Unofficial GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

7 minutes ago, BucketEgg said:

There's  a New Zealand exclusive article in the newspaper! :O

iCubnBk.png

[img description in case it disappears: Ratapu Sunday. 04.12.22. New Zealand Exclusive. Guns N' Roses. Duff McKagan on that time Axl Rose wore an all blacks Jersey and why the band are in their best shape yet.

Big black and white photo of Duff holding his guitar, and his arm up, in front of a crowd.]

edit: this may be the online version? i don't have the paper so i can't check if they're the same. https://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/music/300751677/guns-n-roses-on-that-time-axl-rose-wore-an-all-blacks-jersey--and-whether-theyll-do-it-again

The headline is the same, so it's the same, I guess.

Posted here, also:

https://www.a-4-d.com/t7535-2022-12-04-stuff-new-zealand-guns-n-roses-on-that-time-axl-rose-wore-an-all-blacks-jersey-duff

• Like 1

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

52 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

“Last night, we played a setlist, like, it was all over the place,” McKagan tells me. “‘I don't know, let's throw in this now!’ We're not playing the same thing, you know.” Alongside songs from all eras of the band, one of the treats for Gold Coast was a cover of AC/DC’s Whole Lotta Rosie, played for the first time on this tour.

“Sometimes we have to play the same set five nights in a row, but it's fine, you know, because it's a new crowd. But last night we played this wacky, killer set, songs were all over the place. And it was fun.”

They played Better and Reckless Life earlier in the set than usual, and added Whole Lotta Rosie... so wacky and all over the place! :lol:

• Like 3
  • ABSUЯD 1

20 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

“Last night, we played a setlist, like, it was all over the place,” McKagan tells me. “‘I don't know, let's throw in this now!’ We're not playing the same thing, you know.” Alongside songs from all eras of the band, one of the treats for Gold Coast was a cover of AC/DC’s Whole Lotta Rosie, played for the first time on this tour.

“Sometimes we have to play the same set five nights in a row, but it's fine, you know, because it's a new crowd. But last night we played this wacky, killer set, songs were all over the place. And it was fun.”

They played Better and Reckless Life earlier in the set than usual, and added Whole Lotta Rosie... so wacky and all over the place! :lol:

they should go really wacky and play My World at some time. Instead of just Axl singing, the whole band can sing it for even more wackiness :D

maybe the audience can sing it too

Edited by BucketEgg

29 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

They also played I Wanna Be Your Dog/Absurd /Hard Skool after SCOM/Wichita, and then they played November Rain/Civil War, so it kind of really was an unusual shuffle :lol:

Edited by Blackstar

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

They also played I Wanna Be Your Dog, Absurd and Hard Skool after SCOM/Wichita, and then they played Civil War after November Rain, so it kind of really was an unusual shuffle :lol:

and unfortunately no Coma for the people in that thread that wanted it.  maybe got lost in the shuffle! :smiley-confused2:

Since it's being shuffled around, I wonder what the New Zealand setlists are going to be like :dance:

3 minutes ago, BucketEgg said:

and unfortunately no Coma for the people in that thread that wanted it.  maybe got lost in the shuffle! :smiley-confused2:

Since it's being shuffled around, I wonder what the New Zealand setlists are going to be like :dance:

No, Coma was played at that show with the "big shuffle" (Gold Coast). It wasn't played in Melbourne.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

So Punk AF this band. Crazy unpredictable bastards that they are...

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

They also played I Wanna Be Your Dog/Absurd /Hard Skool after SCOM/Wichita, and then they played November Rain/Civil War, so it kind of really was an unusual shuffle :lol:

Yea they shuffled it a bit, but it's the same set they've been playing all year plus a different AC/DC cover... not exactly 'wacky'. Duff saying "we're not playing the same thing" is kinda ridiculous.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Yea they shuffled it a bit, but it's the same set they've been playing all year plus a different AC/DC cover... not exactly 'wacky'. Duff saying "we're not playing the same thing" is kinda ridiculous.

What's kind of funny is that Axl still calls what the next song will be (I listened to an IEM), although it's the same order/songs most of the time :lol:

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

What's kind of funny is that Axl still calls what the next song will be (I listened to an IEM), although it's the same order/songs most of the time :lol:

IEM audio gets leaked? :wow:  i know there's an old axl rant out there recorded from IEM audio, but i still find it surprising, as someone with no technical know-how on how people obtain that audio.

3 minutes ago, BucketEgg said:

IEM audio gets leaked? :wow:  i know there's an old axl rant out there recorded from IEM audio, but i still find it surprising, as someone with no technical know-how on how people obtain that audio.

Sometimes it does, yes. I don't know how people do it either.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, BucketEgg said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/embed/video/2723085.html

(click the watch full video on the top right corner to hear audio)

axl says he was sleeping at one of the stadiums

remember to pause or close the video once it finishes because the dailymail sucks and will autoplay the next one

It's from last summer when they played in London. Axl slept in the stadium.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, BucketEgg said:

Melissa's instagram ( https://www.instagram.com/p/Clu4QubPJbc/ ) mentioned "Lastly, I’m gonna get u first one of these days #PsychicChio - I still have a couple of shows 😈" but the video in her post wasn't clear in showing what she meant.

Another video from another angle ( https://www.instagram.com/p/ClyywAbPMiD/ ) shows that Axl kicked Melissa in the ass, and that's why she's slapping him on the back!

8G7r7QW.png

Axl has the advantage in this game, considering they're both exiting to their left and Axl is further in the middle.

Melissa, I believe in you! One day, you will be able to kick Axl in the ass first!

I wonder how long the ass-kicking game has been around for.

Something to talk about?

We need musical quotes.

On 12/6/2022 at 9:17 AM, BucketEgg said:

Melissa's instagram ( https://www.instagram.com/p/Clu4QubPJbc/ ) mentioned "Lastly, I’m gonna get u first one of these days #PsychicChio - I still have a couple of shows 😈" but the video in her post wasn't clear in showing what she meant.

Another video from another angle ( https://www.instagram.com/p/ClyywAbPMiD/ ) shows that Axl kicked Melissa in the ass, and that's why she's slapping him on the back!

8G7r7QW.png

Axl has the advantage in this game, considering they're both exiting to their left and Axl is further in the middle.

Melissa, I believe in you! One day, you will be able to kick Axl in the ass first!

1 down, 2 more to go

On 12/6/2022 at 10:17 AM, BucketEgg said:

8G7r7QW.png

confirmation Melissa is a real part of the band, Axl is such a denis the menace kinda guy lol

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

image.thumb.png.f72a29edaa438940e8b1e5636dbf023c.png

oh dear these things will happen.

Ironically i was just watching a proshot Beautiful Creatures gig from 2003 where Dizzy reed gets up and does a couple of songs with them. Only band Ashba has been in that I liked (except the obvious one)

Divorce isn't a bad thing if you ain't meant to be together.