MYGNRFORUM YouTube Policy

3 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

Honestly have no idea

They're 'whatever Axl thinks'.

Changed from 'extreme right wing' to 'left-wing' as soon as Axl started talking politics in the last few years. 

Edit: Forgot to mention though that he hasn't left his 'extreme right wing' thoughts entirely behind - he's happy to mock up extremely racist pictures of non-white forum members and post them around. That's apparently totally acceptable. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 3

whatever happened to Axl's point of view of fans first such as in the song Get in The ring 

You be rippin' off the fuckin' kids
While they be payin' their hard earned money to read about the bands they want to know about
Printin' lies, startin' controversy
You want to antagonize me? antagonize me motherfucker!
Get in the ring motherfucker! and I'll kick your bitchy little ass! punk!!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

Management as in Fernando?? So in other words, he thinks that a unrelated person discussing a recent bank robbery is as bad as the person who actually committed the bank robbery? A unrelated person discussing a recent murder is as bad as the person who committed the murder and will face the same legal punishment? What a douche. And in more other words, it is clearly Guns N' Roses, who is behind and appreciates all take downs, even though they don't have the balls to publicly state that on all of their web presences.

I would be careful with the deductions you're making.  Having a wonky or dubious grasp on legal responsibility or liability doesn't necessary equate complicity in the video takedowns.

Everyone is welcome to their own opinion, but here is mine on the matter.  

I truly do not believe that GNR, Universal, or members of GNR management are behind the rash of video takedowns and copyright complaints.  From a financial and PR perspective it would make no sense.  

Unless things have really come off the rails, you don't ask for people to post concert videos taken on a cell phone to Instagram and other social media platforms at the same time you're coordinating or supporting nutjobs and degenerates to take those very same videos down. 

As much as anyone might take with the decisions GNR and management makes with respect to everything else, it's difficult to see or believe that this new normal is the work of, or has tacit approval of, anyone connected with GNR.  My opinion is based on what I see in front of me along with my what I've been able to discern and infer in my brief and infrequent communications with GNR management (which, at this point, are nonexistent as a result of our last communications).  

If there's any blame to be levelled towards GNR concerting this matter it should directed at how little concern or effort is publicly demonstrated about what's been going on.  

The reality is that those suspected of taking down videos through abusing the copyright system are known to members of TB.  There's a level of protection for one of them, as has been evident on GNR's official fan forum.  There was also shelter provided to one of the suspected individuals way back when GNR ran that weird paradisecity.com platform (I still have no idea what exactly that site was suppose to be about).

Undoubtedly there's a lot of smoke about this issue that GNR does nothing to help clear up.  But we have to be careful about saying that the fire is definite and unequivocal.  I might have a bit more exposure to all of this than most (and I emphasis the bit part of this statement), but even knowing what I know I still feel uncomfortable accusing TB, GNR or anyone officially connected to the band as having a hand on the wheel when it comes to all of this.  

31 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

What are Mojo's political beliefs

Whatever Axl's are.  

• GNFNR 1

5 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

They're 'whatever Axl thinks'.

Changed from 'extreme right wing' to 'left-wing' as soon as Axl started talking politics in the last few years. 

Edit: Forgot to mention though that he hasn't left his 'extreme right wing' thoughts entirely behind - he's happy to mock up extremely racist pictures of non-white forum members and post them around. That's apparently totally acceptable. 

anyone that wrote one in a million with red hair and is from indiana, is gonna be tough to counter 

although he seems like he's all left wing with his political tweets, the guy is trying to act popular with some sort of counter culture approach that is obviously fake 

he is as Trump as they come, make the $ and shut the fuck up 

• Haha 1

I don't really understand why people are so up in arms about videos of sub-par performances being taken down.

The entitlement of people these days is insane. Just because you can take your phone in to a show and make a shitty video of a band's performance doesn't mean you have any right to that video or to share it online. It's quite the opposite really. By you buying a ticket, they have the right to record you and use your likeness.

This is really nothing new with any band. If you upload a video of you talking in your room and a song by any given band is playing in the background, theres a good chance that video will be taken down. Add in the likeness of the band at a performance and what do you expect?

And to be clear, I think most things this band and their management do these days is total bullshit but I just don't get all the rage on this topic, regardless of which individuals from which forums are involved, etc etc.

Edited by Stiff Competition

9 hours ago, action said:

I agree with downzy, but would also like to add that not only is downzy at risk of civili litigation: so is everyone else posting or discussing unlicensed videos (because this proves that you own unlicensed videos / music).

if Tb wanted, they could pretty much pick any number of board members, and decide to go for them too.

Discussing unlicensed music isn't really proof you own anything. You could've heard it at a friend's house, in a night club, on the radio etc.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Using Team Brazil logic, you would be committing an illegal act discussing the Illusion stuff before September 1991!

The argument was that because we allowed for discussion we were somehow responsible for further dissemination of the leaks.

I might buy that argument if this was the only place on the web where people were allowed to discuss the band.

What further undermines that argument that at the same time we were allowing people to discuss the leaks, so too was Reddit, where Fernando was all to happy to post during this period.  

It's nonsense.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

although he seems like he's all left wing with his political tweets, the guy is trying to act popular with some sort of counter culture approach that is obviously fake 

Ive seen him oppose trump and co. That doesnt make someone "left wing" nor "counter culture" though.:shrugs:

Conversation for a different thread of course. :) 

7 hours ago, Stiff Competition said:

I don't really understand why people are so up in arms about videos of sub-par performances being taken down.

