*OFFICIAL* MERCH THREAD

On 01/08/2020 at 4:18 AM, tristanj13 said:

Started seeing official one on a million shirts pop up on a few sites. Anyone else surprised they’d make merch off that song now of all times?

Yeah - a bit odd and a bit risky too!?! We don’t need all that stuff dredged up again.

On 8/1/2020 at 6:18 AM, tristanj13 said:

Started seeing official one on a million shirts pop up on a few sites. Anyone else surprised they’d make merch off that song now of all times?

I think these are not new. They were launched as part of the Lies anniversary series about 15 months ago, but it seems now some local stores are selling them again.

On 1.8.2020 at 5:18 AM, tristanj13 said:

I have a theory that pretty much all the merch is automatically generated by bots :lol:

They have all the song titles and album art, plus those generic skeleton pictures, so they have bots that jumble and mix it all together and are automatically put on the store. Same for the animated videos, they have generic animations and they just get pieced together and voilà! 

At least that's a better excuse than that people spend time making that stuff themselves :lol:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, goldentobacco said:

I have a theory that pretty much all the merch is automatically generated by bots :lol:

They have all the song titles and album art, plus those generic skeleton pictures, so they have bots that jumble and mix it all together and are automatically put on the store. Same for the animated videos, they have generic animations and they just get pieced together and voilà! 

At least that's a better excuse than that people spend time making that stuff themselves :lol:

Hahahaha! 

Funniest post in ages! Well done Sir! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, goldentobacco said:

They have the same things for answers they're giving in interviews. 

• Like 1

Slash has launched a face mask (GnR not yet :lol:)

https://www.slashmerch.com/

-----

I see Metallica are selling face masks, too. Out of curiosity, I went to their and AC/DC's merch stores and they're even worse than GnR's: baby bibs, clothes for dogs and flip flops :lol: But I guess the difference is, in Metallica's case at least, that they release music and shows, too.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

Slash has launched a face mask (GnR not yet :lol:)

https://www.slashmerch.com/

-----

I see Metallica are selling face masks, too. Out of curiosity, I went to their and AC/DC's merch stores and they're even worse than GnR's: baby bibs, clothes for dogs and flip flops :lol: But I guess the difference is, in Metallica's case at least, that they release music and shows, too.

Yeah, all that shit can be ignored easily when you have a constant stream of new music product. 

Edited by allwaystired

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Tourettes2400 said:

The Official GN’R store has added a bunch of show specific shirts to the website. The only catch is that you must be a Nightrain member to purchase them.
https://gnrmerch.com/collections/guns-n-roses-tour-merch

That's ridiculous that it's fan club only. Hopefully they'll open it up to everyone when it doesn't sell quickly.

• Like 1

Tbf I don't mind them finally giving some minor benefit to having Nightrain (even if it's just the ability to spend more money).

Some cool stuff there. 

Have they said anything about rolling over Nightrain memberships to next year? Considering the main appeal (early tickets) cannot be accessed? 

They should start doing 'loot-boxes' of unsold merch. Like $25 a month to get a random t-shirt+keychain tat, with a random chance to get the higher end stuff thrown in. 

46 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

That's ridiculous that it's fan club only. Hopefully they'll open it up to everyone when it doesn't sell quickly.

Ah, toss 'em a bone.

It's pretty much the only perk the fanclub has ever had.....unless you count being able to buy some of the worst tickets for a gig that won't sell out 24hrs before non-members can buy better ones of course. 

It's not like there's a shortage of GNR shirts in the world! 

On 9/11/2020 at 10:32 AM, EricA said:

i admire especially this one, this was such an amazing tour in 2020

20200911_162853.thumb.jpg.937fb9238495079b6eee35ed9fbe2a61.jpg

Isn't it time to retire the Appetite For Destruction cross?

Izzy and Steven aren't coming back, so stop trying to profit off something that isn't representing the current band.

• Like 1

On 9/12/2020 at 2:10 PM, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

Izzy and Steven aren't coming back, so stop trying to profit off something that isn't representing the current band.

I do wonder if Izzy and Steven get a cut of everything they sell that has the classic appetite logo on it since it is their likeness

On 9/12/2020 at 2:10 PM, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

Lol. The reliance on that image could be consider a co-dependent relationship.

Edited by The Holographic Universe

Got my Exit 111 Manchester shirt in today. Actually pretty fast from the official GN'R store. I put it up with my Louisville shirt and Litho. I'm actually pretty happy to have have the Exit 111 shirt because it was sold out the last night when I attended the concert, the night GN'R played.

Edited by Tourettes2400

16 hours ago, Tourettes2400 said:

Got my Exit 111 Manchester shirt in today. Actually pretty fast from the official GN'R store. I put it up with my Louisville shirt and Litho. I'm actually pretty happy to have have the Exit 111 shirt because it was sold out the last night when I attended the concert, the night GN'R played.

Enjoy it! :headbang:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...