The Hangover/I'm an Alcoholic Thread

AxlisOld

Ive switched to one gallon brewing and Im loving it! Just tried a sip from a batch i brewed a few weeks ago. Exquisite!

In small batches one can risk more experimentation. I used bread yeast and am happy with that too!

- purified water

- bread yeast

- foraged stinging nettles

- Briess light DME

20 minute boil, ready to bottle in 1-2 weeks. Bottle conditioned within the month.

Some of those in UK who've revived the Hedgerow brewing traditions swear by adding Tang crystals. I happen to have some and can see how it might be helpful to try next time.

7 pints for about $10! ABV ended up slightly higher than same recipe with ale yeast, so also slightly drier. The bread yeast imparts some spicy notes (ethers). I like spicy ethers and I like drier ales. But not both qualities together so much. Still enjoying it though!

And had my experimental recipe been shit, Id toss it down the drain and just be out $10 and about 45 minutes (spread over a month). Im never going back to 6 gallon batches!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Sosso said:

My favourite beers are Guinness and Budweiser (Czech Republic) right now. 

That’s fascinating about the fight for the name Budweiser.

For stouts I enjoyed a local milk stout from Calabogie brewing.

11 hours ago, EvanG said:

Mine is Warsteiner but i’m drinking Alfa now because that’s all I’ve got. Well, that and jagermeister.

I’ve had Warsteiner. I think it was good!

Im happiest with my home brew lately

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

2 hours ago, soon said:

That’s fascinating about the fight for the name Budweiser.

The original Budweiser was brewed in 1265. Which means that the original is older than the US :lol:

Edited by Sosso
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, EvanG said:

Mine is Warsteiner but i’m drinking Alfa now because that’s all I’ve got. Well, that and jagermeister.

My favourite german beer comes from Bremen and Hamburg 😉

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1

I ain't drinking now, til at least the summer, I've turned into a great big fat cunt.  Looked on the scales the other day I was fuckin' almost 16 and a half stone.  16 and a fucking half, its a fucking disgrace!  I fuckin' drank all my life, this has never happened before.  So yeah, knocking it on the head, I'm gonna sober up, get up 5am every morning and run like fuck, sweat this fuckin' shite off.  I was 12 stone standard, all my life.  The worst thing is I don't get proper fat, like all over fat, I wouldn't mind that, I've just got a big fuckin' stomach like a fuckin' Darts player.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I ain't drinking now, til at least the summer, I've turned into a great big fat cunt.  Looked on the scales the other day I was fuckin' almost 16 and a half stone.  16 and a fucking half, its a fucking disgrace!  I fuckin' drank all my life, this has never happened before.  So yeah, knocking it on the head, I'm gonna sober up, get up 5am every morning and run like fuck, sweat this fuckin' shite off.  I was 12 stone standard, all my life.  The worst thing is I don't get proper fat, like all over fat, I wouldn't mind that, I've just got a big fuckin' stomach like a fuckin' Darts player.

Your lucky that you didnt get the man boobs at least!

I was getting a fat ass from edibles! Like oil or chocolates. So I started just eating the decarbed hash straight. Put it in my low fat yogurt :lol: But then I thought to buy everyone edibles for Christmas. A box of 50 doses of chocolates, candies and soda/pop is set to arrive here any day. :axl: We'll see how much lasts till Christmas! :lol:

4 hours ago, soon said:

Your lucky that you didnt get the man boobs at least!

I was getting a fat ass from edibles! Like oil or chocolates. So I started just eating the decarbed hash straight. Put it in my low fat yogurt :lol: But then I thought to buy everyone edibles for Christmas. A box of 50 doses of chocolates, candies and soda/pop is set to arrive here any day. :axl: We'll see how much lasts till Christmas! :lol:

I've got the strangest metabolism. I can eat and drink what I want and I don't gain any weight. I'm lazy as it is, but there have been plenty of days since March where I barely even moved all day because I was stuck at home, yet I still don't gain a pound.

14 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I've got the strangest metabolism. I can eat and drink what I want and I don't gain any weight. I'm lazy as it is, but there have been plenty of days since March where I barely even moved all day because I was stuck at home, yet I still don't gain a pound.

Lucky duck!

Until more recently I had a similar situation. It was difficult to adapt to my big new ass - I dont know how the Kardashians did it!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, soon said:

Lucky duck!

Until more recently I had a similar situation. It was difficult to adapt to my big new ass - I dont know how the Kardashians did it!

I don't know if I'm lucky, because this is not normal, right? I mean, I'm not 16 anymore... most people my age have to work out to stay fit, and I am sitting at home drinking too much and eating crap food, but I still look like I did when I was a skinny 18 year old. I should be huge by now, so I guess my point is... I'm probably really sick!

• Wow 1

9 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I don't know if I'm lucky, because this is not normal, right? I mean, I'm not 16 anymore... most people my age have to work out to stay fit, and I am sitting at home drinking too much and eating crap food, but I still look like I did when I was a skinny 18 year old. I should be huge by now, so I guess my point is... I'm probably really sick!

Oh sorry, missed that! I mean... that could be. I really hope not. Or it could be that you have a really healthy 'biome' / gut flora? Or as you said great metabolism?

Perhaps your cycling is enough to keep you fit?

Please keep drinking too much and eating crap food so that you wont waste away!

Maybe its time to have your Dr examine your poop or something?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, soon said:

Oh sorry, missed that! I mean... that could be. I really hope not. Or it could be that you have a really healthy 'biome' / gut flora? Or as you said great metabolism?

Perhaps your cycling is enough to keep you fit?

Please keep drinking too much and eating crap food so that you wont waste away!

Maybe its time to have your Dr examine your poop or something?

Oh don't worry, I was kinda kidding... or I don't know, but I'm sure I would have dropped dead by now if I really am sick because I've always been like this.

I guess everyone just has a different metabolism and mine works really fast?

I haven't been to a doctor in over 15 years, but I'll be sure to ask him next time!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...