ATLAS SHRUGGED - Full Leak Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

5 minutes ago, default_ said:

I think the deal with Ezrin saying there were 2 good songs was, at least listening to the product we have, it was never going to hit mainstream. Songs might be good for people used to underground music, but none of CD or the unreleased tracks weve listened so far has any appeal to mainstream. None of it could ever be a new SCOM, Jungle or NR. And thats what these people wanted from the band. 

This and getting Slash back. 

Well said. I would add that Ezrin has writing credits on pretty much every record he's ever produced, including The Wall. I think he is used to challenging the artists work to open them up to his writing input, as a way to get himself some writing credit royalties on hit albums. (back when writing royalties were big money)

1 minute ago, soon said:

Well said. I would add that Ezrin has writing credits on pretty much every record he's ever produced, including The Wall. I think he is used to challenging the artists work to open them up to his writing input, as a way to get himself some writing credit royalties on hit albums. (back when writing royalties were big money)

Bingo. What producer didn't want to be the one who'd be responsible for GNR's creative return?  Too bad what he said apparently got into Axl's head, putting the music in limbo for 8 more years. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, default_ said:

I think the best we can do at this point is forget about "holy grails". Atlas used to be so anticipated and one of the "big guns", the next November Rain (as a journalist described, November Rain meets 70s glam) and with the last leaks we can clearly see theres nothing ground breaking. No November Rain, no Estranged. 
Bach said The General is a heavy, almost doom song, we'll probably be disappointed by Axls take on a generic Doom Metal track. 

Oh, and if we follow the pattern, doom metal was also a trend on underground metal in the 90s. Axl is always late to the party. 

You mentioned NR, you think that the demo of November Rain has something to compare with the released one?

12 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Listened to Atlas again, I still can't hear a song. The intro is the best part, then it's going nowhere fast. It's like a weak mishmash of Yesterdays and Catcher. And I definately hear Sweet home Alabama in there. :D

If they come out with that as a single it should come in that fucking laundry back with the surprise hat for free.

I agree in a sense...doesn't "flow" very well, just more of a "mixed bag." Not a horrible song, but I see why it didn't make the cut for CD.

8 minutes ago, Lethalis said:

Imagine waiting 10+ years to hear the "big gun" Atlas Shrugged and then finally hearing this leak.

I mailed the link from my phone to my work pc because it didn't work on my phone. Clicked like a friggin nervous rat on that download button until it finally worked... then mailed the mp3 back to my phone so I could listen to the song in the car on my way home.

Fuck knows why. It's horrible.

A grower my ass.

I wish I heard these leaks 10 years ago, would have saved me a lot of time on this message board lol.

Sorry if this offends anyone... I don't want to be negative all the time, but my God.

:shrugs:

10 minutes ago, Lethalis said:

Imagine waiting 10+ years to hear the "big gun" Atlas Shrugged and then finally hearing this leak.

I mailed the link from my phone to my work pc because it didn't work on my phone. Clicked like a friggin nervous rat on that download button until it finally worked... then mailed the mp3 back to my phone so I could listen to the song in the car on my way home.

A grower my ass.

I wish I heard these leaks 10 years ago, would have saved me a lot of time on this message board lol.

Sorry if this offends anyone... I don't want to be negative all the time, but my God.

Ladies and gentlemen................... the vocal minority! :lol:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

And you know what the ''mystery t-shirt and hat'' will be, don't you? It'll be a way for Fernando to offload all the unsold Fly GNAir tat.

Son of a bitch. I bet you're 100% right on the money.

6 minutes ago, Gnrfan2001 said:

Do you really want to hurt me?

Do you really want to make me cry?

Ah yes, Culture Club. Yet ANOTHER great band who's produced more new music in the past 30 years than GN'R.

12 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Ladies and gentlemen................... the vocal minority! :lol:

It's slowly growing on me. Just wish the vocals were clear and up front. 

Check out all dem lurkers down there. That's a lot of fuckers who'd rather drop a ton on a Chinese box than AFD gimmick 

Edited by Jordan Rose
  • Like 1

this songs a mess, and OBVIOUSLY incomplete, the downside to leaks I supposed. Someone should send it to Izzy ;)

..oh well, better than nothing :)

..isnt it sad when some unfinished GnR is better than pretty much EVERYTHING no the charts, with the exclusion of Tool of course..:) 

Edited by ASLayerAODsk

21 minutes ago, Lethalis said:

A grower my ass.

It is a rough demo of a work in progress song, I think that expectations for this in the case of some people are a bit high.

People get this idea of the phrase "big gun" in their head and think that their listening experience will be 10x that of November Rain while drinking the best single malt scotch on Christmas Day,  when in reality it is just a song - and in this case a song that is not properly mixed, not finished recording, and might be way more fully fleshed out by the time Bumble got to working on it in 2007

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

It is a rough demo of a work in progress song, I think that expectations for this in the case of some people are a bit high.

People get this idea of the phrase "big gun" in their head and think that their listening experience will be 10x that of November Rain while drinking the best single malt scotch on Christmas Day,  when in reality it is just a song - and in this case a song that is not properly mixed, not finished recording, and might be way more fully fleshed out by the time Bumble got to working on it in 2007

Good shout. But tbf we're all listening and posting in real time as we figure shit out. No other hardcore fans of a high profile artist have ever had to deal with what we have. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

When I read about all the mystique that surrounded Chinese Democracy once upon a time, I was very intrigued and imagined this album full of songs on par with November Rain and Estranged.

Axl was going to show the world he didn't need Izzy, Slash or Duff... or anyone really.

I liked that idea... and from there it could only go south of course.

Because the reality is:

1. Most artists write their best songs in the beginning of their career.

2. The sound you came to love was a band effort. No solo effort is going to match that.

3. The media like to create hype, because they live of it (advertising income). Nothing of it is actually real.

I just fell for it I guess... I wanted to believe.

I'm stupid :-)

But alas... I learned. Not just with Axl and Guns N Roses btw. Artists create this hype all the time and then when you finally hear or see something it just can't live up to any of it.

Anyways... I saw Guns N Roses last year at a concert, had a blast... so I'm still thankful they are around and wish them the best. I really do.

But new music? Forget about it. It will never live up to the classics on AFD or UYI.

I might be wrong, but I remember BBF saying that right up until the album was wrapped he was trying to somehow squeeze Atlas into CD, but couldn't. That means there must be a FINISHED Atlas somewhere in Axl's vault.

My money is on it being exactly the same vocal take with re-recorded drums, extra layers of sound on top, clips of Malcolm X speeches, Andean condors squawking in the distance, and Ron's rushed noodling replacing Brian's work. But who knows, it might end up being the only song with vocals we know of so far that actually evolved somewhere between 1999 and 2008.

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

A big song doesn't need a big production. 

Proof: November Rain acoustic demo, or the piano version. Bad quality sound, very high quality song