Jump to content
Gimpy Hewitt

GNR Announce Miami 2020 Super Bowl Fest Show

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, axlvai said:

Waitin for the sale too. Im blufin 😂

I learned with the LnL.

If that UYI blu-ray set came with a USB stick and some temporary tattoos, I'd pay 1500:headbang::lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/9/2019 at 6:33 PM, RussTCB said:

 

Elvis and MJ. 

I did get to see MJ, but only once. I'd easily pay $400 for him. I never got to see Elvis of course, so I'd pay that for him too. 

I got to see MJ last 2 concerts at MSG he did with his brothers and a lot of guest stars including slash.  Next morning was September 11th, 2001 ..

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm glad this isn't actually the Halftime Show.   The only way I'd like to hear them do the halftime show would be if Axl rehearsed his voice, which he doesn't really do anymore...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be fair, it costs $1250 to be 8th row for Maroon 5 the day after.

EDIT: Also not surprisingly, DJ Khaled’s show is the cheapest and is selling the worst.

Edited by andrew032302

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

It is disgusting how live entertainment has now become an exclusive bragging rights club for the upper class. Fucking concert tickets require a damn credit card now for the most part

Glad I saw almost everyone I wanted to see

It's obscene, I agree. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

It is disgusting how live entertainment has now become an exclusive bragging rights club for the upper class. Fucking concert tickets require a damn credit card now for the most part

Glad I saw almost everyone I wanted to see

Could not agree more. Any "established act" is exactly what you said: a bragging rights competition for the well to do. It has absolutely nothing to do with the music. 

About 5 years ago, I switched over to just seeing bands on the come up. I still pay $20-$30 per show and I see most bands before they become huge and charge 5 - 10 times that. 

I saw Fun for free at St Andrew's Hall right after Some Nights was released, but before it blew up. I saw Adele at the Royal Oak Music Theater for $25 again, right after 21 was released but before it blew up. Similar stories for Leon Bridges, Gotye and Nathaniel Rateliff & The Nightsweats. 

It takes a lot for me to pay more than $50 these days. It has to be someone I really like. For example, I paid more than $50 for Kelly Clarkson on her tour last year, but that's because I love every song but one on her latest album. 

Other than a few rare exceptions, I just see newer artists for way cheaper. I've been a lot happier since I switched over to that concert plan. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Could not agree more. Any "established act" is exactly what you said: a bragging rights competition for the well to do. It has absolutely nothing to do with the music. 

About 5 years ago, I switched over to just seeing bands on the come up. I still pay $20-$30 per show and I see most bands before they become huge and charge 5 - 10 times that. 

I saw Fun for free at St Andrew's Hall right after Some Nights was released, but before it blew up. I saw Adele at the Royal Oak Music Theater for $25 again, right after 21 was released but before it blew up. Similar stories for Leon Bridges, Gotye and Nathaniel Rateliff & The Nightsweats. 

It takes a lot for me to pay more than $50 these days. It has to be someone I really like. For example, I paid more than $50 for Kelly Clarkson on her tour last year, but that's because I love every song but one on her latest album. 

Other than a few rare exceptions, I just see newer artists for way cheaper. I've been a lot happier since I switched over to that concert plan. 

Im so jealous you were at that Adele show. My ex liked her then and  I'll forever regret that one.

Anyways, I agree. I'm grateful I have seen all the big active arena and stadium acts I've wanted to. I might do a big show or two a year, but its no fun anymore

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/10/2019 at 10:18 AM, Sausagebrain said:

Cool. 

 

Maybe Duff's beloved Seahawks will be there too. (Pity about Axl's Raiders though, eh?) 

 

GnR has the brand strength and the cross generation appeal that would make them perfect for the actual SB half time show. 

 

Maybe the organisers are scared that they would do something naughty? 

The opposite is true in reality. GnR, safe. Safe, middle aged rich men who are very strict when it comes to their millions. The NFL producers, lol, would be disappointed in how strict, demanding in over security, time frame, everuthing AxlSlashDuff and their operation is.  1989, 1990, 1987, hell no, but thise days ate long gone.                                                 GnR would be a good , family safe,loud  energetic half-time show. Welcome TTJ, watered down version in lyrics.  Song ftom The Terminator. SCofMine, NovemberRain with Axl rising  up with piano. .  Lights, lasers, dancers .   Slash solo. Black top hats lighted images on the audience, whatever that is called, yep. 

Edited by Amaya

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/9/2019 at 6:34 PM, Draguns said:

Did you not   read this sentence? 

Such pre-recorded performances for the Super Bowl's halftime shows and national anthem have been commonplace since the 1990s; the NFL has confirmed this as standard practice.

It clearly states half time shows. There are articles as well, which state that music artists lip sync for both the anthem and halftime show. 

True. GnR would like that so much, like, why not do that in concert .   But seriously, yes. It is prerecorded.    Why? Does anyone know why?  I just always assumed because of the time limit which is 15 mins and cannot be  a second over.  Their us the performer, but all of the dancers, lasers lights pyro, etc timed to the second. The big game half time shown live cannot have any glitches, error, sound issues, performer coughing, sneezing, nothing like that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Amaya said:

True. GnR would like that so much, like, why not do that in concert .   But seriously, yes. It is prerecorded.    Why? Does anyone know why?  I just always assumed because of the time limit which is 15 mins and cannot be  a second over.  Their us the performer, but all of the dancers, lasers lights pyro, etc timed to the second. The big game half time shown live cannot have any glitches, error, sound issues, performer coughing, sneezing, nothing like that. 

