06/03/18 - Berlin, Germany - Olympiastadion

downzy

12 minutes ago, GNRfanJen said:

Question about YCBM: so was this intentionally dropped from the setlist from the start and will be for the rest of the shows? Or was this a mid-show decision by Axl to cut it for this show because he knew his voice was fucked? I'm still unclear on that 

It was soundchecked before the show, so there was intention to play it. Most likely it was a mid-show decision to skip it (as well as to make the show shorter).

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

i am not sure he is paying (or showing) any respect to slash and duff by singing their song like that

Most of the time Axl deserves the criticism about his voice, but I think now you (and others) are talking shit just for the sake of it.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Anyone else think the worst part of Slither was Frank? 

That Axl performance was so horrible that i didnt even notice Frank butchering the song -- which i am sure he did :rofl-lol:

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Most of the time Axl deserves the criticism about his voice, but I think now you (and others) are talking shit just for the sake of it.

did you listen to what he did to slither?

seriously?

Edited by ludurigan

10 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

Corey on the video above is singing the song properly (tone of voice, delivery, performance etc) and clearly enjoying himself while doing it

Axl seemed the exact opposite. Voice, tone, delivery and performance absolutely didn't fit the song. And he didn't seem to be enjoying himself. At all

What a difference. GNR should just have a guest singer sing the song, while Axl goes into his tent and reloads with oxygen.

I can't really fault the guy here despite the less than stellar performance. Axl gets major kudos for singing Slither and trying his best to soldier on despite his vocal issues. Looks like he showed some heart at this gig which is a rarity for the redhead.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I do ponder why they left out YCBM tonight. That’s the first full show they haven’t played that song at since 1993. Something had to have seriously happened to make the band drop it. I’m guessing Axl is starting to accept his voice isn’t what it used to be.

Whatever the reason, I think it's a good call. There's plenty that he can sing the fuck out of like Bad Obsession or 14 Years which could be brought back into the set again.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, RONIN said:

I can't really fault the guy here despite the less than stellar performance. Axl gets major kudos for singing Slither and trying his best to soldier on despite his vocal issues. Looks like he showed some heart at this gig which is a rarity for the redhead.

Just like the sign he showed major balls.

• Like 1

Signing some song parts in a lower register, skipping lines, cutting the set list, no YCBM, Axl actually commenting on his voice to the crowd. Def something a miss - either technical problems or just a pretty bad off night.

Hopefully the next show is better

BTW - the version of Slither was pretty bizarre.

But Kudos to Axl for singing it. First, he didn’t have to. And second, he knew he was potentially setting himself up for a fall from the internet listeners, but chose to do it anyway

6 minutes ago, LA_0013 said:

Signing some song parts in a lower register, skipping lines, cutting the set list, no YCBM, Axl actually commenting on his voice to the crowd. Def something a miss - either technical problems or just a pretty bad off night.

Hopefully the next show is better

There were technical problems. There is even a petition online to Livenation to give people their money back because so many people left early cause the sound was atrocious. Everyone seems to ignore that there were monitor and sound issues galore here. <_< Go to twitter or Guns Facebook page and you will see it all there.

• Like 1

Review:

https://www.rollingstone.de/kritik-guns-nroses-live-in-berlin-leider-geil-also-richtig-geil-1507909/

Guns N'Roses are like this today: They do not do anything new, they do not succeed in anything new. But once they did the best, at least in hard rock. And remember, they can do that pretty well.

Axl Rose: the opera singer

It's a wonderful nostalgia show

because Guns N'Roses is more than ever a business venture. 

Whether Axl Rose was in the car and got an extra sausage, maybe because footpaths are so exhausting, is not known. 

Guns N'Roses: Axl practiced his voice

As a musician, Axl Rose has the most catching up to do. Occasional croaking, broken heights, sometimes he holds the microphone in the audience so that he does not have to sing himself.

Edited by AFGnR
  • Sad 1

50 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

He didn't do anything different from what he did to most of the other songs of the show. It was a bad night.

i think it was worse than that

axl deliberately chose to NOT sing the song the way it was recorded

instead, he chose to sing it in a completely different way that absolutely did not fit the song

not only that but he sounded like a zombie singing it, moved like a zombie, made it look like he didnt really want to be singing it at all

it was horrible to listen and to watch, and it seemed very disrespectful if you ask me

===

other songs of the show?

i made a point to never listen to GNR songs played by this band until this band becomes GNR again

a professional vocalist who forgets his words or can't hit high notes at the moment, he can let the crowd sing these parts.

but Axl never let the crowd participate, only KOHD and WTTJ "i wanna hear your scream"

For example Jon Bon Jovi can not hit the high note on Livin On A Prayer but he knows his voice so he let the crowd sing with the help of Keayboarder David Bryan. And that's make a vocalist professional. Yes humans are getting older but you must learn your voice over and over.

For me, Axl Rose is not a professional vocalist and not a live singer.. It's just a human who damage his voice

Edited by t-p-d-a
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

i made a point to never listen to GNR songs played by this band until this band becomes GNR again

Memo to band: 

Get your act together, shit is now getting serious. Ludurigan has made a point to never listen to GNR again until you become GNR again

🤔