Unofficial GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure Axl, Slash and Duff could care less about who's US president. They're multimillionaires, soon to be billionaires (when they release the new record), so whatever happens they're safe. There could be a nuclear war and they'll hide underground or something, they're loaded, and they're secure enough to not be concerned with any civil rights movements. To them it's  probably more of a reality TV show than reality - they can root for someone but it doesn't affect them significantly either way.

Waste of a question. It would have been much more productive to ask about new music. :lol:

6 hours ago, nonok said:

I'm pretty sure Axl, Slash and Duff could care less about who's US president. They're multimillionaires, soon to be billionaires (when they release the new record), so whatever happens they're safe. There could be a nuclear war and they'll hide underground or something

In The vault :P 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, nonok said:

I'm pretty sure Axl, Slash and Duff could care less about who's US president. They're multimillionaires, soon to be billionaires (when they release the new record), so whatever happens they're safe. There could be a nuclear war and they'll hide underground or something, they're loaded, and they're secure enough to not be concerned with any civil rights movements. To them it's  probably more of a reality TV show than reality - they can root for someone but it doesn't affect them significantly either way.

Waste of a question. It would have been much more productive to ask about new music. :lol:

Not true. Yes, they're safe and won't be personally affected much either way, but that doesn't mean they don't care about politics.

Duff in particular is a very political and opinionated person and already said months ago that Trump winning would be his worst nightmare or something like that. I'm sure we will hear more of his thoughts on that matter soon enough.

Slash and Axl have made enough comments in recent years as well that made it very obvious who they wanted to win (hint: not Trump)

Del James, Fortus, Melissa etc. are all very anti-Trump too. The entire band plus entourage probably voted Hillary or hoped she'd win at least.

Edited by Frey

2 hours ago, Frey said:

Not true. Yes, they're safe and won't be personally affected much either way, but that doesn't mean they don't care about politics.

Duff in particular is a very political and opinionated person and already said months ago that Trump winning would be his worst nightmare or something like that. I'm sure we will hear more of his thoughts on that matter soon enough.

Slash and Axl have made enough comments in recent years as well that made it very obvious who they wanted to win (hint: not Trump)

Duff's worst nightmare? Suuure. :lol: I could name at least 10 things that would be way more horrifying for him than the next US president. Relapsing, his family being in danger, GNR breaking up, becoming broke etc. 

I'm not trying to put them down, the point is that whatever their opinions are, these issues that arise from Trump being president don't affect them nearly as much as some poor bloke working 9 to 5 and still making less than the minimum wage.

To the 3 it's an extra awful season of Big Brother - they can be pissed off and empathize with the rest of America, but to ordinary people it's Orwell made reality - they have to actually live it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, starlight said:

I meant who cares about politics in relation to GN'R, we're supposed to talk about music here.

Anyway all politicians are the same they don't care about your future or the future of your family. They only want to control the masses for their own interests

Exactly. Let's make GNR great again! :P

• Like 1