Best Nightrains ever

57 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

gotta give nugnr some love 

I'm so split on this Tokyo 2009 rendition. On one hand, the energy is killer, it's maybe the most energetic I've ever heard Axl sing it. On the other hand, he sings the entire verse off pitch. It sort of works for the most part since he's sort of singing a harmony, but it's objectively wrong. But ultimately, I'd probably take good energy over a technically "right" performance any day.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

I'm so split on this Tokyo 2009 rendition. On one hand, the energy is killer, it's maybe the most energetic I've ever heard Axl sing it. On the other hand, he sings the entire verse off pitch. It sort of works for the most part since he's sort of singing a harmony, but it's objectively wrong. But ultimately, I'd probably take good energy over a technically "right" performance any day.

Agreed. I love that he just took that verse up a notch then settles right back in where he was suppose to be when it ends. I think it stands out for its uniqueness so while it's wrong it is memorable and that's what the live show is about. 

The Ritz 1988 one may be an obvious pick, but I just love the way the band sounds on that one.  It isn't perfect musically but man the showmanship and energy and vibe is just incredible right from going from Axl's band intro to Slash's intro to the song.  Everything about it is sleazy and raw and rock n roll

8 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Above the best Nightrain from Axl,

below the best Nightrain from Slash:

That's my opinion. What's yours?

can you imagine this melbourne show released in DVD?

:headbang:

if somebody has the original multicam recording preserved, they could do a complete new mix without the "fusion" camera effects

and just put out for everyone

but i wouldnt care if they just released it like it is with all the cam fusions and stuff

i just wanna watch/listen to it in better quality

this shit sounds so great with this quality think about with improved sound/image

• Like 1

all the versions by Guns N' Roses are AMAZING, some better than others... but Axl and his employees covering gnr doesn't count and never will.  there's a cover band down at my local pub that does a killer version of night train too... but they don't count either.

On 8/27/2017 at 8:37 AM, Gordon Comstock said:

Has to be posted:

Melbourne '88 is one of my favourites too. Same with Music Machine '86.

This performance is incredible. His vocals cut through the music like a razor. 

Edited by IndiannaRose