I would imagine it's due to time constraints. From my own recent experience regarding a panel discussion that my colleague and I created and organized, I can say that one of the speakers went a minute over her allotted speaking time. It affected the coffee break for networking and then the second portion of the event we had. Once when you plan an event we had or a much larger event like the SB, you have to have every  minute accounted for. 

I would also imagine that the NFL is afraid of bad performances. Pink wasn't feeling well the day of the Super Bowl. Since her vocals were prerecorded, she was still able to go out and lip sing to the national anthem. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Draguns said:

I would imagine it's due to time constraints. From my own recent experience regarding a panel discussion that my colleague and I created and organized, I can say that one of the speakers went a minute over her allotted speaking time. It affected the coffee break for networking and then the second portion of the event we had. Once when you plan an event we had or a much larger event like the SB, you have to have every  minute accounted for. 

I would also imagine that the NFL is afraid of bad performances. Pink wasn't feeling well the day of the Super Bowl. Since her vocals were prerecorded, she was still able to go out and lip sing to the national anthem. 

Adam Levine didn't lip sync last year and he sounded terrible. Not that I'm a big Maroon 5 fan but, to me it was worse than full Mickey Axl.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Gnrcane said:

Adam Levine didn't lip sync last year and he sounded terrible. Not that I'm a big Maroon 5 fan but, to me it was worse than full Mickey Axl.

Agreed. He seemed out of it to me, like he was heavily medicated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, we're getting close to this show now. 

Predictions on how it will go? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

OK, we're getting close to this show now. 

Predictions on how it will go? 

I don’t know. Maybe Axl will finally Hardschool me in the ass, for once!

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

I don’t know. Maybe Axl will finally Hardschool me in the ass, for once!

I really, really hope they bother busting out a new song or two. I'm totally down with it being Hard School, though I must say, I'd rather it a title change. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

OK, we're getting close to this show now. 

Predictions on how it will go? 

Like this:

It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Chinese Democracy
Welcome To The Jungle
Double Talkin' Jive
Better
Estranged
Live And Let Die
Slither
Rocket Queen
You Could Be Mine
Shadow Of Your Love
You Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory/Attitude
Civil War
Coma
Blues Jam/Sweet Child O' Mine
Wichita Lineman
Wish You Were Here
November Rain
Knockin' On Heavens Door
Nightrain

ENCORE:

Don't Cry

The Seeker 

Paradise City 

  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SAU3R said:

Like this:

It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Chinese Democracy
Welcome To The Jungle
Double Talkin' Jive
Better
Estranged
Live And Let Die
Slither
Rocket Queen
You Could Be Mine
Shadow Of Your Love
You Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory/Attitude
Civil War
Coma
Blues Jam/Sweet Child O' Mine
Wichita Lineman
Wish You Were Here
November Rain
Knockin' On Heavens Door
Nightrain

ENCORE:

Don't Cry

The Seeker 

Paradise City 

You're probably so right :/

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

You're probably so right :/

Sadly, most likely 100% correct. Oh well. Still should be a fun night. Couldn't pass it up, being local to S. FL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is the Miami show billed as one of the “all new show” shows? 
If so, we’ll probably get a good taste of what’s in store for the next 2 years or so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jacdaniel said:

Is the Miami show billed as one of the “all new show” shows? 
If so, we’ll probably get a good taste of what’s in store for the next 2 years or so.

No. Just billed as a show for the Super Bowl Fest. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, tman636 said:

Sadly, most likely 100% correct. Oh well. Still should be a fun night. Couldn't pass it up, being local to S. FL.

Right on. If the show were here in Detroit, I'd probably go too. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, tman636 said:

Sadly, most likely 100% correct. Oh well. Still should be a fun night. Couldn't pass it up, being local to S. FL.

Yep, I even fly to Prague from Western Germany, I can't resist when the come around 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/10/2019 at 3:48 PM, Gavin82 said:

The Stones just did the same with there prices in USA some pit tixs were over €1000 crazy

When they played Cardiff last year 8 of my m8s walked in thru main gates some rep from the Stadium just came over & asked how many in group 8 was said he handed over 8 PIT tixs FV around  £500GBP for FREE just cos no 1 was in the PIT

#TRUESTORY

The Stones pit tickets for last years tour weren’t that much unless you got it as part of a VIP package - if I remember right a pit ticket on its own was about $500. Still expensive yes, but not even close to €1000. And even so, the Stones give plenty of opportunities to get cheap tickets nowadays with the Lucky Dip tickets. So until GN’R starts doing some similar system to that, I really don’t see how they can be compared to the Stones. 

On 12/16/2019 at 7:19 PM, ZoSoRose said:

It is disgusting how live entertainment has now become an exclusive bragging rights club for the upper class. Fucking concert tickets require a damn credit card now for the most part

Glad I saw almost everyone I wanted to see

It’s not to late to make Iron Maiden your favorite band ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×