06/03/18 - Berlin, Germany - Olympiastadion

downzy

3 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

again about frank

really... I know how this guy is the drummer of GNR

Is something really really sad..

Fucking kills me!! Gn'R were one of the best rock bands of all time.. To have some of these clowns in the band is indeed really sad. 

3 hours ago, RQRQ said:

I'm sure everyone that was there had a great time as it's always different when you are there but it seems increasingly so, that with each show I don't attend I see it as money saved not a missed opportunity.

Did you see the videos? Everyone was in the stands sitting with their arms crossed.  

29 minutes ago, Original said:

Yeah- insert most songs.  *Although i met him and he's a hell of a nice guy.  

Agree. Met Frank twice and was very cool. Happy to chat, take pics, and sign autographs. I'm a drummer and have no issues with his drumming.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Original said:

That is a WTF.  Granted i was in the PIT at my 4 shows and have no idea what the crowd was doing up high but rather than WTTJ that video clip was more like 'Welcome To The Senior Home' for those people.

I was at the Minneapolis show (I think you were there, right?) in the nosebleeds and even we stood up for Jungle

47 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Exactly. Ive tried over the years to look past it but I just can’t get over how awful he makes these songs sound. That intro to Slither was embarrassing, sounded like that was first time hearing it and improvising...

Honestly I didn't think he was bad on Slither.. I thought Slither was pretty good overall.. I think Axl could have been better but he was ok.. He just didn't seem like he rehearsed enough to be comfortable enough to nail it... I think if he puts the effort in he could fucking nail it and make it something pretty special.. It just sucks that the first performance is the one that will be blasted all over the internet.. What a weird show all together.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Ralphelmo said:

He should keep singing with low register (ISE way), what he did was literally butchering the song.

Scott > Myles > Corey > Axl

I'm afraid.

you can add a lot more people on your list

Scott > Corey > The 188 guys who sing in Velvet Revolver cover bands > My Neighbour > Myles > Axl

to this day I never thought that any human being could sing a song worse than Myles Kennedy. let me tell you, life is full of surprises!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, TeeJay410 said:

chinese democracy and slither are pretty similar songs, basic rnr midtempo drop d riffs, I sort of thought it would sounds like CD/ISE from Axl and it uh, didn't.

axl probably knows that.

it looks like he deliberately chose to sing the song with a high (clean, mickey, whatever you wanna call it) voice that absolutely doesn’t fit the song at all

why would he do that?

7 hours ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Not sure he's paying respect to Scott, think it's more about paying respect to Slash and Duff for playing his CD songs.  

i am not sure he is paying (or showing) any respect to slash and duff by singing their song like that

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

i truly hope he does

by all accounts he has been listening to yes-man for nearly three decades and by the look of it none of that has made him any good

I think Axl realise when he not sound good.my opinion , i can be maybe wrong

I do ponder why they left out YCBM tonight. That’s the first full show they haven’t played that song at since 1993. Something had to have seriously happened to make the band drop it. I’m guessing Axl is starting to accept his voice isn’t what it used to be.

Question about YCBM: so was this intentionally dropped from the setlist from the start and will be for the rest of the shows? Or was this a mid-show decision by Axl to cut it for this show because he knew his voice was fucked? I'm still unclear on that 

7 hours ago, Ralphelmo said:

Corey on the video above is singing the song properly (tone of voice, delivery, performance etc) and clearly enjoying himself while doing it

Axl seemed the exact opposite. Voice, tone, delivery and performance absolutely didn't fit the song. And he didn't seem to be enjoying himself. At all