THE OFFICIAL PROPER FOOTBALL THREAD 2020/21

Len Cnut

• 2 weeks later...

CONCACAF Nations League final between the USA and México had a bit of everything; goals, disallowed goals, controversial penalties, tasty tackles, fights, crowd discontent... was a fantastic game for a neutral.

I, however am far from neutral :P , gutted that México didn't win, I thought they were by far the better team in open play and the US didn't offer much apart from set pieces. I also thought that Salcedo got the ball before taking out the man in the incident that gave the US their penalty.

7 hours ago, Dean said:

Fuck the people that chose to film a man fighting for his life. Best wishes to Eriksen

I agree. Luckily though there were also some Finnish fans who gave a Finland flag to the danish players to hide Eriksen from the cameras

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Dean said:

Fuck the people that chose to film a man fighting for his life. Best wishes to Eriksen

6 hours ago, SAU3R said:

I agree. Luckily though there were also some Finnish fans who gave a Finland flag to the danish players to hide Eriksen from the cameras

BBC apologised. I don't know about other media. Anyway, if something like this happens again they will do it I'm afraid :unsure:

The BBC broadcast the fixture and apologised after images of Eriksen receiving treatment were shown.

A spokesperson said: "Everyone at the BBC is hoping Christian Eriksen makes a full recovery.

"We apologise to anyone who was upset by the images broadcast.

"In-stadium coverage is controlled by Uefa as the host broadcaster, and as soon as the match was suspended, we took our coverage off air as quickly as possible."

WOW!!! What an amazing goal!!! :headbang: Like from 50 yards or so

Eeerr... against Scotland :rolleyes: For them it was a huge embarrasment :wacko:  What the hell was the goalkeeper thinking? He left his place and he was somewhere else. When he tried to do something it was too late :facepalm:

• Like 1

The cons of trying to go with the whole sweeper keeper carry on. Marshall had no right being that far out mind you and Hendry didn't cover himself in glory either. Here is my thoughts on the Scotland game, captured in song:

Lisbon Lion Bertie Auld has been diagnosed with dementia. There isn't many like wee Tin Thirty, the definition of 'patter merchant' that lights up any room that he walks into. He embodies everything that is special about Celtic Football Club and thoughts go out to him and his family at this time. 

I always loved this story as both Celtic and Inter Milan lined up in the tunnel before the final for the big cup. Check out Caesar retelling the events:

2 hours ago, Padme said:

However Portugal shoot themselves in the foot with those 2 own goals :no:

Don't think those would have been regarded as own goals before this tournament. Whoever happens to touch the ball even the slightest before it goes in, gets names as the one making the goal. It gives the wrong image imo. And it sucks for the one who really scored (even if the ball gently touched an opponent).

If Germany plays like they played against Hungary, England should be safe 

My predictions:

Wales 1:2 Denmark on Extra Time

Italy 3:0 Austria

Netherlands 2:1 Czechia

Belgium 2:1 Portugal

Croatia 2:2 Spain - Spain wins on penalties

France 3:1 Switzerland

England 2:0 Germany

Sweden 1:1 Ukraine - Ukraine wins on penalties