Guns N' Roses @ Vegas - May 21-June 7

"No Trickery! An Evening Of Destruction"

Hahaha. Oh god, this band are lame. I am actually embarrassed for them.

GUNS N' ROSES' first Vegas residency, Appetite For Democracy, took place in the fall of 2012 and saw the band performing an electrifying show featuring a setlist created exclusively for The Joint.

'Exclusive'? It was the exact same setlist they had been playing since 2010!! Who writes this garbage?

No Trickery! Except the orquetra in NR, that's Chris Pitman in the keys lol! Starts Now!

Speaking of, did they ever recreate the synth strings live (from 6:17 in this video)? I can never hear them on any YouTube boots or in concert:

''No Trickery! An Evening Of Destruction''. The person who comes up with these things (Fernando), is there any irony in their entire body? Surely they must realise that, by declaring ''no trickery'' and citing Appetite, they are drawing attention to the fact that crowds will see just the opposite, i.e. Appetite played live by 7/8 tricksters basically! I have also decided that Axl is now officially the cheesiest '80s washout member of, old gnr. Adler has now been bumped up. Axl makes Adler look like Bob Dylan.

So I'm guessing they got rid of backing tracks for this tour. Nice... Maybe Tommy indeed left and Chris will be the new bass players. Everything is making sense now.

I thought they got rid of most of those by 2011/12, didn't notice them at gigs I went to in 2012.

But yeah, poor choice of name. I mean, how many people are even gonna get the joke? I had to google the "no trickery" thing when they had the hashtag, and most people don't waste as much time on this crap as I do.

And there I was thinking the name would be related to a new album. Silly me :(

I find it to be hilariously awesome.

Yeah but in fairness your idea of hilariously awesome is also Ace Ventura...

When Nature Calls is the Godfather Part II of superior comedy sequels.

ace-ace-ventura-6606326-367-305.gif

I find it to be hilariously awesome.

Yeah but in fairness your idea of hilariously awesome is also Ace Ventura...

Purely subjective material. Your argument is invalid.

Besides, who cares what it's called? Does it have to actually have a name? They're just playing shows in Vegas. :shrugs:

Apparently yes, and it's fucking terrible.

Remember Fernando's three hour meeting. So this is the results of it,

- More Vegas cheese with a title even lamer than 'Appetite for Democracy''

- Tour South America again.

It took him three hours to decide that!

Unless these three songs turn out to be Atlas Shrugged, The General and Oklahoma (which I doubt highly), this looks like it is shaping up to be GN'R's greatest ever year.

RHCP plays 3 minutes of pre-recorded music in a 20+ years carreer and Axl thinks that's funny enough to name a tour... Just priceless.

What makes you so certain that has anything to do with the name for the residency, if that is in fact the name? Did I miss some confirmation of the link between the name and that incident?

Ali