THE OFFICIAL PROPER FOOTBALL THREAD 2020/21

Len Cnut

4 hours ago, Padme said:

I agree it was a great result for England. But at the same time England played against a worn out Germany. Since the last WC Germany has been an embarrassment for the most part. They needed a huge change that didn't happen.

It'll be interesting to see how the Germans cope under new leadership. Maybe a change of scenery will suit both parties?

22 minutes ago, -Jaro- said:

It's not lucky, it's cheating and diving...

True he went down easy, but if it was cheating and diving VAR would have overruled. He was knocked particularly the second time on his left, very light foul yes but there was contact. Shame it was not a goal from open play, but on the balance of overall play England definitely deserved the win. Denmark made errors with their subs I think - too many too early, and before they made 3 or 4 in the second half they were actually playing well, but after the subs England took control. Ref was poor overall though- a few more Danish players should have had yellow cards, and Maguire's yellow was never a yellow. 

Edited by ToonGuns
Spelling
  • Like 1

He dived, no matter if butterfly passed by him or even touched his shoulder - never a penalty... and about VAR, I won't say nothing...

Also that Kane diva, he took a knee every time Danish player approached him...

It is amusing how English pundits and fans always are 1st to judge other player cheqt, but are blind when their do...

Hope Italy wins at all cost....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The TB bashing is even making it to the football thread now? Sad!

Anywho, I haven't seen too many matches from England this tournament, but apart from having a good defence, I haven't heard too many great things about the English football, so Italy will most likely win tonight?

25 minutes ago, EvanG said:

The TB bashing is even making it to the football thread now? Sad!

Anywho, I haven't seen too many matches from England this tournament, but apart from having a good defence, I haven't heard too many great things about the English football, so Italy will most likely win tonight?

I dunno, England on paper have fantastic attacking players that have come to life at the business end of the tournament. I said previously that I think England could’ve beat the Spanish or Italian’s should they meet either of them. I hope to god I’m wrong 😂😂

• Like 1

Just now, Padme said:

Happy!!! :dance:

Hopefully this is me following the England Italy game...:lol:

I hope you all enjoy the game, though.  That goes to all the English on here too, just hopefully you don't enjoy it too much! Ha!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Padme said:

Happy!!! :dance:

In all seriousness, though, it's nice that in the ''Anything Goes'' section one can escape the repetitive GnR/TB negativity that you can find in almost every thread in the GnR section, but now I also have to scroll through that shit in the football thread for crying out loud? No offence, but sad indeed.

2 minutes ago, Dean said:

Hopefully this is me following the England Italy game...:lol:

I hope you all enjoy the game, though.  That goes to all the English on here too, just hopefully you don't enjoy it too much! Ha!

The whole world is going to watch. On paper is a great match. However this Euro wasn't as good as I expected. I mean, How many own goals did we have? Some teams were not at their best, like France or Germany. So I really hope for a really good game

• Like 1

Just now, Padme said:

The whole world is going to watch. On paper is a great match. However this Euro wasn't as good as I expected. I mean, How many own goals did we have? Some teams were not at their best, like France or Germany. So I really hope for a really good game

I lost all hope as soon as the Belgians were put out. I really thought they'd have smashed the remaining teams left in the tournament, so maybe I should give Italy more credit in that regard, but if I write them off, then hopefully they pull a win out of the bag, such is my luck when betting FOR teams to win :lol:

36 minutes ago, Dean said:

I lost all hope as soon as the Belgians were put out. I really thought they'd have smashed the remaining teams left in the tournament, so maybe I should give Italy more credit in that regard, but if I write them off, then hopefully they pull a win out of the bag, such is my luck when betting FOR teams to win :lol:

Belgians, another team that underperformed. Italy needed a new begining. They didn't manage to qualify for the last WC. I don't think they were greatly misssed. But still it was shocking

• Like 1