04/08/2016 - Las Vegas - T-Mobile Arena

James Bond

Honestly everyone 

ive been waiting for 23 years to see axl and slash together but it wasn't worth the cash 

axls tone is awful 

slash nailed gnr tunes but his take on the cd stuff hurt ... 

I left before the show was done because it wasn't enjoyable any more 

I guess i hoped axl would be more on top of it . His voice is just gone. Poor guy with broken foot ... I mean no ill will , he just doesn't sound great.

he looked very happy , they all did ! And that makes me happy 

but paying 250 to see it , nope 

ill lol be there tonight because I paid for it 

but I'll be watching Richard and duff

14 minutes ago, bigpoop said:

It does sound good but there's no need for Pink Floyd covers. They should really ditch that kind of set filler stuff.

Horseshit. The "Wish You Were Here" cover was one of the best moments from the show. Instrumental covers are an awesome chance for Axl to rest his voice, helping it sound better for the Guns songs. Plus, if youre gonna cover a song, Floyd and Wish You Were Here is a good choice.

5 minutes ago, tkarmy said:

Honestly everyone 

ive been waiting for 23 years to see axl and slash together but it wasn't worth the cash 

axls tone is awful 

I guess i hoped axl would be more on top of it . His voice is just gone. Poor guy with broken foot ... I mean no ill will , he just doesn't sound great.

So you left last night but are going tonight?  Why didn't you just watch the other guys last night if it was not your thing?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keva161 said:

Does anyone else think they seemed to rush through the songs? Welcome To The Jungle for example, seemed quite quick in particular.

November rain was WAY too quick. All on Axl, when Frank came in he tried to bring the tempo down but Axl kept playing at his original way too fast tempo. Frank should count it in, hopefully it's better tonight... Slash was channelling Ashba for that outro solo, intonation man!!! bend those strings!!!

10 minutes ago, AtGame7 said:

And the reason there is a tour.

I don't know what anyone ever saw in Buckethead.  I mean, if you have to wear a KFC bucket on your head and play in a chicken coop full of shit then, well, I'm out.

If you can pass the image...

Its all about the music man, the Nightrain outro, the TWAT outro the Sorry outro...the KNOHD solo.

6 minutes ago, Jakey Styley said:

Axl's voice really exceeded my expectations with Coma.

Everything I've heard has exceeded my expectations.  Coma was hard for him to do live in his prime.  Sure, besides Coma, there are noticeable weak moments in his voice, but overall his voice works and has a lot of dynamite moments

8 minutes ago, thewolfshead said:

Fuck me the emotion Slash puts into that solo.

Finck original solo has more emotion and is better than Slash.

You are getting caught up in the moment, it seems Slash is playing something else he came up with on the fly and its too fast for the song.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, tkarmy said:

Honestly everyone 

axls tone is awful 

I could not disagree more. Coma alone was worth the money for me, though :lol:

I thought Axl sounded absolutely killer. The clean voice sounded weak at certain parts but I thought he balanced that out by 'going for it' on songs like Coma, LALD, KOHD, Better, Nightrain... his low voice on DTJ and ISE was intense. He sang clean a lot but didn't sound 'mickey' very often IMO.

Here's the way I see it: Axl started this tour sounding better than he did at the last 2014 shows, which gives me a ton of confidence that he can get back to 2010-form by the time I see them in Seattle. He always improves over the first few shows and he started this one pretty fucking strong.

Anyway, hope they keep Coma in the set but I wouldn't mind if they replaced it with Locomotive :awesomeface: (hope they add TWAT, too!)

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, KIKOZ3 said:

Finck original solo has more emotion and is better than Slash.

You are getting caught up in the moment, it seems Slash is playing something else he came up with on the fly and its too fast for the song.

Sorry but you can't tell me how I am feeling about something so move along.

It's really hard to compare 2 solos as good as Finck's and Slash's respective solos on these ChiDem songs. It's not like when we were comparing Finck's to Ashba's, in which Ashba's clearly fucking sucks ass, now you have 2 great guitarists with 2 great solos. I wouldn't necessarily put one above the other.

16 minutes ago, 3rd Wheel said:

Horseshit. The "Wish You Were Here" cover was one of the best moments from the show. Instrumental covers are an awesome chance for Axl to rest his voice, helping it sound better for the Guns songs. Plus, if youre gonna cover a song, Floyd and Wish You Were Here is a good choice.

I know he's been doing this sort of thing for years but it's lame. He's a professional singer and should be able to do a whole set without instrumental breaks to rest his voice.

Awesome show! Looking forward to part 2 tonight, my legs are dead though from standing in so many lines earlier in the day.

as far as the show goes they were incredible, Slash is unbelievable and Axl sounded great in the arena. Some miscues here and there but they really tried to bring it. Coma was great! The beginning was so creepy with Axl sitting in a chair and the red stage lights on his face, just amazing. 

The vocal criticism is understanding, it wasn't his best vocal performance, the thing that's hurting him is obviously sitting in a chair...he would have been better off propped up singing standing up, but that and the fact that the songs are too fast right now...Axl is having a really hard time keeping up with vocals, lyrics, and tone because he's singing so fast, I'd really recommend slowing it down a notch on some of the songs. 

Overall it it was great! I just felt like being a little critical, but I had a great time and the band is in great form, some of the notes Axl did hit were incredible and I don't think I could say enough positive things about Slash..,he's the man. 

5 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I could not disagree more. Coma alone was worth the money for me, though :lol:

I thought Axl sounded absolutely killer. The clean voice sounded weak at certain parts but I thought he balanced that out by 'going for it' on songs like Coma, LALD, KOHD, Better, Nightrain... his low voice on DTJ and ISE was intense. He sang clean a lot but didn't sound 'mickey' very often IMO.

Here's the way I see it: Axl started this tour sounding better than he did at the last 2014 shows, which gives me a ton of confidence that he can get back to 2010-form by the time I see them in Seattle. He always improves over the first few shows and he started this one pretty fucking strong.

Anyway, hope they keep Coma in the set but I wouldn't mind if they replaced it with Locomotive :awesomeface: (hope they add TWAT, too!)

Hearing Coma AND TWAT during soundcheck was worth the $1254 I paid for VIP!!!! Unreal

I don't like that new intro to better. Also sort of miss the more melodic solos on better and TIL. It is amazing to see him play all the CD songs and really, he takes things to a whole other level, but credit where it is due. Finck wrote some neat solos. Eventually Slash will settle into an actual melodic solo for them and it will be fine. 

19 minutes ago, KIKOZ3 said:

If you can pass the image...

Its all about the music man, the Nightrain outro, the TWAT outro the Sorry outro...the KNOHD solo.

He can play in other peoples bands.  Slash is the lead in GNR.  always has been, always will be

4 minutes ago, Mixter said:

Incredible how Slash lifts the show compared to the former guys. Even if Axl is a little weak her and there, the grand total was great.  Couldn't have byen bytter! 

Slash just dominated.   He played the original GnR songs better than they've been played in 23 years and he played the CD songs properly.    And he didn't do the stupid DJ and Bumble gimmicks. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, tkarmy said:

Honestly everyone 

axls tone is awful 

Try to perform Coma sitting in a fuking chair....He (Axl) has proven to be a GOD.

• Like 1