2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

Just now, DarkLotus1111 said:

I doubt anymore leaks will surface. Either way the rest is all instrumentals from what people are saying. It was a good run...

There's three songs left in the stash that feature Axl vocals:

• Eye On You
  • Nothing
  • Quicksong

All we need is just a little patience

• GNFNR 1

To my knowledge, no one has posted pics of this supposed "21st CD," which is odd because full pics of the 19 CDs (including inserts) have been produced from the locker.  My guess (which is completely out of the blue - i have zero knowledge of anything) is that the "21st CD" is something somebody made up to use as trade bait to try and get more songs from hoarders.  The song titles on the fabled 21st CD come from a list that someone produced from a legal document, in part.  Again, I have no info here, but it's just my guess.

1 hour ago, Arnuld said:

Random thought- Madagascar did not leak with all the stuff from CD. Is it possible that it was held back because it has different vocals? Maybe Axl did a take with cleaner sounding version? 

It's been a long strange trip with GNR but if memory serves, we had leaks on Madagascar and The Blues before they ever hit the stage for the first time.  It's possible Madagascar was a completed work at that point and ready to be released as a single.

5 minutes ago, cineater said:

It's been a long strange trip with GNR but if memory serves, we had leaks on Madagascar and The Blues before they ever hit the stage for the first time.  It's possible Madagascar was a completed work at that point and ready to be released as a single.

Not even close - both songs were debuted live in 2001, and the first leaks of both of those came in 2007. The only songs to be leaked before being played live (And before the album came out) are IRS, Better, and TWAT. 

16 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

Not even close - both songs were debuted live in 2001, and the first leaks of both of those came in 2007. The only songs to be leaked before being played live (And before the album came out) are IRS, Better, and TWAT. 

Somebody check Chinese Whispers to see what they say but I'm pretty sure they would be wrong if they said those songs did not leak before they were first performed.  Whether they were final versions I do not know.  There was a third song that went around with those two but I don't remember what it was, they weren't phone recordings either.  Back in those days, leaks were considered top secret and were only discussed behind the boards, in chat rooms and those places hopefully GNR didn't know about.

Edited by cineater

34 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

Also CITR.  Maddy definitely wasn’t leaked until after the shows in ‘06.  There was a live version called “Bloody Roses Remaster” that sounded kind of studio-ish but it was a fan mix from the ‘02 tour.

if you look at the mixtapes lists--there are 20-21 more songs with vocals--the ones with no vocals say next to the song--don't know where anyone is getting only 3 more with vocals---if true--than what a disappointment--all these years for one album and 7-8 songs with vocals???? I give up on hearing tons more tracks ever from years ago and probably the future--seems hopeless---all this constant no album/new music nonsense--anyone happy with 1 album in 26 years and a few leaked songs??

Edited by STPGNR4EVER

37 minutes ago, STPGNR4EVER said:

if you look at the mixtapes lists--there are 20-21 more songs with vocals--the ones with no vocals say next to the song--don't know where anyone is getting only 3 more with vocals---if true--than what a disappointment--all these years for one album and 7-8 songs with vocals???? I give up on hearing tons more tracks ever from years ago and probably the future--seems hopeless---all this constant no album/new music nonsense--anyone happy with 1 album in 26 years and a few leaked songs??

The people who have heard the full set have said that there are only three more songs with vocals, so it's probably a pretty safe bet that that's it. It's very likely that many of the instrumental tracks had vocals added later though, this is just one set of recordings. 

Also there is no disc 21 and song called Dragons, that was just made up as trade bait by someone.  

41 minutes ago, STPGNR4EVER said:

if you look at the mixtapes lists--there are 20-21 more songs with vocals--the ones with no vocals say next to the song--don't know where anyone is getting only 3 more with vocals---if true--than what a disappointment--all these years for one album and 7-8 songs with vocals????

Is there no reason to think that there could be more songs from 2000-2008? I mean, can we conclude that the locker CDs comprise the complete vault?

11 minutes ago, Caedo said:

The people who have heard the full set have said that there are only three more songs with vocals, so it's probably a pretty safe bet that that's it. It's very likely that many of the instrumental tracks had vocals added later though, this is just one set of recordings. 

Also there is no disc 21 and song called Dragons, that was just made up as trade bait by someone.  

There is this picture (from a legal document/contract?), originally posted elsewhere by one of the people who have/had the CDs or the song files, that was also posted a few pages back in this thread and there is a song titled Dragon in it:

p3Vc9N0.jpg

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

There is this picture (from a legal document/contract?), originally posted elsewhere by one of the people who have/had the CDs or the song files, that was also posted a few pages back in this thread and there is a song titled Dragon in it:

p3Vc9N0.jpg

Yeah I saw that but I'd say those songs would be from other studio sessions, not in the set that was sold from the storage locker. I could be totally wrong, but that's just what I've heard from multiple people who have heard everything on the CD's (I haven't obviously). To be honest I have no idea what the backstory to that piece of paper is. 

3 minutes ago, Caedo said:

Yeah I saw that but I'd say those songs would be from other studio sessions, not in the set that was sold from the storage locker. I could be totally wrong, but that's just what I've heard from multiple people who have heard everything on the CD's (I haven't obviously). To be honest I have no idea what the backstory to that piece of paper is. 

Yeah, I'm curious about this document, too. The person who originally posted the picture didn't give any information on what it is and where it came from.

I keep thinking of the cool piece of music between the intro video and the excorcist sample from HOB / Rio shows, that'll be in there somewhere I'm.sure. 

Thing is with these discs, if you jump forward to 2002 youll have vocals on some of the tracks, some will be forgotten about and there'd be some new ones. Jump forward to 2006 and imagine the discs etc. Atlas probably would've been rerecorded about five times by then. Imagine RTBs mix of atlas and catcher. Imagine having the equivalent of these discs from each era. Sadly after 2006 I'm not that interested, all that work undone with Frank and bumble being added. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Yeah, I'm curious about this document, too. The person who originally posted the picture didn't give any information on what it is and where it came from.

I'd say it could be fake but the aged look of the paper and all the different bits of official-looking text at the top make me think it's real. 

Edited by Caedo

42 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

p3Vc9N0.jpg

Where's Perhaps, or do we think it is really PRL?

•