Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

15 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

As in if a fan infringed on anything owned by the band, like bought or shared bootlegs? :lol:

Go ask that famous bootlegger about what would happen to him if he shares those new Paris tapes to the public. :facepalm:

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

IDK about you guys, but I find suspicious that they come up with this literally a day or two after that @RecipeForDisaster84 talked about them ripping off his Coachella fan art.

I bet that if you post your design in their contest explaining what happened, you’ll win. It’s too much of a coincidence to me :lol:

Agreed, too much coincidence......😑

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

IDK about you guys, but I find suspicious that they come up with this literally a day or two after that @RecipeForDisaster84 talked about them ripping off his Coachella fan art.

I bet that if you post your design in their contest explaining what happened, you’ll win. It’s too much of a coincidence to me :lol:

I found it a little ironic about the timing as well,with all those fans uploads of GNR shows get taken down with threats yet they stole my idea for a design?!? I felt that’s completely hypocritical! I didn’t do shit or complain really,didn’t care,and still ended up happy and proud! I felt like my situation had to of been made aware enough for this new contest to at least do things like this the right way by the band or TB.I applaud them for that...I should just submit my same design lol...and for the few that doubted it was my idea,along with riot-of-paints,I have all the evidence you need,and why would I lie about something like this for over two years now? 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, RecipeForDisaster84 said:

I found it a little ironic about the timing as well,with all those fans uploads of GNR shows get taken down with threats yet they stole my idea for a design?!? I felt that’s completely hypocritical! I didn’t do shit or complain really,didn’t care,and still ended up happy and proud! I felt like my situation had to of been made aware enough for this new contest to at least do things like this the right way by the band or TB.I applaud them for that...I should just submit my same design lol...and for the few that doubted it was my idea,along with riot-of-paints,I have all the evidence you need,and why would I lie about something like this for over two years now? 

I don't doubt what you said. Maybe this is a way for them to recognize you if so.

My question is the design completely yours or did you incorporate some of their designs and arrange it all how you wanted? Genuinely curious as some of it looks like designs they've used for years. I hope that question makes sense.

36 minutes ago, BOSSY78 said:

I don't doubt what you said. Maybe this is a way for them to recognize you if so.

My question is the design completely yours or did you incorporate some of their designs and arrange it all how you wanted? Genuinely curious as some of it looks like designs they've used for years. I hope that question makes sense.

As I’ve said before,everything out of the design is copyrighted by the band and Coachella,except for The skull hand,which is “riot of paints” a user on the Nightrain forums and whom I’ve acknowledged since,she was cool with it cuz she knew my intentions was just for fun out of excitement of the band and to make it a cool Twitter post.Thats the whole reason I never complained or expected anything out of it.I’m responsible for the “rearrangement into a full idea” so to speak.The band should acknowledge “riot of paints” because that whole “skull hand middle finger grabbing the AFD cross” is her sketch.They flipped the skull hand,modified it a lil,made the cross more clear,and moved the “GNFNRs” logo to a different spot For the band to make it more of their own,as shown in previous comparisons.Like I said before,Which pretty much is all of the bands/Coachella copyrighted art anyway as well as Riot of Paints skull hand.No disrespect but I think this is the last time I’m gonna talk about this,I don’t wanna keep repeating myself.All information about this is in this thread as well as during the Coachella shows thread.

Edited by RecipeForDisaster84
Spelling,adding “a”
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, RecipeForDisaster84 said:

As I’ve said before,everything out of the design is copyrighted by the band and Coachella,except for The skull hand,which is “riot of paints” a user on the Nightrain forums and whom I’ve acknowledged since,she was cool with it cuz she knew my intentions was just for fun out of excitement of the band and to make it a cool Twitter post.Thats the whole reason I never complained or expected anything out of it.I’m responsible for the “rearrangement into a full idea” so to speak.The band should acknowledge “riot of paints” because that whole “skull hand middle finger grabbing the AFD cross” is her sketch.They flipped the skull hand,modified it a lil,made the cross more clear,and moved the “GNFNRs” logo to different spot For the band to make it more of their own,as shown in previous comparisons.Loke I said before,Which pretty much is all of the bands/Coachella copyrighted art anyway as well as Riot of Paints skull hand.No disrespect but I think this is the last time I’m gonna talk about this,I don’t wanna keep repeating myself.All information about this is in this thread as well as during the Coachella shows thread.

Thank you for explaining that.i actually read this thread late last night and should have went back through before posting as I did miss one of your posts about the rearranging of their copyright material.

I love the skull hand. It was a perfect touch.

I wonder if they have spoken with her since she's a member of the official forum

• Like 1

I just wanna throw in that that design is the first time you all ever seen the appetite cross without Izzy and Steven.I sadly feel responsible for removing the two because that’s just how it was as the lineup was revealed and as the shows started to come to fruition.When the band officially posted their version a week later,a lot of you guys were pissed! Most seeing that cross without Izzy and Steven for the first time as “blasphemy” lol.Thats when I felt the need to start making attempts by posting “Don’t blame the band! Blame me! It was my idea!” That’s all 

30 minutes ago, RecipeForDisaster84 said:

I just wanna throw in that that design is the first time you all ever seen the appetite cross without Izzy and Steven.I sadly feel responsible for removing the two because that’s just how it was as the lineup was revealed and as the shows started to come to fruition.When the band officially posted their version a week later,a lot of you guys were pissed! Most seeing that cross without Izzy and Steven for the first time as “blasphemy” lol.Thats when I felt the need to start making attempts by posting “Don’t blame the band! Blame me! It was my idea!” That’s all 

It’s a great concept. They should have hooked you up w something. A print or shirt at the very least. Again, who knows who’s in charge and ran w taking it. I hope it’s not a general practice. 

Also people would have complained if they used the full imagery too. 

• Thanks 1

On 11.8.2018 at 8:25 PM, RecipeForDisaster84 said:

As I’ve said before,everything out of the design is copyrighted by the band and Coachella,except for The skull hand,which is “riot of paints” a user on the Nightrain forums and whom I’ve acknowledged since,she was cool with it cuz she knew my intentions was just for fun out of excitement of the band and to make it a cool Twitter post.Thats the whole reason I never complained or expected anything out of it.I’m responsible for the “rearrangement into a full idea” so to speak.The band should acknowledge “riot of paints” because that whole “skull hand middle finger grabbing the AFD cross” is her sketch.They flipped the skull hand,modified it a lil,made the cross more clear,and moved the “GNFNRs” logo to a different spot For the band to make it more of their own,as shown in previous comparisons.Like I said before,Which pretty much is all of the bands/Coachella copyrighted art anyway as well as Riot of Paints skull hand.No disrespect but I think this is the last time I’m gonna talk about this,I don’t wanna keep repeating myself.All information about this is in this thread as well as during the Coachella shows thread.

:shocked:

I've totally lost respect by now...
I'm not sure if the band is to blame or just whoever runs the management. But this is not the way you treat your fans...

9 hours ago, Rubicon said:

:shocked:

I've totally lost respect by now...
I'm not sure if the band is to blame or just whoever runs the management. But this is not the way you treat your fans...

I don’t think it’s that big of deal because no matter what anyone says,I’ll always be glad to be part of the NITL Tour history,even if it was in a microscopic way 🤘Also,I think they got it right finally by doing this design contest for the fans.