2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

I just got to the Tommy Demo #1. Can someone refresh for me, maybe I'm getting it confused. I feel like this track sounds familiar, so was there an instrumental version of this song but under a different name somewhere else in these leaks? I don't know, the instrumentation sounds familiar, but maybe everything here is just starting to sound similar.

• GNFNR 1

3 hours ago, gunsfanoldie said:

I just got to the Tommy Demo #1. Can someone refresh for me, maybe I'm getting it confused. I feel like this track sounds familiar, so was there an instrumental version of this song but under a different name somewhere else in these leaks? I don't know, the instrumentation sounds familiar, but maybe everything here is just starting to sound similar.

When I first heard it, I thought I had heard it before, too. I could not figure it out, but the guitar and drums sound familiar to me. 

29 minutes ago, kever20 said:

When I first heard it, I thought I had heard it before, too. I could not figure it out, but the guitar and drums sound familiar to me. 

From the master list I guess I'm wrong. I thought maybe it would be like Three Dollar Pyramid that was Better just under a different name. I thought it was one of the other instrumentals in here with Tommy's vocals but I guess not.

18 hours ago, jimisbatman said:

Listened to first half of my 2000 Intentions album this morning, and it was so much fun. Last year's leaks were awesome.

Omg,  prostitute, and

Josh versions of:Madagascar, Blues, CD. 

Soooo good

Oh My God was not part of these leaks if you were referring to the 2019 Village sessions (songs from 2000-2001) that leaked. With OMG there's the 1999 single, and the oddly mixed one that leaked 5 or so years ago with Bumblefoot, and Bucket in parts as well. 

18 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

The drums are the least impressive part of CD (leaks or album) no matter whose playing imo.

I really enjoyed Brain's playing, and Josh too. Frank, I like more than most, but prefer Brain over all else. 

• 2 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, anchel2 said:

One question please...

How many songs (leaks, official) with Josh Freese playing drums do we have??

Ones that come to my mind:

Official: Oh My God

From the Village leaks: Rhiad, The Blues, Atlas Shrugged, & Chinese Democracy 

I'm sure I missed others. Some are labeled "old Josh drums" or "old Beavan mix" or something like that. Others may not be labeled.

Josh was one hell of a drummer, I wish they kept some of his complete performances on more official releases. 

IMO Brain was the best (most skilled) drummer GN'R ever had, much like I feel with Buckethead. I wish we had a solid two records with those two all over it, we still may, depending on what the next album looks (or sounds, rather) like.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Ones that come to my mind:

Official: Oh My God

From the Village leaks: Rhiad, The Blues, Atlas Shrugged, & Chinese Democracy 

I'm sure I missed others. Some are labeled "old Josh drums" or "old Beavan mix" or something like that. Others may not be labeled.

Josh was one hell of a drummer, I wish they kept some of his complete performances on more official releases. 

IMO Brain was the best (most skilled) drummer GN'R ever had, much like I feel with Buckethead. I wish we had a solid two records with those two all over it, we still may, depending on what the next album looks (or sounds, rather) like.

Also Madagascar ("New Brain Drums" Village disc) and SCOM '99.

As a side note... Brain's drumming on Madagascar is way better than Josh's.

• Like 1

My bad if this has already been mentioned, but I rewatched the Prometheus movie today and noticed that the outro music during the credits is the piano track from the beginning of Zodiac 13. It’s also played briefly during the movie too. Thought it was a cool find.

Apparently it’s called Raindrop by Chopin

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

My bad if this has already been mentioned, but I rewatched the Prometheus movie today and noticed that the outro music during the credits is the piano track from the beginning of Zodiac 13. It’s also played briefly during the movie too. Thought it was a cool find.

Apparently it’s called Raindrop by Chopin

Nice find! I'll have to check that song or movie out.

Does anyone else find the leaks too convenient and too much of a coincidence to not seem intentional? 

+ If I recall correctly, there was not a single song leaked that was not later played on the 2006 tour cycle (2006 leaks).

+ The various demos with band members not included in the official release is cool but what is anyone going to do with it?

+ The Brain remixes might be the best thing leaked.  I wouldn't think it would be possible to make the Chinese Democracy songs "cool" but those remixes nailed it.  What is lost by having those out there?  It's a remix?  Anybody can remix a song, right? 

+ Even the 2018(?) leak of the massive collection of Chinese Democracy demos and other music (15 CDs worth).  No matter how you slice it, I'm not convinced that pre-reunion tracks and recordings have as much value now that Slash and Duff are back and working on new material.  Even the unreleased complete songs (Atlas Shrugged, Going Down, Hard School, I probably forgot some) would likely be re-recorded before they would release them, if at all.  

I know leaks are a very sensitive topic, especially for the management of the band.  I don't know of any other band that has more leaked and in greater variety that what ends up being officially released.  So weird.  

Edited by Spike Killer

1 hour ago, BigVanVader said:

Does anyone else find the leaks too convenient and too much of a coincidence to not seem intentional? 

+ If I recall correctly, there was not a single song leaked that was not later played on the 2006 tour cycle (2006 leaks).

Catcher In The Rye wasn't played, and clearly sounded different from the rest. The rest seemed planned.

6 hours ago, BigVanVader said:

+ The various demos with band members not included in the official release is cool but what is anyone going to do with it?

+ The Brain remixes might be the best thing leaked.  I wouldn't think it would be possible to make the Chinese Democracy songs "cool" but those remixes nailed it.  What is lost by having those out there?  It's a remix?  Anybody can remix a song, right? 

+ Even the 2018(?) leak of the massive collection of Chinese Democracy demos and other music (15 CDs worth).  No matter how you slice it, I'm not convinced that pre-reunion tracks and recordings have as much value now that Slash and Duff are back and working on new material.  Even the unreleased complete songs (Atlas Shrugged, Going Down, Hard School, I probably forgot some) would likely be recorded before they would release them, if at all.  

I know leaks are a very sensitive topic, especially for the management of the band.  I don't know of any other band that has more leaked and in greater variety that what ends up being officially released.  So weird.  

Agreed. I've always found the whole leak business to be somewhat....strange.

The fact that they started rehearsing Hardschool right after it leaked? After so many years of no activity and no new music, a new song is leaked and then rehearsed at almost the same time? Seems quite a coincidence...

• Like 1