The entitlement of people these days is insane. Just because you can take your phone in to a show and make a shitty video of a band's performance doesn't mean you have any right to that video or to share it online. It's quite the opposite really. By you buying a ticket, they have the right to record you and use your likeness.

This is really nothing new with any band. If you upload a video of you talking in your room and a song by any given band is playing in the background, theres a good chance that video will be taken down. Add in the likeness of the band at a performance and what do you expect?

And to be clear, I think most things this band and their management do these days is total bullshit but I just don't get all the rage on this topic, regardless of which individuals from which forums are involved, etc etc.

From a purely technical standpoint you are correct.  No one has the authority to attend a concert, film portions, and then post on video sharing platform and expect they have the right to do so from a legal understanding.

The problem is that society as a whole has sort of moved on from what is technically legal or not.  For most people and bands sharing short clips of concert footage is part and parcel of enjoying live music.  Most people over 30 don't get it and would prefer people to put down their phones during concerts.  But a vast a majority of concert attendees and bands alike have now accepted this as a standard element of the fan experience.  Hell, someone at GNR even agrees with this new standard as it was only a few weeks or a month ago that they were asking people to tag GNR in their social media posts.

It's also incredibly short-sighted.  There are a lot of people who became fans of the band and later went on to spend a lot of money because they came across a clip on YouTube.  It's a way to reach a new generation and generate more revenue.  It keeps the fanbase engaged.  For younger fans who weren't around during the classic era, it gives them an opportunity to see what it was like when GNR was firing on all cylinders.

No one is making the argument that fans have the implicit or explicit right or entitlement to do whatever they want with their concert videos.  Most of us still living a society of laws and protections for copyright holders.  But when you look across the board and see what 99 percent of live acts are doing to embrace social media for the benefit of themselves and their fans, you start shaking your head when you see what GNR fans have to go through. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

So, in theory, Axl putting out a statement saying "I want fans to be able to freely share videos of our shows online" would go a long way to sway Walker to stop doing his takedowns

It doesn't seem to be that simple, as GNR social media asked people to upload their videos. The taking down still went on.

2 minutes ago, derekness said:

Same here. Very hard to believe he knows the exact details 

Who cares if he knows the exact details? If he (or anyone within the camp) is privy to it in any way shape or form he (they) should be helping his fans. We aren't harming gnr by discussing fan filmed footage, and nobody here is responsible for leaking his 20yr old songs. We're not the enemy, it's absolutely crazy to decide your fans are the enemy because they get excited about what he's currently doing, or for hearing obscure music that he himself talked about ON THIS FORUM. You can't tease us with song titles and then expect us to ignore the leaks when those very same songs are easily found online. 

Gahhhhh!!! This is the exact shit that has stopped me coming here so regularly. I'm so glad I listen to other bands that treat their fans with respect, both in person and online. I love the back and forth between users, especially when someone has a different point of view! it's fun arguing over pointless gnr trivia... maybe the rest of you, that have moved to the suburbs of mygnr are right, this big city life doesn't suit me anymore :P 

Just now, downzy said:

I initially said I assume so, but I think that's wrong.

I think the people who do this do it not because they think they're supporting Axl or the band or want to ingratiate themselves for whatever stupid reason.  Perhaps initially some saw what happened to Jarmo and thought they could do something similar and end up in the same position.  

But I think what's happened over time is that these individuals have become increasingly ostracized from the online fan community to the point where they only want to watch it burn.  Whether it helps GNR or not (and it doesn't help them, trust me) doesn't matter at this point.  What matters most is fucking over others and places (like this one) because they're no longer welcomed to the party.  

So perhaps a statement from Axl might help, but I don't think it really addresses the motivations as to why these clowns continue to act like they do.  

Exactly, that would be my idea too at this point. It's not about the videos. The videos are merely a means, not a target. The real target is the forum.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Then what purpose is this site? 

I mean, unless something new comes out, do you need to talk about Eye on you again? Or Prostitute (shacklers drum 1.5 db) again? I love this band, but even with the leaks its not like we have too much to talk about. But, as downzy has pointed out, my suggestion isn't a good idea, and I conceded that

GNR need to Dump Fernando and get Q Prime.

Metallica treats its fans the best out of any band I am a fan of. Other then Lynyrd Skynyrd

Mojo gets his power from all the middle age women who follow him.

I have a hunch that TB is doing this so they don't have another Dimebag or Lennon situation unless Mojo and Walker get sent to a mental institution we will never be rid of them.

Edited by Gibsonfender2323

34 minutes ago, downzy said:

I would be careful with the deductions you're making.  Having a wonky or dubious grasp on legal responsibility or liability doesn't necessary equate complicity in the video takedowns.

Everyone is welcome to their own opinion, but here is mine on the matter.  

I truly do not believe that GNR, Universal, or members of GNR management are behind the rash of video takedowns and copyright complaints.  From a financial and PR perspective it would make no sense. 

Then why don't they stop it?? If none of them is behind it/supporting it, then it should be a matter of a couple of calls to put an end to that. But the fact that they don't, but also lump people who merely talk about the leaks into the same category speaks a clear language. They want total control about what is out there and what is talked about.

8 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I agree but downzy is totally right in saying that we can't be 100% certain. 

ok, but really this is a bit too forgiving or protective to the principal culprits and their vengefulness towards this site, it is implausible to believe that a couple dimwit fans could have such authority on their own for the take downs ---- i understand GNR has deep pockets but lets be realistic 

• Like 1