GN’R Reps Confirm Ron “Bumblefoot” Thal Has Left The Band

Well Fernando made an evasive post at HTGTH. A fan commented about TB being evasive. Fernando said "I disagree" I hope there is a sequel where he can elaborate more

Just shows about all we learned from tb. At least when we had Merc and even Azoff. It was fun being a fan. We had rumblings and fun rumours. Now its just silence. And when we ask for some info from gnr communications or tb we get blasted off as if we owe something from Axl. We don't. We just want little info. Just a lil bit of. A plan is in place, we are working on a tour for 2016. Minds are set on a release in the next year or. We are working on new guitarist. Keep the fans in The loop.

When we had the leaks in 06-07 we were energized and loved the songs and when the leaks came in 08 the band just missed a big opertunity to put something real out. Maybe azoff is to blame for that but we loved every bit just read the forums back from those days. Even when Going down came out and the remix stuff from Dj we were on fire. And gnr did nothing. For a follow-up that is supposedly ready since 2010 that's not how u work things.

I love this band and will keep loving it and show up to gigs and buy merch and music when released. It's a shame that the last thing we got was appetite for democracy and i really loved it. Would love to get some release from the 2014 las vegas run! Now that would be awesome

Just imaging prostitute/there was a time/yesterdays full proshot!

I don't get all the hype around here just because Ron and DJ left the band.

GN'R have survived a lot worse and Axl always kept the engine runing, it never stalled - you got to give him a big credit for this, even when so many others have turned their backs on GN'R (weather you agree with the motives or not).

It's normal that band members get in and out of bands, don't be histerical about it.

For example, just look at the amount of musicians (including singers) that Slash has worked through all these years - Snakepit I and II, VR, BluesBall, solo album, now with Myles and the Conspirators, who knows what's next?

GN'R themselves started as a mixture of several local bands.

Just a little patiente, I'm sure everything's being taken cared of as it always was; DJ and Ron's departure means a whole new window of oportunity, with new musicians, who knows what the future will bring.

• Like 1

I still can't believe that DJ and Ron left the band. I know DJ wasn't a great guitar player but he is a solid performer, loyal to Axl and was keen to get new music to the fans. Ron was also a good musician. Love Axl but it's beyond ridiculous to have a band for years touring and to never record or write with them. How does he even know if collaborations would've worked or not with the guys as Ron has said several times that this current band never even went into the studio or wrote together! What is Axl playing at that he didn't even consider trying to work as a band on a record? i know there's been problems over the years out of Axl's control like with the record company and lawsuits halting things but he is a big part of the problem now as to why this band has turned into just a touring hired hands thing. There's no reason this last year why he couldn't have been recording so of course the members are leaving. Great singer and performer but his behaviour is just plain disturibing and I don't like the way he keeps the members in the dark. Dj and Ron leaving shows that there is something seiously wrong with Axl.

I think Ron built up enough goodwill while in the band that it has taken ppl a while to realize he's a douche.

I think you're making a bit of a leap from "handling his departure in a manner which displeases you" to "being a douche." The goodwill you mention comes from years of actually doing his best to ensure that fans of the band had something to enjoy in the face of overwhelming dysfunction and obstacles.

Many people on here have said that they think he's the best thing to happen to this band in the last 10 years. I don't think refraining from disclosing his status leaving the band undoes all of that. It won't in my eyes because I actually know the man, but it does suck to see everyone turning on him with all their presuppositions without any clarification of the full extent of what's happened. I get that we can only act on the information we're given, but some people just assume the worst and they're so unforgiving and have a really short memory.

I think people take GnR news and band members - and ex/band members way too seriously. In relation to us - these guys are just musicians. Ron is a coward and loser because he was keeping his options open on playing with a band maybe a year from now? And he should be crucified for playing GnR songs to 100 people at his shows? Shows you didn't even attend?

Lighten up people.

And wow. So now Guns Guy has some clout and inside contacts?

No offense, as the dude has always been polite and cool to me. But didn't he get caught fabricating "news" or GnR related documents a few years back? And then got caught posting under the alt account of a 14 year old girl?

Now he is a legit go-to guy for GnR behind the scenes info?

These forums are crazy, man.

Well Fernando made an evasive post at HTGTH. A fan commented about TB being evasive. Fernando said "I disagree" I hope there is a sequel where he can elaborate more

He seriously didn't say that did he?

Who is in GnR?

Follow up to 7-year old album comes out when?

Next tour?

Band members have said they have NO IDEA what is happening with future plans.

