paid $80 for the Locked & Loaded Set.

I had a friend who desperately needed a turntable upgrade, so I gifted that to him and he is overjoyed with it.

I also said from the very beginning that all I really wanted was the vinyl from the L&L Set. So when it was delivered, I took the records out and gave the SDE portion to a friend that wanted it. Then I gave the rest of the box to ZoSoRose because he wanted it really badly.

In the end, I look at it as if I paid $80 for the vinyl LPs which is all I really wanted in the first place. Then I used the rest of the deal I got as gifts that made other people happy. It ended up working out really well for me!

That is a feel good story man. That is awesome on you for your generosity. I didnt know you valued vinyl as much as you do.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, zigzagbigbag said:

L&L Box is sold out in the German official shop. 

It's been listed as sold out many times on the US shop too. It always comes back, sits there for a long time, then gets discounted again. 

6 hours ago, RussTCB said:

It's been listed as sold out many times on the US shop too. It always comes back, sits there for a long time, then gets discounted again. 

Hope to see more deep discounts ASAP 😂  I really want one, but don’t really need one.

7 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Thanks, didn‘t know. 

I still kick myself in the nuts for buying it at its original release date. Lessons learned. 

Outside of the people on here who even knows or cares about this box set, there was a buzz about it last year but I am sure 99% of the people saw the $999.99 price tag and laughed and I am pretty have not thought about it since than. If they really have thousands of these unsold I am pretty sure they are going to have to do some promotion to help move them at the new lower rate 

4 hours ago, k12 said:

Outside of the people on here who even knows or cares about this box set, there was a buzz about it last year but I am sure 99% of the people saw the $999.99 price tag and laughed and I am pretty have not thought about it since than. If they really have thousands of these unsold I am pretty sure they are going to have to do some promotion to help move them at the new lower rate 

If it hits the $299 mark, they won't need to promote it. There's tons of sites out there dedicated to informing people when things go clearance at really low prices. There's more than a few of those sites that are dedicated to just music deals. 

I'd be surprised if the $399 price hasn't made it to those sites yet. Even if it has, I feel like $299 will be bigger news on those clearance sites. 

8 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

If it hits the $299 mark, they won't need to promote it. There's tons of sites out there dedicated to informing people when things go clearance at really low prices. There's more than a few of those sites that are dedicated to just music deals. 

I'd be surprised if the $399 price hasn't made it to those sites yet. Even if it has, I feel like $299 will be bigger news on those clearance sites. 

If it hits the $299 mark then maybe the official website will get a makeover, including the YouTube page.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Edward Nygma said:

If it hits the $299 mark then maybe the official website will get a makeover, including the YouTube page.

I sincerely doubt their page will ever be any good. GN'R have a long and storied history of poorly misusing the internet lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1