06/03/18 - Berlin, Germany - Olympiastadion

downzy

Eh, still love the fact that Slither got played. That's huge IMO. Sure it didn't sound great, but Axl sounded bad on black hole sun at first and tweaked it to work for him after a few runs. If Slither stays I'm confident he'll make it work. It's a song he can use his great middle voice on. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, EvH said:

Sounds like a rough show.

But that's really cool we got Slither, Axl does need some practice on it, but after a first listen I don't feel like he half-assed it. It will get better!

Despite what people might think, I don't think Axl half assed anything. If he tried anymore rasp than he did, he wouldn't have made it through the show, and would have risked causing longer term damage. Not a good thing at the start of a tour!

51 minutes ago, History2010 said:

2004 - 2007: Axl Rose uses all his remaining influence to blacklist Velvet Revolver from the music industry and damage them.

2018: Guns N' Roses covers "Slither"

Nothing is impossible with this band. 

Fuck yeah... that's why I love 'em so much!:lol: 

Maybe Axl even regains his 2010 rasp... 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, SWINGTRADER said:

Why so many excuses? The guy is done, it is that simple. He looks like a sick person up there. It's not just the voice, it is everything about him. And it has been this way for a long time.

His voice could be a little better, that's all, it isn't that overly dramatically bad lol

I think the bigger issue is not so much the lack of rasp or him sounding a bit off at the start of the tour, more the fact that he seems incapable of reaching even the moderately high notes. Hopefully he'll improve but this is the first show I've seen where he didn't even hit the notes in Nightrain

1 hour ago, History2010 said:

2004 - 2007: Axl Rose uses all his remaining influence to blacklist Velvet Revolver from the music industry and damage them.

2018: Guns N' Roses covers "Slither"

Nothing is impossible with this band. 

I may have missed this, Axl did what in 2004?

I don't wanna spoil the party, but... what's with all the praise around Slither? 

I mean, it's my favorite VR song and I couldn't be more happy that GNR is covering it (mindblowing) but Axl sounds simply atrocious on it. The only reason everyone's praising it is because of novelty - same as first reunion shows in 2016 when everyone said Axl sounded like in 90's.

I still don't get it how could he sing it so bad. I mean the song is in the same register and Chinese Democracy and It's So Easy... why could not he sing it that way and add some rasp?

I hope that Axl rehearses and gets better at it cause I wanna see it ROCK!

As for Slash, he killed it! That solo was spotless! Great to hear Slither in GNR! 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Caedo said:

I think the bigger issue is not so much the lack of rasp or him sounding a bit off at the start of the tour, more the fact that he seems incapable of reaching even the moderately high notes. Hopefully he'll improve but this is the first show I've seen where he didn't even hit the notes in Nightrain

Agreed, he dropped more notes this one show then he probably did in the entire of 2016. I understand him being clean, but the notes just weren't there for the majority of the night.

As others have said, he may well have pushed too hard to fast, but even before TIL his tone wasn't great and it was very chest led and airy sounding apart from the highest of notes. Still the 2nd half was noticeably weaker, and the songs dropped hints that something was definatley amiss aside from the usual lack of preparation.

6 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

I don't wanna spoil the party, but... what's with all the praise around Slither? 

I mean, it's my favorite VR song and I couldn't be more happy that GNR is covering it (mindblowing) but Axl sounds simply atrocious on it. The only reason everyone's praising it is because of novelty - same as first reunion shows in 2016 when everyone said Axl sounded like in 90's.

I still don't get it how could he sing it so bad. I mean the song is in the same register and Chinese Democracy and It's So Easy... why could not he sing it that way and add some rasp?

I hope that Axl rehearses and gets better at it cause I wanna see it ROCK!

As for Slash, he killed it! That solo was spotless! Great to hear Slither in GNR! 

yeah, I dont get it either...just another cover...ignoring the already existing catalogue from GnR...sure 1/2 the band is almost completely who wrote the song, but still, a cover. :P