06/03/18 - Berlin, Germany - Olympiastadion

downzy

10 minutes ago, DeadSlash said:

Is it me, or did Axl seem like he really wasn't into singing Slither?

i have no idea but it definitely looks like axl REALLY didnt want to sing it

not only that, but it also looks like he made a huge effort to sing it in the most horrible way possible

seriously this is unbelievable

using the words of the GNA manager, is Axl -- and everyone around him -- so CLUELESS that they dont realise how this nonsense sounds?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Axl sounded fine, but I just cannot get over Frank’s drum kit’s tone. He has the chops but I just don’t like how it sounds with the Guns discography no matter how much I force myself to try and like it. It certainly didn’t work with Slither in my opinion.

To me, Franks kit sounds worse than it did from 06-14.. it reminds me of the way Matt’s kit sounds on the Tokyo 92 DVD. Just bad. I don’t mind if they speed some songs up, but he way he plays Estranged and November Rain is just baaaaaaaaaaaad. He needs a more gentle touch for those songs

25 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

It isn't really a cover though, is it, when two members of the present band played on it? 

Yes it is. Its VR song. Personally, Just cant understand why GNR should play VR stuff. two different bands, both great bands on their own. just another cover song. 

• Haha 1

Slither would have been fantastic if Axl dropped the vocals down a range so he can be more comfortable with the verses.  He doesn't need to pressure himself to go Full Mickey to reach those high notes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kosonen said:

Yes it is. Its VR song. Personally, Just cant understand why GNR should play VR stuff. two different bands, both great bands on their own. just another cover song. 

If it's a straight swap for Black Hole Sun then fair enough but there are still plenty of Illusions tracks aswell as a couple from Chinese that I'd like to hear them do.

2 minutes ago, Kosonen said:

yea, right, hahahahah

if you don't see the difference between the seeker and slither, a song composed by 3 members of GNR's 90's lineup... damn.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kosonen said:

I am happy they are playing Slither. I dont consider it a true full on cover, it is Slash's riff

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gackt said:

Slither would have been fantastic if Axl dropped the vocals down a range so he can be more comfortable with the verses.  He doesn't need to pressure himself to go Full Mickey to reach those high notes.

It should be in pretty much the same register as he uses for Chinese.

Fair enough he might want to put his own spin on it but it'd be better if he was in shape vocally first of all.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bansidhe said:

If it's a straight swap for Black Hole Sun then fair enough but there are still plenty of Illusions tracks aswell as a couple from Chinese that I'd like to hear them do.

yes. Do Bad Apples instead, my world....I dont care. 

43 minutes ago, DeadSlash said:

Is it me, or did Axl seem like he really wasn't into singing Slither?

He was dancing during slash's solo and towards the end of the song.  That seems pretty into it to me.

What do you want him to do hold up a giant sign that says "I enjoy playing this song"?

He looked into it.  It is just a slower song for his vocals.  May have been nervous hoping not to screw up the words too 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Duwz said:

yea, right, hahahahah

if you don't see the difference between the seeker and slither, a song composed by 3 members of GNR's 90's lineup... damn.

yes I see the difference. but why not play a GNR song instead.