GnR management haven't been evasive?

Smh.

Edited by Apollo

I think Ron built up enough goodwill while in the band that it has taken ppl a while to realize he's a douche.

I don't think refraining from disclosing his status leaving the band undoes all of that.

I don't have a prob with that either. It's just that all the little jabs he has taken started to add up and left a bad impression of the guy imo. Retaining the association with GnR was mutually beneficial for both ( Ron with concerts, etc, GnR with the AFD blu-ray/dvd). But given the lack of clarity with who was at liberty to say what, GnR camp is at the most fault for not letting fans know.

And after all his time with Axl, his biggest accomplishment was wrecking Brian May's solo spot in Catcher...

By now it's safe to say Bucket and Robin were the only main lead guitarists to contribute anything of artistic value post Slash while the rhythm guitar players to put any mark on it are Paul and Fortus.

So Axl really needed just 2 people to replace Slash and 2 people to replace Izzy to create Chinese and anyone else didn't get a chance to really be a part of the creative process.

Edited by Rovim

It seems someone edited the GNR Wiki page and added Ron back to the present members list, when this news came, someone put him in the past members section and even wrote about this confirmation, but it seems now someone had edited it back again, In some interview I heard Ron usually edits his stuff on wiki, so well god knows who did it.

There could be another meaning to that he made a request not to speak about it, I saw some one posting it in Jarmo's forum that most prob. Ron's solo tour promoters still want him to be labeled as the GNR guitarist, so maybe thats why he is not speaking up? he said it is hard for him to please both sides, before I thought both sides was TB and Fans, but now it could mean TB and Solo tour promoters?

Its obvious he is out, im not jumping in to any conclusions, but that make a request could have this meaning too.

NME are now running a story about Ron's departure.

I don't get the hate towards Ron regarding his ambiguity over his status in Guns. He was no doubt asked to not say anything and I imagine needs the 'ex Guns N' Roses' tag more than DJ. The thing with DJ is that he's in another successful band which will only get bigger once it becomes Nikki's main gig next year so I guess he's not too fussed about any fallout from the GN'R camp.

Ultimately whilst I'd obviously love a reunion I don't think Ron and DJ quitting really means a reunion is coming any time soon (although it would be great to be proved wrong). Since the end of the classic lineup to the vast majority of people Guns has basically been Axl and other random people. Axl's always been the main attraction - it seems the only member who was semi-interesting to non diehards was Bucket. Plus, it seems the other guys are still in the band. At the end of the day Axl only really needs one new guitarist to keep the band going so I can't see Ron and DJ's departure causing anything noteworthy to happen. He'll struggle to find a known player to fill the spot but I imagine there are a ton of great young guitar players that would happily do it.

It's pretty depressing though. The fact that Ashba picked Sixx: AM over GN'R speaks volumes. It's sad to think that Axl doesn't care that a name that once meant so much is now the butt of all the jokes in the music world and is happy to use the name to play Vegas shows once in a while when he needs the cash.

well, who is that SOURCE?

and why is it confirmed? i don't remember confirming anything and I surely don't need anyone to confirm anything for me

I guess one of was might have been the SOURCE

just so happened that this identity-less person who wrote the article was clearly looking for a good story and I gave him one

i hoped he would mention my name in it, but I see he didnt' even mention his

Damn I'm glad this was shot down quickly by our competent management team, could've dragged on for months, this swift course of action has reassured me immensely.

Expect Ashba's departure to be confirmed in ten months and a replacement for Bumblefoot to be attained in early 2018, an Ashba one for late 2019, another residency in 2022, the sequel will be released in 2030, it'll just be leftover material from the BH/Finck sessions but Axltime means he'll have finished tinkering this year but it'll be left to stew in the patented Axlmystique broth aka the needlessly left hanging out to dry for years longer than is logical.

• Like 2

Maybe Fernando can explain us the meaning of the ChiDem lyrics if he posted them.

Isn't it obvious? All he's got is precious time

It was a joke about how the lyrics from Chi Dem (the song) don't make any sense at all. I'm still able to understand english, thank you very much :max:

Maybe Fernando can explain us the meaning of the ChiDem lyrics if he posted them.

Isn't it obvious? All he's got is precious time
It was a joke about how the lyrics from Chi Dem (the song) don't make any sense at all. I'm still able to understand english, thank you very much :max:
I was actually referencing the chorus of the song jokingly. Kind of a dead pan humor attempt. My bad Edited by Mendez
  • Like 1