The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

So is there a reunion yet?

nope, this week the announcement was delayed because of star wars opening, next week it will be delayed because of christmas, the following week we will get a delay because of new years, then it may be further delayed by the MLK holiday. Too much stuff going on to announce this.

Also, they're waiting for the 30th anniversary of the first time Del kissed Axl's ass.

nah, they wait for the 30th anniversary of AFD

If not, then it will never happen

This is getting boring again. Someone needs to do something soon to stir the pot. A happy winter solstice picture with something in the background that may or many not be related to Slash from someone in the GNR camp or maybe another public person who knows somebody who is close friends with one of the old lineup needs to say something ambiguous. I can see the brand new spin to old arguments for both sides already.

• Like 3

If they cannot milk the 30th anniversary of AFD, then it will never happen

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer (j/k no I'm not!)- but I keep seeing the "oh I guess they're waiting for the 30th Anny of Appetite" theory, but has it occurred to anyone that they did absolutely nothing to commemorate the 25 anniversary?

Isn't a 25th anniversary more significant than 30?

Nope

Plus that was in 2011 when Axl still hasn't toured properly after CD came out

a 30th anniversary is more significant

Cool- thanks for correcting me- in that case I'm looking forward to seeing what they have planned for the 30th! :)

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer (j/k no I'm not!)- but I keep seeing the "oh I guess they're waiting for the 30th Anny of Appetite" theory, but has it occurred to anyone that they did absolutely nothing to commemorate the 25 anniversary?

Nope

Cool- thanks for correcting me- in that case I'm looking forward to seeing what they have planned for the 30th! :)

They in fact did jack shit on the 10th, 15th, and 20th anniversary, so you could be right :lol:

We will see

The reunion factor is now stronger than ever, but Axl still hasn't comment on it

I want a reunion, have Steven play a little and then Matt Sorum. I wouldn't mind if we get Finck and Buckethead on songs like This I Love, Better and There Was the Time. They've earned their place in Guns N' Roses.

Deep Purple were going to do something like this. A grand farewell tour featuring all living members. I'd be up for this.

Nope

They in fact did jack shit on the 10th, 15th, and 20th anniversary, so you could be right :lol:

We will see

The reunion factor is now stronger than ever, but Axl still hasn't comment on it

20th was 2006 when axl still hadn't toured properly before CD came out.

15th was 2001 when axl still hadn't toured properly before CD came out.

10th was 1996 when axl still hadn't toured properly after TSI came out.

See a pattern?

Edited by liers

Some interesting developments over at GNRevolurion from sp1at.

I still have faith that it's happening.

What kind of "developments"?

Sp1at has done a good job of reaching out to many venues and getting info. Coachella is a big focus of his as well. Good info.

Could you please elaborate for us not in-the-know?

Some interesting developments over at GNRevolurion from sp1at.

I still have faith that it's happening.

What kind of "developments"?

Sp1at has done a good job of reaching out to many venues and getting info. Coachella is a big focus of his as well. Good info.

Could you please elaborate for us not in-the-know?

http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=13572

Edited by Gordon Comstock
  • Like 1

I'm assuming nothing is set in concrete at this time regarding a reunion of the classic line-up or however they choose to line-up. I think Axl & Slash & the rest of the alumni should take full advantage of the media coverage right now by releasing new material in there individual ways, capitalize on the current situation. If marketed right Axl could release the rest of CD era stuff, call it Stay Of Execution! Its great name for a rock/metal album.

For me, there's no denial statement from GNR because it's fucking GNR and that would be waaaay too obvious!! I don't read anything into that.

Ax simply just doesn't take the easy road.

The possible reason Slash, Duff etc are not coming out and simply denying it is because they'd love to do it and probably hope it will happen and possibly enjoy the fact that everyone is pushing for it.

Then again it could all be true and who the fuck knows? :wow:

Exactly! Who knows what's going on but now that even Adler and sorum aren't talking at all, I do have hope that they'll be involved.. Just patiently waiting. Any day now..

I really hope they don't wait til next calendar year to announce it but beggars can't be choosers so as long as it happens I'll get over it. But right now like.. Cmon. Just announce it already.

For all the people whining 3-4 times a day about the lack of an announcement, where did the "days away" information originate? From what I can tell, it was from a single source who was wrong. Doesn't mean anything else, one way or the other.

Re: the link discussed above regarding announcement dates for Coachella. If they are negotiating to pay GNR a large sum of money to headline, assuming Sp1at's info hasn't been debunked, and using the list below as a guide, I am going to go out on a limb and predict the headliner will be announced sometime in January.

Posted by Sp1at:

Previous announcement dates for Coachella;

2006 - Jan 31st
2007 - Jan 22nd
2008 - Jan 22nd
2009 - Jan 30th
2010 - Jan 19th
2011 - Jan 19th
2012 - Jan 9th
2013 - Jan 21st
2014 - Jan 8th
2015 - Jan 6th

The announcements have been earlier recently, but seven out of the last ten have happened in the second half of January

• Like 2