New GN'R Release Coming In 2019? **RUMOR THREAD**

3 hours ago, Kasanova King said:

I think a 4 song ep with an additional 4-6 live songs (possibly the covers) from the NITLT (similar to Lies) would actually be a nice release for the fans...and relatively easy for the band to release.

This is sorta what I was thinking too. I suppose right now it's time for them to take some time off. but IF they've already written some songs together, they could smack for example two new songs at the end of a NITL Live album...And if they haven't actually done any writing or studio work yet, they can justy release the live album without any new studio tracks..

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Azifwekare said:

Serious question: what is all this talk about Blu Ray? Does no one here watch DVDs anymore? As far as I can tell, the Blu Ray fad ended years ago. Maybe it's more of an American thing?

I didn't even think they sold DVD's anymore.  Blu Ray is by far better quality wise.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Azifwekare said:

Serious question: what is all this talk about Blu Ray? Does no one here watch DVDs anymore? As far as I can tell, the Blu Ray fad ended years ago. Maybe it's more of an American thing?

Blu-ray offers a far superior presentation than a DVD.

-480i vs 1080p
-lossy audio vs lossless

Edited by -W.A.R-
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I didn't even think they sold DVD's anymore.  Blu Ray is by far better quality wise.

In the UK at least, Blu Ray is easily available but nowhere near as common as DVDs. You can get an entire store of DVDs but only a small Blu Ray section.

I've got 100s of DVDs but only 3 Blu Rays: two special editions of films I've already got on DVD bought only for the extended cuts, bonus features etc, and another film that I just couldn't find on DVD. I noticed literally no difference in quality.

Edited by Azifwekare
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

seeing it is one thing. The experience makes the show. Take away the crowd and all that and you are fooling yourself if you think Axl sounds good enough for a true live album. They would have to pick and choose the best performance from different shows and leave some songs out all together. The same can be said about the band to some extent as well. This lineup renditions of songs like KOHD, Paradise City, Yesterdays, Used To Love Her, Patience, Don't Cry, Rocket Queen and so on don't hand a candle to the classic lineups. 

I agree, there's definitely a bit of gap between being there and hearing it back the next day. And, I've come to the conclusion to just let people remain happy. My brother saw KISS this year, he was blown away thought they were amazing... we all know Paul Stanley can't sing, I could have said that but it would have sucked the good out of it for him. Not saying that we should just go along with crazies who refuse the evidence but if someone says "I enjoyed the show, he sounded good when I was there" as long as they don't make the argument of phones being to blame for poor vocals, I let it go :D 

But yes, in terms of one show that they could release tomorrow that Axl sounds great from top to bottom, I don't think it exists! But! you mention "a true live album", well a true live experience means some bits are going to be great, some things will be less than great, let's say they released Houston which seems to be a favourite around here, it's a decent show but Axl will be off here and there, Same with Slash's bends, Franks drumming, Duffs Backing vocals... there'll be mistakes is the point.

I'm with you, in that I'd prefer a compilation, but I can appreciate the imperfections too, just like when I listen to the current Metallica and James is using a cleaner voice to sing Enter Sandman, or Lars is dropping a cool fill from any number of songs. The problem is that most of the best live albums, are far from live :D so the standards are almost impossible to match with a true live show just from the soundboard... there are of course freak of nature singers / bands out there that are on EVERY night, but we all know that is and never was GNR.

What's wrong with this versions rendition of Patience? I've heard versions this year that stand up against the classic line ups versions (some of which are definitely not as good IMO). I'd agree with RQ, Yesterdays and Used to love her though... they aren't even as good as the last line ups versions, vocally or by the band... as a whole.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Azifwekare said:

What country are u from?

Im From Brazil and at least in Sao Paulo dvds are sold for a bill cause no one buys it anymore and most stores are just tryin to clean stock, its all about blu ray now. And we are a third world country lol

3 hours ago, Azifwekare said:

Every PlayStation 4 has a built in blu-ray player

Look up the numbers in USA alone

2 hours ago, default_ said:

What country are u from?

Im From Brazil and at least in Sao Paulo dvds are sold for a bill cause no one buys it anymore and most stores are just tryin to clean stock, its all about blu ray now. And we are a third world country lol

No One uses blu ray here in Italy :)

You guys are kidding me! Why should anybody buy or rent dvds when he could buy blu rays? Back in the day there were this other HD format that's dated now but blu ray does very well. Everything you can buy on dvd is available on blu ray too so when your store doesn't sell blu rays it's more of an issue of your shop and not an issue of blu rays