Unofficial GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Cool pictures. Does Axl take a different plane too. lol

I think Axl's people take him out a different way sometimes.

All at the airport together. Unless they took different planes to arrive at the same place and time, seems like the entire band travels together now

3 hours ago, Babooshka said:

Steven must have great genes, because he looks so fresh-faced for a guy who's had a longstanding battle with addiction. But then he was never really into booze was he? And that's the one that can really rip you apart.

yeah he was into booze way too much. He was so smashed off booze the entire loaded tour that duff banished him from his life for some time lol

And he used to wear those booze hats while drumming

I think he was taking everything under the sun like most the guys at one point

On 10/26/2016 at 1:23 PM, bikka said:

I tend to agree that band planes are excessive. If your read Duff's book he explains that those luxuries they had on UYI tour do not happen any longer - everybody is more tight with money and the attituted towards "rock'n'roll decadence" has changed in general. Well, it seems he changed his mind, lol. Anyway, gnr has made us used to such "ego driven rubbish" so I would be pretty neutral to it... !!!!BUT!!!!

There's this one, small "but": This plane costed millions probably. They will probably sell it for a bit less once the tour ends (provided it has been actually bought not rented - which might make sense because renting it for a year or so could be more expensive). Still, they have earned a fortune playing US and decided to buy a plane. Whichever way they split the cost, they were not so willing to spend a fraction of that sum to pay Izzy a more reasonable amount that could convince him to play. They chose to offer him a ridiculous fraction of what they earn each show and instead spent their money on a f..ing plane:shrugs:

Think about it next time you accuse Izzy of being all about money and greedy... It only proves that this tour is a huge cash grab meant to boost their egos an fool them for one more year that they are true "rockstars". The quality of the music, the performance - it's not really that important. Pathetic, really. :facepalm:

I'm sure the plane makes them feel important again to their peers, wives, kids and such. It's a new found ego boost that they can revel in now that they are all sober. And probably a huge middle finger to Izzy