Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

10 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Legitimately was unaware. Never kept up with his solo work or The Replacements :shrugs:

The Replacements output in the 80's was one of the biggest influences for whatever happened in Alternative Rock in the 90's. Every major artist pretty much looked up to them and you can hear the influence. 

The 2 Bash and Pop albums are also really good and I'd highly recommend them even to GNR fans. 2 different bands recorded them, but the concept was the same in that they got into the studio with the songs and churn them out in a few takes. The 2nd one getting very Stones-esque to my ears at times. 

Edited by guitarpatch
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Would you guys rather there lose Foetus, Reese, and Ferrer or team Brazil?

Definitely Team Brazil. Fortus is great guitarist, Melissa does very nice back-up vocals and I can stand Frank.

11 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Team Brazil. I'd let a 5 year old run the band over Team Brazil :lol:

Edited by Gibson_Guy87
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

I'm all for Fernando on drums, Vanessa replacing Melissa and Beta playing lead guitar! :lol:

25 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

I'm all for the music so give me Izzy and Steven instead of Frank and Fortus any day of the weak. I don't care for TB simply because I don't have to deal with them.

Actually, you do. Merchandise, tour stop and venue selection, music videos, interviews...basically everything but the music is affected by them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/8/2018 at 10:25 AM, RageKage said:

I’m not fernie and i was just assuming. I dont know if thats what they’re doing. I hope so. But maybe people should wait a while until they tear apart tb for this

wait for gnr to do something?  well that's something new.....  lol 

1 hour ago, adamsapple said:

I'm all for Fernando on drums, Vanessa replacing Melissa and Beta playing lead guitar! :lol:

Actually, you do. Merchandise, tour stop and venue selection, music videos, interviews...basically everything but the music is affected by them.

Not at all. I'm not a big fan of merchandise and I don't care for the venues. Don't need music videos or anything. All I'm interested in is new music and TB don't affect that.

43 minutes ago, Chester 524 said:

that's maybe the biggest F U I have ever seen a band do to a fan.  steal your crap and you weren't even mad about it, and they didn't even send you a freaking t shirt or 2 tickets?  other bands probably would have given you tickets, let you come early to see sound check (and maybe let you play a song with them)- all of which doesn't cost them anything!!!!

instead they BLOCKED you????  

that's just wrong.  really wrong.  

All I can say is that hopefully it’s a lone wolf situation or an outside vendor that they hired and not something indicative of an overall theme behind the scenes. That’s just bad on multiple levels. I cant think of any artist who wouldn’t be willing to at least send a care package in this situation.

Leads you to believe someone stole the design as a way to cut corners   

Edited by guitarpatch

19 minutes ago, Chester 524 said:

that's maybe the biggest F U I have ever seen a band do to a fan.  steal your crap and you weren't even mad about it, and they didn't even send you a freaking t shirt or 2 tickets?  other bands probably would have given you tickets, let you come early to see sound check (and maybe let you play a song with them)- all of which doesn't cost them anything!!!!

instead they BLOCKED you????  

that's just wrong.  really wrong.  

That's just how TB appears to be rolling these days, 100% rock and roll spirit, pure class right there. :facepalm:

If any other rock band would have used fan-art to promote a concert, they most definetely would have acknowledged and probably even offered tickets.

Does Axl ever realise how badly his handlers backfire on him and the entire band? At the end of the day it's his name out there, not theirs.

To the guy who made the artwork: Great job, one of the nicest artworks of the entire reunion, prefer this over any of those silly lithos. :thumbsup:

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

That's just how TB appears to be rolling these days, 100% rock and roll spirit, pure class right there. :facepalm:

If any other rock band would have used fan-art to promote a concert, they most definetely would have acknowledged and probably even offered tickets.

Does Axl ever realise how badly his handlers backfire on him and the entire band? At the end of the day it's his name out there, not theirs.

To the guy who made the artwork: Great job, one of the nicest artworks of the entire reunion, prefer this over any of those silly lithos. :thumbsup:

This about the fan for TB part is very intolerable, not a minimun of gratitude ❓😕

28 minutes ago, sl4yer said:

Well Bumblefoot cared about fans

Well, i know, he is the only one:wacko:

Duff also was pretty active at social networks, but it's a long time ago. nowadays he's more concerned with brand clothing, unfortunately.

• Sad 1