Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

On 9/12/2019 at 4:28 AM, LovelessNL said:

And I dont see why you should fire Frank, sure some people dislike his style. But what is there to gain? Its not like there is another drummer readily available who can play the catalogue and doesn't mind keeping himself available for whenever the GNR train starts rolling again.

There are probably 100 viable drummers that would jump at the chance and fit the band's style better. 

22 hours ago, Eddie Money said:

Here.  I was always a fan and not the real guy.  I’m think about changing my username now that he’s gone.  

LOL for a moment there, I was too wondering if we would see you again, insider information and all. ;) You shouldn't change your name, add something, if you want to acknowledge/espect his death. I mean, you're still a fan after all.

Edited by PatrickS77

On 13.9.2019 at 9:58 PM, janrichmond said:

I don't think anyone seriously thought he was the real one. 

Why not? The first time I heard of somebody called Eddie Money was on this board. Oddly enough it turned out, that I did know his 2 signature song without ever knowing who Eddie Money is.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Why not? The first time I heard of somebody called Eddie Money was on this board. Oddly enough it turned out, that I did know his 2 signature song without ever knowing who Eddie Money is.

I didn't know who he was either. He also said several times that he was just a fan.

I don't know his songs, well, i don't think i know them

2 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

He also said several times that he was just a fan.

Hmm. I must have missed that. But just that fact that he seems to have insider information made it plausible that he was more than a fan. But whatever. It's clear now. ;)

3 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

I don't know his songs, well, i don't think i know them

I'm sure you know "Take me home tonight". I immediatly recognized it.

12 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

There are probably 100 viable drummers that would jump at the chance and fit the band's style better. 

I doubt it. Its not only about the drumming itself, but also about knowing the catalog, and being able to make yourself available to the band's shenanigans. Which can either be nothing for years and then suddenly touring around the world for 2 - 3 years straight.

55 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

I see the Seahawks logo but it also looks like a Raiders helmet hanging there. 

Ha. Good catch. Assumedly for Axl. Know Dizzy’s a Broncos fan. Not sure about the others. I would guess Slash is a Rams fan at this point, but who knows...

On 9/16/2019 at 2:01 PM, Tom-Ass said:

Absolutely

On 9/17/2019 at 3:20 AM, LovelessNL said:

I doubt it. Its not only about the drumming itself, but also about knowing the catalog, and being able to make yourself available to the band's shenanigans. Which can either be nothing for years and then suddenly touring around the world for 2 - 3 years straight.

Well if you put in the time you can learn the catalog, and their schedule is planned far enough in advance that those guys know what's going on. I'll go ahead and say that if I was offered the chance to play for GnR I would drop everything and go do it. I know the catalog too.

• Like 1