RussTCB

New GN'R Release Coming In 2019? **RUMOR THREAD**

Yeah there was a rumor about a live album being announced along side an announcement of them working on new music in January.  You know what they say if it sounds too good to be true...

28 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

2019 will be a quiet year for Guns.

I wonder if there maybe the odd appearance at a festival here and there?......

2 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

I wonder if there maybe the odd appearance at a festival here and there?......

That requires Axl to give a fuck 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, SoNobodyToldYaBaby said:

Huh? Playing shows is the last thing you can criticize Axl about. 

True i'm sure someone is having a wedding or Bar Mitzvah out there somewhere 

Edited by lukepowell1988

I'm optimistic for a late 2019 or 2020 release. Many of these rumours are probably bullshit, but there has been a lot of smoke for there not to be something cooking. The biggest oddity, which has already been identified, is the fact that Guns hasn't posted on official channels since New Year's, which may lend credence to some speculations of a future announcement. However, the silence could simple coincide with the fact that the tour is now over and there is nothing to talk about for a while... The latter is probably correct, though i would imagine that there would be sporadic posts here and there to keep engagement levels up.

Coming off a massively successful reunion tour that had enough original members to satisfy the older fans, Guns N' Roses would be wise not to take too much time off. 

Not quite sure how the saying goes, but it's something like "you gotta stoke the fire while it's still hot". The band can't be idle to the point where everything they accomplished over the last 2 1/2 years is forgotten. I think as long as there's something new by the end of calendar year 2019, there'd be no serious momentum lost. Even if it's just a couple of new tunes for a soundtrack....they need something to maintain interest.

• Like 2

Selfishly for me, it sucks that Slash is out there touring with Myles till July. I was hoping his tour would wrap up sooner so I can beginning drooling over prospects of another GNR tour or record release. Hahaha! 

Edited by GnR Chris
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

Coming off a massively successful reunion tour that had enough original members to satisfy the older fans, Guns N' Roses would be wise not to take too much time off. 

Not quite sure how the saying goes, but it's something like "you gotta stoke the fire while it's still hot". The band can't be idle to the point where everything they accomplished over the last 2 1/2 years is forgotten. I think as long as there's something new by the end of calendar year 2019, there'd be no serious momentum lost. Even if it's just a couple of new tunes for a soundtrack....they need something to maintain interest.

I always say you can't teach a leopard new spots. I'm afraid we'll have to burn that bridge when we come to it.

But then again maybe we shouldn't judge a book before it's hatched.

We all have opinions but if you open that can of worms then you're going to have to lie in it.

Hopefully they'll do a full 360 but at the end of the day we may be barking up the wrong horse.

• Haha 3

I'd be more excited for an AFD5 + Dizzy tour than new music.  And if they even recorded one song it would be icing on the cake. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

I'm optimistic for a late 2019 or 2020 release. Many of these rumours are probably bullshit, but there has been a lot of smoke for there not to be something cooking. The biggest oddity, which has already been identified, is the fact that Guns hasn't posted on official channels since New Year's, which may lend credence to some speculations of a future announcement. However, the silence could simple coincide with the fact that the tour is now over and there is nothing to talk about for a while... The latter is probably correct, though i would imagine that there would be sporadic posts here and there to keep engagement levels up.

The silence speaks louder than words. They might not be touring right now but they still have a social media manager sitting in an office somewhere. Why is there no engagement with the fans, no contests, no tattoo Tuesdays or whatever? That's the smoking... Gun.

6 hours ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

That's my thoughts exactly. The longer they sit and do nothing the less likely people are going to remain interested. Our attention span in the U.S. is good for a few months and that is being generous. The time to release a new album was when they were selling out stadiums, but they never seem to strike when the iron is hot. 

They should at least release a live album from the NITL tour. It would do pretty well since a lot of GNR fans buy physical copies still. That is a simple project and would be a money maker and be the first Axl and Slash GNR related album in 20 years (Live Era). It would get them back in the public eye for a while until possibly a new album in 2020. Seems like a no brainer to me, but... that probably means it won't happen. Axl had plenty of great vocal performances for them to swap some verses and stuff around. The rest of the band wouldn't need much editing and such.

It's gotten to the point where I'd be genuinely surprised if there was a new record. I get this impression that none of the trio are genuinely interested in one and that relations aren't completely rosy regarding actually getting in a room and putting stuff together. I badly want to be proved wrong however, but am putting more stock in leaks. 

9 hours ago, DK6 said:

I have zero interest in the AFD5 touring and playing the same songs until they're in their 90's. 

I think the only possible way for GNR to move forward is to write new music. 

That is now probably the only thing that is going to get me really excited.

I am just saying that would get me off more than music from this lineup. The classic band was my favorite and of all time and I just feel like they have unfinished business. They have enough songs that they haven't played and could change things around enough to keep it fresh. They could also release new music just as easily as this half a circus can. It would probably be  better too. It might take a bit longer but would be worth it to me. 

Why do I have be a part of the the most tortured fanbase in the history of music?

At least my #2 band has put out new/“new” material often since 1984. Even through addictions and tragedy. And it’s really too bad for GNR that they are often compared to Metallica. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So its only like 6-7 weeks since the last show but do you guys think Guns will head out on tour in the summer or will Guns not resurface on tour until they release a record?

2 hours ago, Edward Nygma said:

So its only like 6-7 weeks since the last show but do you guys think Guns will head out on tour in the summer or will Guns not resurface on tour until they release a record?

I feel like we'd have already heard about a summer tour by now. I'm predicting that we're not getting anything aside from a few posts on social media this year. The band always goes silent after a tour. 

• Sad 1